PDA

View Full Version : ZXR 250C Rear Brakes Gone

L.L. Cool M
5th November 2006, 13:36
Hello, I have a ZXR manual on my PC at work but not at home. My dial-up is too slow to make it worth my while downloading another manual before tomorrow. I tried searching, and I also looked through all nine pages of threads in this section. There, now that I have got that shit out of the way, here is my problem (note, technical terms are going to be completely left out):

I took one end of the rear brake hose off at the end closest to the front of the bike, to pull some parts of my bike out for fixing (I basically just undid and removed the bolt). Those parts have been sorted out and I reattached the brake hose bolt again (the one with the hole that allows the fluid through the hose). However now I have no rear brakes anymore. What's going on?

From what I've read, could this be a problem with air in the fluid? If I am not way off, would I have to bleed the whole lot out and replace the fluid as well?

This has nothing to do with underpants, so don't blame the underpants gnomes. My missing underpants will be discussed in another thread.

sefer
5th November 2006, 13:58
Bleed you brakes=problem gone :)

You can't take the hose off and not rebleed your brakes.

L.L. Cool M
5th November 2006, 14:13
Bleed you brakes=problem gone :)

You can't take the hose off and not rebleed your brakes.

Dammit, but okay thanks. Am moving house shortly so don't have time to ass with this. Will probably get a bike shop to do it as I don't suspect it will cost that much.

hellnback
5th November 2006, 16:14
Mate, don't take it to the shop!! It's very very easy to do! (I have to do it every 3 days while I wait for some parts from Japan:angry:)
Make sure your reservoir is full of fluid and stick a bit of hose over the bleed nipple. If you've got absolutely nothing on the pedal then undo the bleed valve and keep pumping the pedal until the fluid starts coming up the hose, close off the value and pump the pedal until it's firm and while holding it down unscrew the value and you'll see a few air bubbles and shit come up through the tube, tighten before releasing pressure off the pedal. Keep doing it until there are no more air bubbles and have a nice firm pedal. Problem solved.
You can buy a fancy 'Bleed-o-matic' from Repco (bascially a clear tube with a bottle attached). Piece of Piss. :Punk: