PDA

View Full Version : A request - I'd like to use your bike reviews

Bob
9th July 2004, 02:19
I've cleared this with Wari, btw, in case anyone thinks I am being 'a bit cheeky' (deliberate understatement!)

As some of you may know, I am putting together a Biking Website (http://www.motobke.co.uk) . Now features I can write until they come out of my ears. Product tests? Well I've got a few in the pipeline (though more are always appreciated).

What it DESPERATELY needs is more bike tests.

So, with the permission of the person that wrote them, I'd like to be able to use your words (which I'd have to rework a little to meet the max. no of words and format, but I'd keep them as original as possible). I would also need a couple of photos to accompany the words. Need to keep them small (in order to make sure I've got loads of webspace to hold as many articles as possible) - so 200 pixels widest side of photo please.

Once they're up on the site (and it will take time - I've been doing fortnightly updates, but if I've got loads of tests to add, I might increase this to weekly for a time), what I'll do is put your name (or pseudonym if you prefer), plus a link to here (ie Kiwibiker) - that way, both sites benefit from exposure.

If you want to see the final words before I launch them - fine by me! Just let me know when you give me the OK/let me have pix.

Thanks for reading this - hopefully both sites can get something out of this.

Bob

Kwaka-Kid
9th July 2004, 05:21
sounds wicked!

Cajun
9th July 2004, 07:48
Bob you can take use mine on the gsxr600k4 i can write more, and got tons of pictures dc:< and yes none of them will have my ugly mug in them

FROSTY
9th July 2004, 08:05
bob youre welcolm to mine--but then ya ride a sv yaself lol

Coldkiwi
9th July 2004, 11:16
for sure mate (did a review on the gsxr600k3)
as for pics, trawl through the gallery and do a search for the relevant model and you're welcome to use any of mine (ohhh ahhhh I'll be famous!)

:)

Jackrat
9th July 2004, 13:56
A biking web site,that sounds good.
You can use my poor effort if you like.
Suzuki Volusia 800.

Motoracer
9th July 2004, 14:14
Yep, no worries. You can use my review of the '04 R6 if ya want. :)

I'll have to nicely ask F/F for another ride to get some exciting wheelie, stoppie, knee down pics to go with the review :whistle:

jimbo600
9th July 2004, 15:00
I've cleared this with Wari, btw, in case anyone thinks I am being 'a bit cheeky' (deliberate understatement!)

As some of you may know, I am putting together a Biking Website (http://www.motobke.co.uk) . Now features I can write until they come out of my ears. Product tests? Well I've got a few in the pipeline (though more are always appreciated).

What it DESPERATELY needs is more bike tests.

So, with the permission of the person that wrote them, I'd like to be able to use your words (which I'd have to rework a little to meet the max. no of words and format, but I'd keep them as original as possible). I would also need a couple of photos to accompany the words. Need to keep them small (in order to make sure I've got loads of webspace to hold as many articles as possible) - so 200 pixels widest side of photo please.

Once they're up on the site (and it will take time - I've been doing fortnightly updates, but if I've got loads of tests to add, I might increase this to weekly for a time), what I'll do is put your name (or pseudonym if you prefer), plus a link to here (ie Kiwibiker) - that way, both sites benefit from exposure.

If you want to see the final words before I launch them - fine by me! Just let me know when you give me the OK/let me have pix.

Thanks for reading this - hopefully both sites can get something out of this.

Bob

Knock yourself out mate. There's some pics of my gixxer750 in the gallery too.

I took some photo's of a gixxer600K4 for BRM magazine you can use too if you like.

Blackbird
9th July 2004, 17:18
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=2623&highlight=blackbird

This is a picture of it down by the snow-capped volcanoes in the central north island if it's of any interest.

Geoff

Paul in NZ
9th July 2004, 17:27
I've got a "Strangely Thruster" MkVIII (Earls Court model) that I would be proud to write a review of!

It's the limited edition too with extra thrunger grommets....

Nice!

moko
16th July 2004, 06:33
I've got a "Strangely Thruster" MkVIII (Earls Court model) that I would be proud to write a review of!

It's the limited edition too with extra thrunger grommets....

Nice!

Hey Bob,we know just the web-site for Paul dont we?

Bob
23rd July 2004, 05:32
Hi All,

Just to let you know the first KB review to be given the Motobke.co.uk 'treatment' is now up on the 'Net.

It is Wari's CBR750 one.

If you fancy a look, just click here (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/cbr750.htm)

Now I just need to start working on some of the others where you have been kind enough to let me use them.

More news to follow...

Bob

Posh Tourer :P
23rd July 2004, 09:37
I'm trying to put together a review of the R65 and CB125T. I just havent had the time to really get into them yet... too many kiwibiker posts to read y'know

Eddieb
23rd July 2004, 10:07
This is a picture of it down by the snow-capped volcanoes in the central north island if it's of any interest.

Geoff

Thats a great picture.

White trash
23rd July 2004, 14:05
Hi All,

Just to let you know the first KB review to be given the Motobke.co.uk 'treatment' is now up on the 'Net.

It is Wari's CBR750 one.

If you fancy a look, just click here (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/cbr750.htm)

Now I just need to start working on some of the others where you have been kind enough to let me use them.

More news to follow...

Bob

More than welcome to use my GSXR600K4 one if you wish. Jimbo750 took the pics so knock yourself out.

Kwaka-Kid
23rd July 2004, 23:31
Hopefully will compile an NC30/35 one and biff it in here if you wanna use that - although there are prolly soo many already out there, you guys have loads of NC30's over there by the sounds.

Bob
18th August 2004, 07:43
Hi guys,

The latest one to be given the 'Motobke' treatment is now online.

Link is here - it is Cajun's Gixer 600 (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/gsxrcajun.htm) - this doesn't mean I won't use any other GSXR reviews offered - as far as I am concerned, more than one point of view means that readers get a better idea of how good (or bad) a bike is!

I promise the others will make their way on there in time - I'm just trying not to use them all at once and then run out of bikes to review!

As ever, all permission to let me use your reviews is really appreciated - and if anyone else wants to write something, please contact me direct and I'll let you know the kind of stuff I need.

Thanks again,

Bob

Cajun
18th August 2004, 07:58
Hi guys,

The latest one to be given the 'Motobke' treatment is now online.

Link is here - it is Cajun's Gixer 600 (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/gsxrcajun.htm) - this doesn't mean I won't use any other GSXR reviews offered - as far as I am concerned, more than one point of view means that readers get a better idea of how good (or bad) a bike is!

I promise the others will make their way on there in time - I'm just trying not to use them all at once and then run out of bikes to review!

As ever, all permission to let me use your reviews is really appreciated - and if anyone else wants to write something, please contact me direct and I'll let you know the kind of stuff I need.

Thanks again,

Bob

Woo Hoo i'm a writer, who would have guessed that not my english teacher

marty
18th August 2004, 20:47
sob sob :(

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=3251

Bob
29th August 2004, 01:10
Sorry for the cross-thread, but wanted to make sure as many people see this as possible.

The next bike review to get the Motobke.co.uk 'treatment' is going to be Motoracer's fantastic write-up of the 2004 Yamaha R6. I'm schedulling it to appear on the site on or about the 24th September.

Just one problem - I need at least one photo to accompany the article.

Any photos MUST NOT be 'borrowed' from other websites or Suzuki promotional material. They MUST be photos taken by you (or a mate) and not be subject to any kind of copyright. If they are and I use them, then I'm braking the law... and that could see my site get closed down (and once the trail starts, who knows where it will end).

So... if anyone does have a photo of a 2004 R6 they would be happy for me to use (and I'll be more than happy to give them a photographers credit on the article), then drop me a line and I'll let them know what I need.

