PDA

View Full Version : I killed my bike today

WarlockNZ
4th November 2006, 18:22
That's right .. i killed it, was an easy fix tho.

I'm in town, just going for a ride, i pull up at the lights, look in the mirrors and notice the two cops behind me, light goes green, i pull in the clutch and hear this almighty SNAP!.

FUCK!!! ..

I've just snapped my clutch cable, god damn it .. and the cops didn't even stop to help .. lol.

So i ride up to Mt Eden motorcycles, don't ask me how with no clutch .. it was not easy i can tell you ... but what i can tell you is that my bike can wheelie when you slam it into first gear ... lol .. I grab a replacement cable and fit it and i'm back on the road :)

but wait, theres more .. i get home, lift the bike up on the stand to lube the chain and notice that the clip on my master link is gone ... WHAT THE FUCK ... arrggghhh!.

So i'll have to go and try and get that sorted tomorrow .. it's just not my weekend.

Drum
4th November 2006, 18:31
Sounds like pretty bad form for a 2006 bike!

WarlockNZ
4th November 2006, 18:32
Sounds like pretty bad form for a 2006 bike!

Fuckin tell me about it ...

Does anyone know of a bike shop open on sunday ??

sunhuntin
4th November 2006, 18:35
hope you get the repairs under warrenty... thats shittier than the 05 gn quality [well, not quite, but you get what i mean, lol]

WarlockNZ
4th November 2006, 18:37
hope you get the repairs under warrenty... thats shittier than the 05 gn quality [well, not quite, but you get what i mean, lol]

Something tells me that clutch cables and master link clips are not warrenty items .. i'll give it a go tho, but i wont hold my breath.

crashe
4th November 2006, 18:38
None are open on sunday......

oops hang on... I think the one on the shore is open...

The clutch cable shouldnt snap like that being a brand new bike.

It should be covered by the warrenty... take in the receipt to show that you have had to replace it as with the master link as well..

I once discovered that I was missing the master link on my chain... cost about $9 as you had to get the hole flaming thing.

Drum
4th November 2006, 18:38
Any half decent bike shop should make it right, regardless of warrantee conditions.

WarlockNZ
4th November 2006, 18:39
None are open on sunday......

oops hang on... I think the one on the shore is open...

The clutch cable shouldnt snap like that being a brand new bike.

I once discovered that I was missing the master link on my chain... cost about $9 as you had to get the hole flaming thing.

Which one ... for the love of god ... tell me ... LOL

WarlockNZ
4th November 2006, 18:40
Any half decent bike shop should make it right, regardless of warrantee conditions.

It was a choice of riding to the nearest shop or the north shore (dealer)... guess which one i chose .. cables snap .. it's not a big deal, only cost $50 and i did the work myself. i'll be sure to keep it well lubed in future.

crashe
4th November 2006, 18:41
Which one ... for the love of god ... tell me ... LOL

There are only two bikes shops on Barrys Point Road..

I think it is Cyclespot...........

WarlockNZ
4th November 2006, 18:43
There are only two bikes shops on Barrys Point Road..

I think it is Cyclespot...........

there's about 4 actually ... but thanks for the heads up ... i'll check out their hours :)

crashe
4th November 2006, 18:44
They have a website....... so they should have their hours up on that..

WINJA
4th November 2006, 18:45
That's right .. i killed it, was an easy fix tho.

I'm in town, just going for a ride, i pull up at the lights, look in the mirrors and notice the two cops behind me, light goes green, i pull in the clutch and hear this almighty SNAP!.

FUCK!!! ..

I've just snapped my clutch cable, god damn it .. and the cops didn't even stop to help .. lol.

So i ride up to Mt Eden motorcycles, don't ask me how with no clutch .. it was not easy i can tell you ... but what i can tell you is that my bike can wheelie when you slam it into first gear ... lol .. I grab a replacement cable and fit it and i'm back on the road :)

but wait, theres more .. i get home, lift the bike up on the stand to lube the chain and notice that the clip on my master link is gone ... WHAT THE FUCK ... arrggghhh!.

So i'll have to go and try and get that sorted tomorrow .. it's just not my weekend.

IF ITS AN OE CHAIN THE LIK SHOULD BE PEENED NOT HAVE A CLIP, SOME ADVICE WHEN YOU GET YOUR NEW LINK , PUT IT ON CLEAN IT WITH METHS AND PUT A DAB OF SILICONE TO GLUE IT IN PLACE , YOU CAN ALSO USE LOCKWIRE,DONT FORGET THE LINK WORKS BETTER WITH THE CLIP OPEN END TAILING DIRECTION OF TRAVEL

WarlockNZ
4th November 2006, 18:47
IF ITS AN OE CHAIN THE LIK SHOULD BE PEENED NOT HAVE A CLIP, SOME ADVICE WHEN YOU GET YOUR NEW LINK , PUT IT ON CLEAN IT WITH METHS AND PUT A DAB OF SILICONE TO GLUE IT IN PLACE , YOU CAN ALSO USE LOCKWIRE,DONT FORGET THE LINK WORKS BETTER WITH THE CLIP OPEN END TAILING DIRECTION OF TRAVEL

Jesus Winja .. your not the asshole that people make you out to be .. thanks for the advice man :)

Looks like cycletreads is open 9 to 4 on sunday .. thank the gods of riding .. lol

crashe
4th November 2006, 18:51
Jesus Winja .. your not the asshole that people make you out to be .. thanks for the advice man :)

Looks like cycletreads is open 9 to 4 on sunday .. thank the gods of riding .. lol

Cycletreads = cyclespot.... ok I was close on the name... :whistle:

WarlockNZ
4th November 2006, 18:54
Cycletreads = cyclespot.... ok I was close on the name... :whistle:

LOL ... good on ya mate ... you got the bling anyway .. not that you need it :P

gijoe1313
4th November 2006, 19:10
Ahh - I was going to tell you that 'Treads is open on Sunday! I was there this arvo getting a new rear tyre (Thanks Peter from 'Treads!) ...

$375 for a Diablo Strada - the impromptu trip to Whangarei via Kumeu yesterday did the previous one in :doh:

Had a good chance to check out Honda across the road and try on all manners of gear at 'Treads! Just spent the last hour repairing my rear tyre hugger, big nasty split down the side of one (alright, it's only cosmetic but it's my rear tyre hugger! :whistle:

Hope ya get ya ride back on the road in time for the pyrotechnics tomorrow Warlock! :yes:

sunhuntin
4th November 2006, 19:13
do your best to get it under warrenty. i took out an extended one when i bought the gn [new out of the crate] only to find, when needed, it covered jack shit.
i went through a chain, 2 tail lights, a head light, a regulator. i took the bike back to the dealer for all problems cept the last.
im sure i got the regulator under warrenty, even though i didnt go through the dealer. when the regulator went, i said fuck it, sold the bike and bought a new.

WarlockNZ
4th November 2006, 19:13
Ahh - I was going to tell you that 'Treads is open on Sunday! I was there this arvo getting a new rear tyre (Thanks Peter from 'Treads!) ...

$375 for a Diablo Strada - the impromptu trip to Whangarei via Kumeu yesterday did the previous one in :doh:

Had a good chance to check out Honda across the road and try on all manners of gear at 'Treads! Just spent the last hour repairing my rear tyre hugger, big nasty split down the side of one (alright, it's only cosmetic but it's my rear tyre hugger! :whistle:

Hope ya get ya ride back on the road in time for the pyrotechnics tomorrow Warlock! :yes:

You and me both mate .. shouldn't be too much trouble to get the link clip replaced .. i'm still expecting to make the ride tomorrow, i'll let Mav know if i'm a no show.

WINJA
4th November 2006, 19:14
If You Go To Treads Ask Them To Do A Peened Link

WarlockNZ
4th November 2006, 19:15
If You Go To Treads Ask Them To Do A Peened Link
I'll do that, thanks again man :) ... you forgot your "all caps" by the way.

WINJA
4th November 2006, 19:39
I'll do that, thanks again man :) ... you forgot your "all caps" by the way.

I DIDNT FORGET THE CAPS , SPANK AUTO EDITS MY POSTS

JimO
4th November 2006, 20:07
winja 's not such a hardarse after all:sunny:

WarlockNZ
5th November 2006, 08:23
I DIDNT FORGET THE CAPS , SPANK AUTO EDITS MY POSTS

Thats just harsh

Maha
5th November 2006, 09:09
Thats just harsh

Would i have seen you on SH16 yesterday?
I was at the lookout and a Yellow Hyosung went past.
Saw it again around the Puhoi area on the way back.

WarlockNZ
5th November 2006, 11:35
FUCKIN!!! ..

Right thats the third thing thats gone wrong this weekend.

Rock into Treads, they have no idea what my chain is, they have never seen the brand before (not supprising, it's the stock chain) .. sooo .. i have to fork out $175 for a new chain!.

On the bright side, i've got a nice, shiny gold chain .. LOL.

Wasn't me you saw Maha Man, i was only on the northwestern yesterday.

toymachine
5th November 2006, 11:55
You've no luck at all Warlock!

Assuming it hasn't rubbed off on me, and thus my bikes done in time, i'll seeya on this 250 ride?

gijoe1313
5th November 2006, 15:04
You a boi biker now! Got your bling bling on! Sorry to hear about the 175 reasons for getting to the pyrotechnics tonight (which, I cannot make :angry: working with the olds - such is life! :doh:) - man, I cannot believe you only had that bike for such a short time before you had to get a new chain already! :gob:

Ah well, stash the chain and use it as an accessory belt? :lol:

Meekey_Mouse
5th November 2006, 19:35
Wow... I am REALLY surprised... problems with a Hyosung and no "Hyobag" coments!! :shutup:

Hope you get it all sorted and back out on the road soon :yes:

Jas

On second thought.... yellow leathers would go really well with a gold chain :dodge: hehe

crashe
5th November 2006, 19:39
FUCKIN!!! ..

Right thats the third thing thats gone wrong this weekend.

Rock into Treads, they have no idea what my chain is, they have never seen the brand before (not supprising, it's the stock chain) .. sooo .. i have to fork out $175 for a new chain!.

On the bright side, i've got a nice, shiny gold chain .. LOL.

I hope you brought home the existing chain as it is still good, and go back to the shop that you got the bike from to get them to order in a master link and you can reuse it later when this new one is no good.

KLOWN
5th November 2006, 19:44
I have also found myself out and about when my clutch cable broke on the rg150 and the only way I could go with out stalling it was to ram it into to gear at about 7000rpm, I was surprised when it lifted the front wheel a bit. Went to the local bike shop and relayed my story and they said you just push it first to get the bike rolling then put it into gear then you don;t need the hight revs and the extra stress it puts on your bike. I felt so stupid, I shoulda thought of that one:doh:

Ixion
5th November 2006, 20:06

Eh? Far as I know chains are a standard item. Come in specific sizes. Like tyres. A master link (of any brand) should fit any brand chain of the same size. Admittedly haven't had to search through my box of spare links in quite a while, and maybe some stupid prat has decided to ignore the standards.

WarlockNZ
5th November 2006, 20:24
Eh? Far as I know chains are a standard item. Come in specific sizes. Like tyres. A master link (of any brand) should fit any brand chain of the same size. Admittedly haven't had to search through my box of spare links in quite a while, and maybe some stupid prat has decided to ignore the standards.

Thats what i thought .. looks like the koreans wanted to be a little different. i've still got the old chain, i'll grab a link from my dealer and i'll have a spare :)

Wenier
5th November 2006, 20:56
Yea bit of bad luck mate, definitely go with what WINJA said and get a peened link. My old 250 use to eat those clip links bike shop said it should have a peened one not clip. And hey it fixes the problem easy.

Also for Sunhuntin, even if you take an extended warranty it wont cover anymore than the normal warranty. And normal warranties dont cover wearable items such as chains and lights if its bulbs or depending how the light had broken. The regulator should be covered as it shouldnt break simply.

Brett
5th November 2006, 21:10
Right, lets see Swanny start saying that ZXR's and CBR's are piece of shit bikes now!!! Never had this problem when they were new, or even now 15 years on...and Hysosung copped one in the first year of existence.

Sorry to hear about your run with the bike mate, hope she is all good for you now. I would take that back to the dealership where you bought that bike from...pretty piss poor quality.

ENTER SWANNY STAGE LEFT...

WarlockNZ
5th November 2006, 21:24
Right, lets see Swanny start saying that ZXR's and CBR's are piece of shit bikes now!!! Never had this problem when they were new, or even now 15 years on...and Hysosung copped one in the first year of existence.

Sorry to hear about your run with the bike mate, hope she is all good for you now. I would take that back to the dealership where you bought that bike from...pretty piss poor quality.

ENTER SWANNY STAGE LEFT...

The clutch cable was my own fault, when i was down in wellington a mate reckoned it was really stiff and that i should give it a lube and i didn't, :slap:

McJim
9th November 2006, 10:09
a mate reckoned it was really stiff and that i should give it a lube and i didn't, :slap:
Yeah, but what did he have to say about the clutch cable?