PDA

View Full Version : Hyosung GT650

johnsv650
2nd November 2006, 09:28
building up a f 3 racer, does anyone know of anyone who has done one, after fiberglass fairings and any knowledge would be great

skelstar
2nd November 2006, 10:02
Some guy in Levin (Kapiti Coast) was building fairings for one. Not a KBer but 'Beemer' might know who he is (send her a PM maybe).

Im pretty sure theres a few Hyo650 racers down in the Sth Isl.

ps - welcome to the site.

nadroj
2nd November 2006, 10:12
Try Jon Kelly at JFKjetskisandmotorcycles 78 Great South Road Onehunga. I was talking to him yesterday and he said he is entering one in F3.

MOTOXXX
2nd November 2006, 12:27
some dude raced one at vic club this year.

the motor went bang big time i think on the track day a few weeks ago. Oil everywhere

MattRSK
2nd November 2006, 12:58

the motor went bang big time i think on the track day a few weeks ago. Oil everywhere

Yeah I heard him say "Korean piece of shit"!

GSVR
2nd November 2006, 14:55

The guy racing the black GT650R was Tahana Parker from down Wellington way. He told me he was getting fibreglass fairings made. The bike ran very well in the 3? rounds he competed in.

The red one that was dropped at the trackday didn't "blow up". It didn't have any crash knobs and when it was dropped at Coke broke through the water pump and was laying on that side at the edge of the track and dumped all its oil from behind the water pump.

On the subject of fairings I can't see any reason why whatever fits an SV wont fit the Hyosung. Under current rules you'd probably cut heaps off your subframes or just make new ones keeping all the originals for when the bike goes back on the road.

Look at the Fischer in this months Motorcycle news its a Hyosung makes reportedly 80hp at the wheel and has a great frame and bodywork not to mention the upgrade options.
http://www.fischer1.com/

johnsv650
2nd November 2006, 18:08
thanks for your help,
anyone know tahana parkers phone number?

kickingzebra
5th November 2006, 16:52
The only comment I had from the one I raced in clubmans, Might be tahana, not sure, 11 laps into a 16 lapper of manfield he lost front brakes.
Looked it up, and front brakes are reputedly a very weak link on them, so you might need to consider doing something to the system. Might be as simple as top resevoir and lines, I can't honestly say, but well worth doing to make it reliable safe and competitive!

Titanium
5th November 2006, 20:16
The one from JFK in Auckland was at TD4 today, appear to go ok in the fast group.

bumsex
8th November 2006, 20:21
I had one of those. It was a GT650s (red). I didn't do anything magnanimous to it except strip the loom, change tyres and took it to a trackday (didnt come off though) Did a deal with and english guy called Keith (good bloke) for annother bike (swap).
It was pretty okay in terms of power (with no development: lots of potential) and yeah the front brakes were shite. I didnt like it though.

if I can help you aty all my phone number is (06) 838 8709. Chris