Alternatively, if you could put it in here, then I can do a spot of cutting and pasting and get on with putting the review into "Webspeak".

Thanks for your help,

Bob

PS. Marty - I think your RS250 will be the next bike after that - with the publishing schedule I'm setting up (oh dear, I almost sound professional!), that'll be appearing towards the end of October/very early November.

Bob
25th September 2004, 22:10
Hi All,

Just to let you know Motoracers' excellent R6 review is now up on Motobke.

Click here to see the review (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/2004r6.htm)

In October sometime, I'll be putting up the RS250 review and November should see the GS500 appearing online.

As ever, I'll let you know.

Anyone else that has given me the go-ahead to give their work the 'web-treatment', I'll be getting round to yours soonish (honest!) - I'm trying to limit things to one bike a month to stop running out of subject matter too soon!

Thanks as always,

Bob

marty
26th September 2004, 14:00
i'll tidy the post up a bit in the next few days if you want......

Bob
26th September 2004, 23:20
i'll tidy the post up a bit in the next few days if you want......

Thanks for offering. Don't worry though, jobs already done (I feel I should do any tidying up - after all, you've done all the intial hard work!)

As I say, the review will probably go up towards the end of next month.

Bob
24th October 2004, 01:39
Just thought I'd let you know Pwalo's GS500E review is the latest one to be given the "Motobke.co.uk treatment".

If you want to see how it looks, just click here (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/1997gs500e.htm)

Next up is to be Marty's RS250 - Marty, if you are reading this, can you tell me the year of your one? This seems to be important to quite a lot of people!

Thanks as ever guys - and I WILL be getting round to sorting out more of the ones you've said I can use (and if anyone else is reading this and would be happy for me to put their reviews on the web - please let me know and I'll let you know about photos etc).

More news as it breaks,

Bob

bear
11th November 2004, 08:15
97GSF600S is all yours, if it's useful.

Cheers

Bob
5th December 2004, 00:12
Hi All,

Just to let you know Marty's Aprilia RS250 review is now up on Motobke.co.uk

Direct link to the review is HERE. (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/2001rs250.htm)

I WILL be looking back and catching up with other reviews you've okayed me to use (and as ever, thank you!) - but for once I'm actually ahead of the game with my publishing schedule! So they'll take some time to turn up (you'll know when, as I'll start pestering for photos etc!)... but they will get on there eventually!

Anyway, hope you enjoy seeing Marty's review, when given the "Website Treatment",

Bob

Sensei
30th January 2005, 17:07
Hey Bob My 03 GSXR 1000 review is at your becken call plus pic's if needed
SENSEI :apint:

Kwaka-Kid
2nd May 2005, 22:46
hey bob... finally getting around to having a little time possibly of writing something... do you need a reveiw on the VFR400 NC30, or NC24 or NC35 for that matter? comparisons seat of the pants even etc, and race at least for the NC30 and 35engine.

let us know dude, and can start throwing something together, have pictures of my bike with non-stock paintwork etc if it can be used.

bugjuice
2nd May 2005, 22:59
anyone done a 636 write up yet?
I know of at least 3 of us riding the same model, then a few more riding the '05s. Could arrange 3 of us 03/4 636 riders to write a small something, then the 05 riders to have theirs.. Plus photos of the bikes together.. or an 03/4 vs 05 review, but a lot of that stuff has been covered by magazines, altho saying that, most mags test ride a bike for a week, not the months and months of regular rides most of us do, altho I know a couple of bikes mags do.. still this is us, not them.. :bleh:

justsomeguy
3rd May 2005, 00:12
anyone done a 636 write up yet?
I know of at least 3 of us riding the same model, then a few more riding the '05s. Could arrange 3 of us 03/4 636 riders to write a small something, then the 05 riders to have theirs.. Plus photos of the bikes together.. or an 03/4 vs 05 review, but a lot of that stuff has been covered by magazines, altho saying that, most mags test ride a bike for a week, not the months and months of regular rides most of us do, altho I know a couple of bikes mags do.. still this is us, not them.. :bleh:

Zapf did............. (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=10495)

bugjuice
3rd May 2005, 09:29
Zapf did............. (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=10495)
ahh.. and I even posted in it.. well that's for the 05s then...

Bob
5th May 2005, 01:24
hey bob... finally getting around to having a little time possibly of writing something... do you need a reveiw on the VFR400 NC30, or NC24 or NC35 for that matter? comparisons seat of the pants even etc, and race at least for the NC30 and 35engine.

let us know dude, and can start throwing something together, have pictures of my bike with non-stock paintwork etc if it can be used.

Yes please to all of them! What I want to do is get as many and as varied a bunch of bike (and product) reviews on there as possible!

This is going to sound "All hippy and friend of mankind", but what I am aiming to do is build a place where bikers can go and look before buying a bike, or a piece of kit and see what people who have really owned, ridden and used the item have to say about it.

That way, it helps them to make an informed decision, rather than just reading the launch report from a race-prepped machine going round Albacete or something...

(I've been to one bike launch in my life - the sadly failed TT600 - free bacon rolls, criossants, champage, tea and coffee etc. Very nice it was. Shame about the bike!)

So the more the merrier!

Thanks,

Bob

Bob
19th June 2005, 21:01
Biff kindly supplied me a brand new review of his 2005 Blackbird.

Words of wisdom can be found HERE. (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/2005blackbird.htm)

Enjoy! And huge thanks to Biff for taking the time.

Kwaka-Kid
20th June 2005, 19:19
NC30 one going up? :D :P

sAsLEX
20th June 2005, 20:14
you really do need to keep a close on that (digital) speed

is there a word missing in biffs write up?

Bob
23rd June 2005, 00:15
Thanks for pointing out the missing word... next time I get in front of the HTML editor, I'll tidy it up!

As regards the NC30 review... I really do need to sit down, plough through here again and see whose reviews I have and have not used.

Of course, if you'd like to give an overworked site editor a hand... if you (and anyone that would like/be happy for me to run a review of their bike on the Motobke.co.uk site) would like to send the text, plus a couple of photos (yours, not promotional ones 'borrowed' from the manufacturer... they tend to get very upset at people using their photos without permission) to info@bobpickett.co.uk it will speed up the process of getting the article online hugely!

Avignon
9th September 2005, 23:05
Hi Bob, you can use my 900Hornet review if it suits.

Bob
11th October 2005, 10:19
Hi Bob, you can use my 900Hornet review if it suits.

Thanks for that - it WILL be going up shortly! Exactly what I need. Good word count (ideal target for a bike review is between 750 to 1500 words), photos in place to accompany article (I don't "borrow" photos from other people - unless I get their express permission).

All I need to do is a little tweaking for the web! Perfect!

Btw, for everyone else that said I can put their reviews on the site - thank you yet again! I really, really will sit down, find them and get them sorted for the site... if only I get five minutes to myself. It is just Avignon's submission works perfectly... oh dear, that really does sound like I'm grovelling... :argh:

Bob
19th October 2005, 09:06
Avignon's 2005 Hornet review is now up on the site.

Click here to see the review in web format! (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/2005hornet900.htm)

marty
19th October 2005, 14:58
great write up, biff.

