PDA

View Full Version : Evil garage

Mole_C
2nd November 2006, 22:12
My garage is not in my good books after it tried to eat me tonight :angry:

I got home from my ride and proceeded to put my bike away. Now to get my bike in i have to drive down my steep driveway, turn left in behind my brothers car and reverse a bit, go back up and then reverse in.

So i get down, reverse and im about to go back up when i notice something hit me in the head. I look up to see the garage door coming back down for another bite. Im stuck not being able to go forward as the garage door is in the way and not being able to go backwards as my dads car is right behind me. The bloody thing keeps crushing me and i have to keep pushing it back up with my head about 6 times before it finally gives up and goes back up.

Moral of the story: Don't accidentally knock the remote in your pocket while your under the garage door :angry:

MattRSK
2nd November 2006, 22:32
Would of loved to of seen that. Hahaha. Thanks for the laugh.

Colapop
3rd November 2006, 05:28
I have the problem... 'cept mine is a well meaning daughter. She goes open the gagre door when it's already open (while I'm riding in....)

slimjim
3rd November 2006, 06:52
haha fucking "Crikey Mate", it nearly ate Me !!! yup tha for the giggle ..

Squeak the Rat
3rd November 2006, 08:24
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Please tell me you yelled out the same thing everytime the door hit you.....

kerrclunk....D'oh! .....kerrclunk....D'oh! .....kerrclunk....D'oh! .....kerrclunk....D'oh! .....kerrclunk....D'oh! .....kerrclunk....D'oh!

MyGSXF
3rd November 2006, 08:31
:killingme :killingme :killingme

hahahahahahaaaaferkinghhaaaaaa..... CLASSIC mate!! well done!!

gijoe1313
3rd November 2006, 11:13
Thanks for the giggle Mole! Seems you are fated to have these unusual little incidents involving your bike! Kudos for not dropping the bike, but it will be interesting to see the scuff marks on your lid and then having to explain to other people how they got there! :lol:

Don't worry, other amusing stories and anecdotes will be posted by others! :innocent:

Phurrball
3rd November 2006, 11:53
I've been there...but not that impressively! ROFL

(Icing on the ROFL cake provided by STR)

It's not a pleasant sense of rising panic at the time...but amusing later.

xwhatsit
4th November 2006, 00:37
Hahahah... I can attest that after seeing him at uni today for an exam, he's actually got some nice scratches right on the top of his helmet. Try explaining that one to the ladies when you're trying to act all tough and manly about crashing... :P

If that happened to me I'd be completely owned. I have an ancient electric garage opener which struggles mightily to pull the door up, but seems to race down at about 25kph when it closes due to gravity and an apparently absence of intelligent gearbox design (worm drive, anybody?). No joke, it'd probably completely knock me off the bike if it closed while I was getting inside.

diggydog
4th November 2006, 04:37
hey you guys its not funny that garage door could of caused alot of damage,hit the bike which may have lost his balance and then pissed him self, its possible:buggerd:

Mole_C
4th November 2006, 13:10
hey you guys its not funny that garage door could of caused alot of damage,hit the bike which may have lost his balance and then pissed him self, its possible:buggerd:

Lucky my head was there to block it! :yes:

It wasn't once of those nice soft modern doors either. It's a big old metal thing with huge springs that pull it down. I thought i was gonna be trapped until someone came and rescued me :crybaby:

Squeak the Rat
5th November 2006, 19:28
I thought i was gonna be trapped until someone came and rescued me :crybaby:

It just gets better! :killingme

But now that we've had a great laugh at your expense (thanks!), it's time to be serious and remind you that a knock to a helmet can weaken it, even if there is no visible damage. I'd be considering replacing the lid if i were you.....

StR

diggydog
5th November 2006, 19:32
Lucky my head was there to block it! :yes:

It wasn't once of those nice soft modern doors either. It's a big old metal thing with huge springs that pull it down. I thought i was gonna be trapped until someone came and rescued me :crybaby:

oh thats not so good,i know the newer doors takes a fair bit of pressure before it reverses back up again, nice two know you came out ok without broken neck.:rockon: