PDA

View Full Version : CBR600RR 2005 Needs Needs New Tyres

quikk
5th November 2006, 17:42
Righto
I know its been done more than once on here, but i would really like some feedback on tyres.
I currently have Supercorsas on my CBR and have been pretty happy with their performance (not sure if they would say the same about mine but there you go...)
If anyone has tried them before on a similar bike and has found something they think is better can you let me know?
I only use my bike for weekend rides, so wearing the middle out of them is not really an issue and price isn't really either ( would rather pay extra and keep my leathers shiny)
Also - is there a lifespan on performance tyres? - e.g does the rubber start to perish or go hard after a year or two?

SimJen
5th November 2006, 19:16
Yes there is a lifespan for tyres.
The whole tyre comparo has been done a million times on here so use the search function.
Or just go for super sticky race/road rubber and be done with it.
Tyres are all about personal feel anyway, so try as many as you can.

MWVT
29th November 2006, 13:20
Read this thread, especially shauns comments, make sense to me.http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=37602

MWVT
29th November 2006, 13:21
That was in response to the life span question, me no be specific, sorry

vtec
1st December 2006, 19:10
I've got two sets of used Supercorsa Supersport Race tyres for sale. $200 for the set. Both have tonnes of meat in the middle, and are just past their use by date for racing purposes, perfectly good for street use. In fact as soon as I get a road going 600 I will be using all my ex race tyres on my road bike.

simonnn
3rd December 2006, 23:37
Super Corsa ok in the dry no good in the wet when leaned well over.
Best option Michelin Pilot Powers.
Good price work well wet or dry and last well.
Best deals at Cycletreads.

vtec
4th December 2006, 18:58
I beg to differ. They are good in the wet if you can warm them up, which I managed to do recently at Taupo, and was doing quite well in F1 and F2 on dry tyres in the rain. But I suppose on the road, you're not going to warm them up by doddling around when it's raining. I'm still going to put used supercorsas on my road 600 when I get it.