and Bob, i'll have a TL one out soon

grumpyoldkcman
20th October 2005, 14:51
hi,
I am 47 & my handle says the rest, my love of thoroughbreds leads me to owning an Aprillia R.S.V 1000 2004 .
In most ways the nicest bike I've ever riden,although after suffering from popeye syndrome & a couple of scares due to pins & needles in the frightfull first days of owning her , due mainly to living in Auckland (jafa traffic) ,who needs it????
No delugions here mush ,this is not a comuter , you suffer from 2 main problems ,
firstly ,1st or 2nd gear is all you can use & have a hope of holding onto your bike if the cops catch you, which is exaserbated by problem 2 ,throttle ,if you a competant micro surgeon your in , if you on the other hand have parkinsons setting in , forget it you'll be popping mono's everywhere & 1st gear is quite tall from a standing start.
The beast needs open road which it swallows like linda lovelace ,especially if like me your prone to climbing around a bit (as opposed to sitting in an armchair) . the braking is superb & handling at speed is ?? - o.k I'll put it this way speed is a non event 160 km/hr youve got an elbow on the tank looking around ( mainly for cops !!) exquisit !
On the down side , the side stand would be better suited to a fiat ,fucken terrible !!
& if you like to cary a pillion she'll have the full kermit on (the pillions footpegs are almost level to the riders knees) ,get a great view , & probably punch you in the kidneys if you grab a handfull as theres a lot of nothing for here to hang onto ,or as in the case of my partner been physically lifted off the seat by the slipstream (she's quite
thin) & if you've got a bike like this you HAVE TO use it occasionly .
The gearing is TALL, on the factory version there is available a gearbox veriation ,that although limits top end to 270kph .would be worth looking at.
All in all its a great bike,handling & shitloads of power, not the screaming "shit were off"
kind , more like "christ how did we get to be going this fast " it's a non event.
sorry about the photo's ive couldn't paste onto the page ,its silver they're all red or silver.

Bob
4th November 2005, 21:43
It is now up on the Motobke.co.uk site.

Click here for a direct link to the review (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/nc30.htm)

Huge thanks for the review - and if anyone else is happy for me to use their bike (and/or product) reviews, I'll be happy to give them the "web treatment".

Bob

Bob
6th December 2005, 02:31
Thought you might like to see this - evidence that Yamaha got it right on the finish stakes as well!

http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/2001fazer.htm

As ever, I promise when I get some spare time I'll look back through here, find all the reviews that people kindly said I could use... and use them!

And if anyone else has anything they'd be happy for me to use (I do have to say a Triumph review or two would add balance to), I'd be very grateful.

Bob

Bob
6th May 2006, 05:00
Hi all,

Just thought I'd let you know Jim's road test of the MT-01 is now uploaded.

For the full review and photos, take a look here (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/2006mt-01.htm)

As ever, I WILL get round to reading back and seeing who would be happy for me to use their reviews, honest! Just as soon as I get a little time...

And also, anyone that would like me to give a road test or long term review the "website treatment", let me know and we'll take things from there.

Thanks again,

Bob

Bob
20th July 2006, 09:39
Just thought you guys would like to see how MD's review looks given the "web" treatment.

Click here to see the full, Motobke.co.uk effect! (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/2006triumphdaytona675.htm)

Thanks again to MD for letting me use this - and as ever, if you'd like your review used, just let me know (and where to find it of course, along with photos please) and I will get round to it, honest!

Bob

Bob
16th August 2006, 20:17
Hi all,

Just to let you know that Beyond's superb review of the ZZR1400/ZX-14 has been given the Motobke.co.uk treatment.

Click here to see the review (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/2006zzr1400.htm)

As I always say about now, I will get into looking through and seeing what you guys have said I can use. This really does help the site become what I intended it to be - a (hopefully) valuable resource to help bikers get the most out of their biking.

Bob

Bob
18th October 2006, 07:15
Hi All,

Just a note to let you know Beyond's great review of his GSX1400 has now been given the Motobke.co.uk "treatment":

Click here to see how it came out (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/2002gsx1400.htm)

Thanks once again to everyone that has agreed to let me adapt their reviews - it really is helping the site turn into a valuable resource for bikers.

Bob

Bob
18th November 2006, 01:52
Jim's excellent review of the M109R has been given the "Motobke.co.uk" treatment:

Click here to see the full review (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/2006m1800r.htm)

Thanks as ever for all the assistance in making the site a reference point for bikers,

Bob

Disco Dan
18th November 2006, 02:55
Nice site dude, have a look here:

http://homepages.woosh.co.nz/dsoutham/

You may find some useful information, and you may wish to add a link to your site to mine?

...will add a link to your page when i next upload material.

Good luck, and if you wish me to write a review on my 1990 ZZR250 (?) let me know...

would prefer if you linked to my site rather than 'copy' content...:yes:

Bob
18th November 2006, 08:44
Nice site dude, have a look here:

http://homepages.woosh.co.nz/dsoutham/

You may find some useful information, and you may wish to add a link to your site to mine?

...will add a link to your page when i next upload material.

Good luck, and if you wish me to write a review on my 1990 ZZR250 (?) let me know...

would prefer if you linked to my site rather than 'copy' content...:yes:

1990 ZZR250? Yes please - I don't have a links page, so I'd include a link to your site within the review.

And as for "copying" - no way would I ever take anything from a site without permission. I once worked for a racing website that came close to having to sue a major manufacturer for 'borrowing' our content... to the point that they'd kept "Congratulations to all that took part from[name of the site I worked for]"! So I take lifting from other people's sites VERY seriously.

Disco Dan
18th November 2006, 12:25
1990 ZZR250? Yes please - I don't have a links page, so I'd include a link to your site within the review.

And as for "copying" - no way would I ever take anything from a site without permission. I once worked for a racing website that came close to having to sue a major manufacturer for 'borrowing' our content... to the point that they'd kept "Congratulations to all that took part from[name of the site I worked for]"! So I take lifting from other people's sites VERY seriously.

Cheers, will get typing for you...

Link made>>>> can be viewed here:

http://homepages.woosh.co.nz/dsoutham/links.html

Bob
16th March 2007, 09:17
Jim's great review of the Hyosung GT650R is now on the site.

Click here for the full review (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/2007hyosunggt650r.htm)

Huge thanks - as ever - to everyone who has allowed me to add their reviews - and to those whose I haven't used yet, apologies... I WILL read back through here and track them down!

And if anyone does fancy writing a review - then either drop me a line to see what I'd want you to do, or take a look at the Motobke.co.uk "About us/Be a Writer" page for more information (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/about.htm)

Thanks again,

Bob

Bob
14th June 2007, 06:23
Just added this to the site... in between laughing that is.

Take a look at this and see why! (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/07motoguzzibrevav750ie.htm)

As always, huge thanks go out for my being allowed to use this - every review that hits the site makes it a better resource for bikers, which is what I'd always hoped it would become.

Bob
14th July 2007, 19:34
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that WRT's review of the 650 V-Strom is now up on the site and given the Motobke.co.uk treatment:

Click here for the full review (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/2006dl650vstrom.htm).

A big thanks to WRT for letting me use this - and if anyone else would like a write-up of their bike or an item of kit to go on the site, PM me here and we can take things from there.

Thanks again,

Bob

Bob
8th August 2007, 06:18
Just thought you might like to see Edbear's C50T review.

Click here for the full review to see how it came out on the site (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/2007suzukic50tboulevard.htm).

A huge thanks to Ed for letting me use this - and as always, if anyone would like their review to appear, just send me a message and we can take things from there. Every new review makes the site a better resource for bikers looking for help making their minds up about a bike, or an item of kit... which is what I'd always hoped it would be.

Thanks again,

Bob

Out-law
18th September 2007, 10:58
WICKED IDEA I can write A little review about my gsx250 05 or a ZZR1100 or both
If you are interested :)

Bob
21st September 2007, 21:06
Ed's tidy little review of his return to biking GSX-F600 is now the site's lead feature:

Click here to see the full review (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/1989gsx600f.htm)

Thanks again to Ed for sending this my way - and if anyone else would like to broaden the site with a review or two, I'd love to see them. The site really is turning into a strong port of call for bikers looking for information before buying - which is what I always hoped it would be.

