PDA

View Full Version : AMCC club champs -round one 26/11/06

FROSTY
3rd November 2006, 20:40
Folks I have confirmation that 26th has been booked for round 1 of the amcc club champs,

Cut N paste from an e mail just recieved

The armco barrier at Pukekohe Park was removed so that the New Zealand Classic Racing Register could proceed with their race meeting on Labour Weekend and it has not been replaced. Word is that it will not be replaced either which is good news for motorcycle racing.

There may be a Sunday free for a race meeting later in November. Hopefully this will be confirmed early next week. As soon as we know for sure we will send out the entry form via email and add it to the website.

Thanks
Chris Costello
President (amcc)

Keystone19
3rd November 2006, 21:19
26th November clashes with Round 2 of the PMCC champs.

vtec
5th November 2006, 16:11
That sucks, I think many (including me) are all booked up for the PMCC race meeting. Damn it, I wanted to give the AMCC club champs a good go.

kickingzebra
5th November 2006, 16:48
MNZ are chartered to do their best to avoid issuing conflicting event permits, so I wouldn't panic jason!

gpercivl
6th November 2006, 22:13
Just got back from AMCC committee meeting and I can confirm that what Frosty saids is correct. We have only one date available to us for motorcycle racing before year end, and that is November26th. According to MNZ website this evening, no other permits have been issued for the 26th.

This will be round 1 of the AMCC club champs and should be well attended.

Cheers, Greg

kickingzebra
7th November 2006, 09:43
Though their website doesn't exactly seem to be in a constant state of update...
dang, what foresight shown by all. I am in the same boat as Jason then.
Don't want to throw away the PMCC points I already have. Shall see what happens.

Shaun
7th November 2006, 10:52
Throw tham away, Pukekohe is where the nationals are at, and Taupo has nothing!

Cleve
7th November 2006, 11:36
This is 50/50 for me.
Have points in PMCC after the first round and would quite like to do a full series somewhere. Also I like Taupo MUCH more than Puke...
However with the U2 concert on the night before, making it to Puke from home in Auckland is much easier than the 4am wake up (after the concert :shit: ) to get there in time...

Guess I will do Puke instead.
Jill/Paul??

Quasievil
7th November 2006, 12:35
All you F3 Racers, especially those on the thieving 650's should all fuck off to taupo and give us real F3 racers on 400's a day with a chance :yes:

Keystone19
7th November 2006, 13:09
All you F3 Racers, especially those on the thieving 650's should all fuck off to taupo and give us real F3 racers on 400's a day with a chance :yes:

Right, that's done it, I'm coming to Pukekohe...:motu:

Cleve
7th November 2006, 13:18
Funny... I thought 650 twins were real racers as well...

Shaun
7th November 2006, 13:20

POOF- Harden up and ride it faster- Hang on, just buy one from me, but then you will have no exscuses

Quasievil
7th November 2006, 13:52
Cool the Bait Mate does work !!!!

just bites though (reaches into get some berly)

I would buy a SV650 but its a bit of a girls bike, me thinkgs a ZXR600 might be the go

:dodge:

cowpoos
7th November 2006, 14:51

I would buy a SV650 but its a bit of a girls bike, me thinkgs a ZXR600 might be the go

ern650 ?

.................................................. .................................................. ..

Hoon
7th November 2006, 15:35
Bugger, does anyone know if AMCC do day licenses? I just realized I haven't renewed my club and race license for this year!

Shaun
7th November 2006, 16:23

Me thinks you would look write at home on a Girls bike with your turn of speed Bahahahahahahahahahahaha

motobob
7th November 2006, 16:25
Bugger, does anyone know if AMCC do day licenses? I just realized I haven't renewed my club and race license for this year!

Fat chance. Off to Taupo for you. Maybe all the SV's should go to Puke instead.

Two Smoker
7th November 2006, 20:36
Will probably go to Pukekohe... Its closer and as shaun says there is a nationals round there not at taupo...

Torque
8th November 2006, 06:54
Quasi , you could be riding a tricked up GSXR 1000 and you would still go just as slow!! You know you want a girls bike, the only trouble is you would ride it like a girl.

GSVR
8th November 2006, 09:10
Does anyone know if the day before is a testday. Would like to have a ride on Puke as I've never been around it. If I had a 400 or 250 I'd be doing Taupo as the new short track is well suited to them and horsepower seems to be the main requirement to win F3 at Puke (right Frosty?)

If Anyones running a book I'll have a dollar on Torque. And a place bet on Keystone19.