So thanks again!

Bob

Bob
27th October 2007, 07:15
Hi All,

Jim's great Kawasaki Z750 is now on the site:

Click here to see the review, given the full Motobke.co.uk treatment (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/2006kawasakiz750.htm)

Huge thanks as always for Jim letting me use this - I think the site is now turning into a real resource for bikers.

And as ever, if anyone else has a review they'd like me to use, then please do PM me and we can take things from there.

Thanks again,

Bob

Bob
24th November 2007, 07:06
Thanks to Devil for the go-ahead to use this review... and also thanks to Martin Gelder of Realclassic.co.uk for supplying the photos to accompany.

Direct link to the review here (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/2007streettriple.htm).

Hope you all like how it looks... and if you have anything you'd like to review, please drop me a PM and we can take it from there.

Bob

Bob
7th January 2008, 01:31
Enjoy! (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/08bking.htm)

And as ever, thanks to Jim for letting me use this. And if anyone else wants to put together a review for the site - or let me use something on here, just PM me and we can take things from there.

The Motobke.co.uk site is now doing what I've always wanted it to - be a strong place to go to look for information before opening the wallet - and you guys are a big part of making this happen.

So thank you!

Bob

Disco Dan
7th January 2008, 01:40
Do you need a review of 93 ZX11 ?

Bob
7th January 2008, 22:22
Yes please!

93 is still in the area where people are looking to buy bikes, so they'll still be looking for reviews to get an idea of the ZX11.

Look forward to seeing the review - and a couple of pix please.

Thanks again!

Bob

Cruisin' Craig
6th February 2008, 11:59
Absolutely. I'd love to see mine serve a useful purpose. Nice looking site by the way.
So far I have commented on the CBX550F2, and the GP125, although be aware that the pic I have included of the 125 is just pinched off the net, not a picture of my own taking.

Bob
19th March 2008, 07:24
Jim's fantastic Shiver review has been given the Motobke.co.uk treatment:

Click here to see how it came out (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/2008apriliasl750.htm).

Thanks again to Jim - and everyone that had let me use their reviews.

And if you would like to see your review given the same treatment, please PM me and we can take things from there.

Thanks all!

Bob

James Deuce
6th August 2008, 17:55
I've sent you another one mate and there's another on the way now.

Bob
2nd November 2008, 23:11
James Deuce's excellent Rocker review now in place.

Click here to see how it looks (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/08harleyfxcwrocker.htm)

Gremlin
3rd November 2008, 00:16
I don't rate myself on the writing scale in the slightest, but you are more than welcome to use my 3-way comparo if you wish

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=81857&highlight=superduke+supermoto+triple

Cr1MiNaL
9th December 2008, 17:01
would you like to do a write up on an 06 R6? See my profile for pics.

YR64L.

Bob
17th January 2009, 00:49
With huge thanks for letting me include this, here is Nudemetalz' review:

http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/09griso.htm

Thanks again for letting me use this - and hope it helps get you more test rides!

Again, if anyone else has a review they'd be happy for me to include, PM me and we can take it from there.

Regards,

Bob

Bob
16th February 2009, 06:58
Jim's historical slant on why Buell is such a valid choice is now on Motobke.co.uk:

Click here for the full article (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/09Buell_XB12STT.htm)

Thanks as ever to Jim for letting me use this. And as I always say, if anyone else would like a review of their bike, or a bike they've ridden, to appear then PM me here, with words and pix and we can take things from there.

Thanks again,

Bob

Gizzit
1st March 2009, 22:54
No ... not really ! lol.
I think you have a great website. Loads of stuff to read on there! Well done.
FUc&ing good on ya mate !!

Cheers. :niceone:

YellowDog
25th April 2009, 15:50
Mate, this is an excellent idea for a website.

It was very difficult to get realistic owners views when looking at new bikes.

Your task will be a nightmare, but the results will be well worth the effort.

Good luck

Bob
26th April 2009, 01:40
I don't rate myself on the writing scale in the slightest, but you are more than welcome to use my 3-way comparo if you wish

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=81857&highlight=superduke+supermoto+triple

Thanks for that - have to try to get a photo of the KTM Supermoto though (I don't "borrow" photos from the internet).

Couldn't help but notice you've got a quote from Jane Omorogbe - we used to work for the same publication (Used Bike Guide), but never actually met!

Bob
26th April 2009, 01:42
Mate, this is an excellent idea for a website.

It was very difficult to get realistic owners views when looking at new bikes.

Your task will be a nightmare, but the results will be well worth the effort.

Good luck

Four years in, I think it is shaping up nicelty! Good balance between bikes and kit reviews, plus general features (though I'd like to beef up that side).

If you've not had a look, take a peek at http://www.motobke.co.uk and see how you think it is coming along.

Gremlin
27th April 2009, 00:56
Thanks for that - have to try to get a photo of the KTM Supermoto though (I don't "borrow" photos from the internet).

Couldn't help but notice you've got a quote from Jane Omorogbe - we used to work for the same publication (Used Bike Guide), but never actually met!
My favourite photo: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=116358&d=1232176428 The bike is kitted out with quite a few things, so if you need a more plain shot, I probably have one.

Re Jane, was searching for more reviews on it, since time had passed, and came across her article a couple of weeks ago. Loved the line :woohoo:

edit: More of my shots are here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/image_browser.php?do=view&userid=2710&pp=40), and can dig up more if you want.

Bob
6th June 2009, 23:09
First up, a big thanks to Devil for letting me have this:

Click here to see the full review (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/09morinigranpasso.htm)

And as always, if you'd be happy for me to feature a review, PM me and we can take things from there.

Bob

Bob
14th September 2009, 00:47
Slightly different - MD and I collaborated and this review of the Caberg V2 helmet (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/cabergv2.htm) is the result.

If anyone else has any kit that they'd like to praise to the skies... or warn everyone off buying, then I'd love to get those on the Motobke site as well - anything that can help other bikers make an informed decision has to be a good thing.

I still want those bike reviews as well!

Thanks again,

Regards,

Bob

Bob
5th October 2009, 05:05
Hi All,

Ed's 1250S Bandit review has been given the Motobke.co.uk treatment.

Click here to see how it turned out. (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/09bandit1250.htm)

As ever, a huge thank you to Ed for submitting this for me to do my Mr Editor bit and put on the site. This really helps the Motobke site towards it's aim - to help people make informed choices, by reading reviews from people just like them.

So thanks again,

Bob

Oleg
9th May 2011, 17:23
You could use mine as a fine example of what not to do with your RGV250.

Bob
28th April 2012, 07:39
Nudemetalz's Moto-Guzzi V7 Classic road test, given the Motobke.co.uk treatment (http://www.bobpickett.co.uk/bkit/10v7classic.htm)

Huge thanks to Chris for letting me use the review. And if anyone else would like their reviews (bike, kit, books, DVDs - if it is about bikes, it actually reviews (if a bike, what is it like to ride? Kit - is it any good? Good/bad points - DVDs/books - what are they about? Is it good? etc) given a similar treatment, then please PM me and we can take things from there.

The whole point of http://www.motobke.co.uk is to create a huge database of tests that will benefit bikers. And the wider the range of tests, from as broad a range of testers as possible, the better the site becomes.

Thanks,

Bob

smmudd83_1999
25th November 2014, 15:08
I've only just seen this thread - you are welcome to use my review of my Cali. These bikes are becoming more popular, especially in this age/price bracket. I put long miles on it.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php/171124-Moto-Guzzi-California-Stone-2002?p=1130796179#post1130796179

ta

Stuart Mudd