Quasievil
8th November 2006, 11:20
Quasi , you could be riding a tricked up GSXR 1000 and you would still go just as slow!! You know you want a girls bike, the only trouble is you would ride it like a girl.

you guys have an alter motive, you want me to buy a new race bike. Me am actually just dont know what, typical story no money all the skills , you know how it goes

GSVR
8th November 2006, 13:14
you guys have an alter motive, you want me to buy a new race bike. Me am actually just dont know what, typical story no money all the skills , you know how it goes

I trink a 600 is the way to go for you. You would be racing against other 600's not the mess of bikes ranging from 125gp bikes to 900ss Ducatis in F3. And there will be plenty of riders at similar skill levels to your own and plenty of close racing and room for you to get faster and mix it with some really fast and talented riders. Only downside is they are a bit more expensive to run and the newer riders seem to always end up crashing or getting taken out by some other rider.

Or you could wait until 2008 when F3 will most certainly be limited modification production machines. But will the club racing follow MNZ on this one.

gpercivl
8th November 2006, 15:12
Does anyone know if the day before is a testday. Would like to have a ride on Puke as I've never been around it. If I had a 400 or 250 I'd be doing Taupo as the new short track is well suited to them and horsepower seems to be the main requirement to win F3 at Puke (right Frosty?)

If Anyones running a book I'll have a dollar on Torque. And a place bet on Keystone19.

The day before is a car race day, we'll be in doing milk bottle bales in the morning but there won't be any bikes on the track. November 18th Saturday before is a test day for cars & bikes, I hope to be there running in Logan's 450.

loosebruce
8th November 2006, 16:06
Might as well get a race in at puke before nationals, easier to get too than taupo, i shall be there, might enter supersport too and take the 600 out :innocent:

Being as lazy as i am, someone post a link to the entry form will ya's.

Shaun
8th November 2006, 16:17
Don't do it man, you already owe the world the world

Torque
8th November 2006, 16:58
I think you should have a blat around pukekohe Garry, like shaun says the Nationals are at puke. It's a bit of a drag strip but i found my sv way better suited than my 400. Also i will have one less bike to pass at Taupo!!! I should be at puke but am really enjoying the taupo track and sounds like the closer the 26th comes along the less bikes at Taupo.

texmo
8th November 2006, 17:49
Are there entrys on the day?

Shaun
8th November 2006, 18:48
Get the feeling for the corner onto and of the front sraight correct, and more will be learnt there than on slow turns, ( ie Manfeild) you can learn so much more in fast turns because you have the luxury of speed/gravity taking you places so you end with more "time"/track to deal with shit, it really feels that way.

Do a small skid out of a slow corner and go do a big one in a fast corner:scooter:

Quasievil
8th November 2006, 20:02
Whats a good class for a 400 ?????

Titanium
8th November 2006, 20:07

QM has issues .......... I am sensing ..... :yes:

Keystone19
9th November 2006, 08:12
Are there entrys on the day?

Pre-entries close 23rd November.

Yes, there are entries on the day.

Entry form attached.

loosebruce
9th November 2006, 08:35
Don't do it man, you already owe the world the world

Dont do what? Race or race the 600? Or both?

Entry form attached.

Good Girl Jill, you're useful for something after all :dodge: not just a pretty face :done:

Shaun
9th November 2006, 13:30
Dont do what? Race or race the 600? Or both?

Good Girl Jill, you're useful for something after all :dodge: not just a pretty face :done:

Don't race your girls 600, Shit happens mate

Shaun
9th November 2006, 13:33
Whats a good class for a 400 ?????

It is called SV 650 mate, I just happen to have one with GSXR front end, Cams, Ohlins shock, race muffler and fairings.

This bike comes with a spare Motor and injection and all electrics.

No Road gear at all!

cowpoos
9th November 2006, 13:40
It is called SV 650 mate, I just happen to have one with GSXR front end, Cams, Ohlins shock, race muffler and fairings.

No Road gear at all!
swap ya a doz tui and 2 used sheep for it..... fair deal I reckon

sugilite
9th November 2006, 14:04
and Taupo has nothing!
And that in itself is a bloody crime! :crybaby:

texmo
9th November 2006, 15:21
What times were people doing at the last national round at puke?

loosebruce
9th November 2006, 15:58
What times were people doing at the last national round at puke?

High 58's, low 59's for 600's
Low 57's for 1000's

Dont worry Shaun i know what cha on about, i havent lost me marbles yet, they're rolling around somewhere up there.

twinshock750
9th November 2006, 16:35
"What times were people doing at the last national round at puke?"

Is that what way does the circuit go and what's the lap record.....

kickingzebra
9th November 2006, 18:18
Rung up brian morgan from Pacific, they had no idea what was happening, so maybe, just maybe, seeing as their permit hasn't come through (although has apparently been applied for in one go with the other 3 dates months ago...) they might reschedule, my speculation, no intimation of that from him... Hope so though!

Cleve
9th November 2006, 19:38
Rung up brian morgan from Pacific, they had no idea what was happening, so maybe, just maybe, seeing as their permit hasn't come through (although has apparently been applied for in one go with the other 3 dates months ago...) they might reschedule, my speculation, no intimation of that from him... Hope so though!

Oh can I request 10th December. I am available that weekend...

And damn right Anthony. Taupo SHOULD have a round of the Nationals. Hopefully next year.

Quasievil
9th November 2006, 21:21

No Road gear at all!

How Much ?? $3000 down a grand every month or so do it for you ???

Shaun
10th November 2006, 07:09
How Much ?? $3000 down a grand every month or so do it for you ???

$5K down and a grand a month is fine for such an upstanding man like you

loosebruce
10th November 2006, 07:10
Oh can I request 10th December.

If i remember rightly, Suzuki have that date booked for the full cricut for the GSXR track day!

It's a shame that the two rounds clash at this stage, hopefully something is sorted out in due time!

Cleve
10th November 2006, 08:26
If i remember rightly, Suzuki have that date booked for the full cricut for the GSXR track day!

It's a shame that the two rounds clash at this stage, hopefully something is sorted out in due time!

Ahh a Suzuki track day... didn't know about that as I don't have a Gixxer...

Anyway, hopefully a day can be found later this year (or early next year) before the proposed 3rd round 28th January.

cowpoos
10th November 2006, 08:47
And damn right Anthony. Taupo SHOULD have a round of the Nationals. Hopefully next year.

interesting that MNZ have a track booking at taupo for full circut in may or april from memory

Two Smoker
10th November 2006, 18:56

Vic Club was asked to host a nationals round at taupo. They believed that there was too little time to organise a round for the nationals. Hence there wont be a round there till late 2007/early2008

Im pimping up the bike so hopefully it will be ready for Pukekohe...

loosebruce
13th November 2006, 10:08
Im pimping up the bike so hopefully it will be ready for Pukekohe...

Got to look good when you fall off eh, you cross entering F1 too mate?
You'd imagine some pretty fast lads are going to show up as this might be the only race at puke before the nats round! Should be good.

gpercivl
13th November 2006, 15:19
The entry form in pdf format is now up on the AMCC web site...

http://www.amcc.org.nz

See y'all there :yes:

loosebruce
13th November 2006, 15:51
The entry form in pdf format is now up on the AMCC web site...

http://www.amcc.org.nz

See y'all there :yes:

Any dates on future rounds? Apart from the nats.

gpercivl
14th November 2006, 09:01

I think we do have dates already...I'll find out

Two Smoker
14th November 2006, 20:03
Got to look good when you fall off eh, you cross entering F1 too mate?
You'd imagine some pretty fast lads are going to show up as this might be the only race at puke before the nats round! Should be good.

All depends on when i get my motor back and if its run in on time... But ofcourse if im racing i will cross enter... Someone has to keep the 1000's honest.... mmmm, tui isnt a bad beer aye???

gpercivl
18th November 2006, 12:19

Saturday March 27th 2007 will be round 2 then another in April waiting confirmation.

dickytoo
18th November 2006, 14:41

Last year (I think), they wouldn't even let Derek McAdam ride without his license. They wouldn't give him a day license either. Poor bugger drove all the way up from Wellington too!

gpercivl
20th November 2006, 12:49
Yep, says on the entry form 'no day licences'

Cleve
20th November 2006, 18:36
Saturday March 27th 2007 will be round 2 then another in April waiting confirmation.

ummm that is actually a Tuesday Greg.. got another date?

gpercivl
22nd November 2006, 14:49
ummm that is actually a Tuesday Greg.. got another date?

uurrrrhhhh..yep, just rechecked my email, should have been Saturday 24th of March :mellow:

Cleve
22nd November 2006, 17:18
uurrrrhhhh..yep, just rechecked my email, should have been Saturday 24th of March :mellow:

uuurrrrhhhh OK.... that sounds a bit more likely.
See ya Sunday and then that one too

FROSTY
22nd November 2006, 19:22
one week before the manfield nationals

Cleve
23rd November 2006, 13:32
one week before the manfield nationals

?? Don't you mean 2 weeks after the Puke Nationals? Aren't Manfield Nationals 25th Feb?

FROSTY
23rd November 2006, 22:40
oops--yep--My mistake

erik
26th November 2006, 20:05
Here's some photos from the day:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/556022310MqxWyX