PDA

View Full Version : TXTing in cars

ratusratus
6th November 2006, 13:44
I have had a couple of arse puckers lately only to find dumb arse fuckin kids txting while driving.might be time to remind the next one dont fuckin do it near me and my mc:bash:
Any body notice this trend happening??

Big Dave
6th November 2006, 13:50
I have had a couple of arse puckers lately only to find dumb arse fuckin kids txting while driving.might be time to remind the next one dont fuckin do it near me and my mc:bash:

Indeed I have.
Hang up and drive dipshits.

Sniper
6th November 2006, 13:52
Yes I have. And I have had someone drive right into the back of me whilst doing it and not only did I have the satisfaction of the cops doing them for as much as they could find, I destroyed his "new" $800 cell.

BTW, its still refered to as texting.

Squeak the Rat
6th November 2006, 13:59
Yes I have. And I have had someone drive right into the back of me whilst doing it and not only did I have the satisfaction of the cops doing them for as much as they could find, I destroyed his "new" $800 cell.

BTW, its still refered to as texting.
While you were on the bike? If so, that's gotta hurt......

lb99
:angry: txtng cnts shd all b kld!:angry:

The other day I was second in the line for the quick deposit box at the bank, when the fat mole in front of me decided to hold us all up to take a call, she expected me to wait while she answered her phone, to the point of putting her hand up to stop me as I went to go around her to make my deposit, HELLO- answer the phone later ffs.

I hate it when people stop a face to face conversation to reply to a text, I hate cellphones that play lameass music to, you can text me, but dont expect me to drop what I am doing and reply (or even look at the message) unless it is urgent, my phone is plain and silent, they should all be.

rant over

Sniper
While you were on the bike? If so, that's gotta hurt......

Nope, I was in a work car at the time

Squeak the Rat
6th November 2006, 14:13
Mobile phones in general are a complete pain. I was at the beach the other day trying to enjoy the sun and this stupid cow was walking around with her phone and it was damn distracting.

MSTRS
6th November 2006, 14:20
Mobile phones in general are a complete pain. I was at the beach the other day trying to enjoy the sun and this stupid cow was walking around with her phone and it was damn distracting.

Poor wee mite....lucky you had your flash new 5MP cameraphone handy, wasn't it?

hellnback
6th November 2006, 15:02
Hang up and drive dipshits.

With ya there buddy!!

Lissa
6th November 2006, 15:08
I hate it when people stop a face to face conversation to reply to a text Amen to that.... its not just annoying its down right rude!

Most annoying would be the kids in the movie theaters with their cell phones... texting... little baskets!

ManDownUnder
6th November 2006, 15:09
Poor wee mite....lucky you had your flash new 5MP cameraphone handy, wasn't it?

WHAT???? NO VIDEO FOOTAGE???

Sniper
6th November 2006, 15:10
I hate it when people stop a face to face conversation to reply to a text,

I just turn around and walk away. Its amazing that Im the rude one all of a sudden

ManDownUnder
6th November 2006, 15:10
Amen to that.... its not just annoying its down right rude!

Most annoying would be the kids in the movie theaters with their cell phones... texting... little baskets!

I do like the way phones are just a good size and weight for THROWING.

skelstar
6th November 2006, 15:16
Done it once: ride up next to them...tap the window...pretend youre txting...waggle your finger disapprovingly.

Lissa
6th November 2006, 15:19
Done it once: ride up next to them...tap the window...pretend youre txting...waggle your finger disapprovingly.
That sounds kinda dangerous to me.... or skillful not sure which one. :dodge:

I do like the way phones are just a good size and weight for THROWING. I only throw Jaffas in theaters. :innocent:

ManDownUnder
6th November 2006, 15:32
I only throw Jaffas in theaters. :innocent:

LOL shame - I think a Nokia whateverthehell would be great to send to the front...

Or nick it and ring some 0900 number, just leave the line open... and THEN throw

JMemonic
6th November 2006, 16:15
I only throw Jaffas in theaters. :innocent:

Yeesh you mean you can pick up and throw, Aucklanders :gob: (makes mental note to try and stay on the good side of Lissa)
:yes:

Squeak the Rat
6th November 2006, 16:19
Mr T could throw a crazy fool jafa.

As for the jaffa lollies, make sure you lick them first before throwing at the screen....

WarlockNZ
6th November 2006, 16:30

I do the same thing and all have them have looked embarashed and put the phone down. Even yesterday, i pulled up next to a car at the lights and the drivers was texting .. i said to him, "tell me you don't do that when your driving sir?" and he proceeded to tell me how he was very carefull and never did.

Mind you i did have Maverick on his bike beside me, so maybe two bikers sort of freaked him out.

I say they should ban the damn things in cars .. watch the road, not the screen you F%&^*%Kers

Disco Dan
6th November 2006, 16:45
texting should be illegal here, and handsfree only like UK. But i must confess i do text while driving, usually at the lights when stopped and sometimes while driving along too.. ..but i would say texting can be a little safer than talking on phone, as i can just drop the phone in my lap when i approach an intersection or need to change lane etc etc... then when straight road again, finish the text! naughty i know, but im soo busy sometimes that texting before/after my car journey is just not possible.

..worked out how to text while on the bike now, but i always pull into a car park to do it! (as i need to remove my glove)

I understand how dangerous it is, but most of the time i am able to keep the risk pretty low.

....please dont eat me!!!!

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

ratusratus
6th November 2006, 16:46
BAN MOBILE PHONES IN CARS:rockon:

onearmedbandit
6th November 2006, 16:50
I just turn around and walk away. Its amazing that Im the rude one all of a sudden

Funny, Bob Jones said exactly the same thing in the paper the other day......

I txt in the car all the time, nothing wrong with it. In fact while I'm txting I'll usually have a ciggie in my hand and a can of drink held by my legs. However if I'm talking to the driver I'll wait until our conversation is finished.

skidMark
6th November 2006, 16:51
i text while riding my bike :D hehehe

skidMark
6th November 2006, 16:57
texting should be illegal here, and handsfree only like UK. But i must confess i do text while driving, usually at the lights when stopped and sometimes while driving along too.. ..but i would say texting can be a little safer than talking on phone, as i can just drop the phone in my lap when i approach an intersection or need to change lane etc etc... then when straight road again, finish the text! naughty i know, but im soo busy sometimes that texting before/after my car journey is just not possible.

..worked out how to text while on the bike now, but i always pull into a car park to do it! (as i need to remove my glove)

I understand how dangerous it is, but most of the time i am able to keep the risk pretty low.

....please dont eat me!!!!

:innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

i just take the glove off while riding....stick it down my jacket or something or open up the tank bag and stuff it in

if my helmet gets uncomfortable i often take it off and put it back on usually on open road or motorway at 100 kph :P lol

meh

it got uncomfortable like 3 times coming back form taupo yesterday i was just like ugh had to keep taking it off...

put it back on as soon as possible obviously i don't just ride along for a few k's with it off or anything stupid like that just off move my hair or whatever and put it back on:P

skelstar
6th November 2006, 17:07
A well known Welly rider (well known in Welly anyway) will check his messages and clear his visor whilst riding through sleepy Rapa towns sometimes. I pull up next to him and give him the finger wag! LOL.

Hitcher
6th November 2006, 17:14
Most, if not all, of my anger at people who TXT while driving centres on the fact that those who write road safety regulations have no intention of doing anything about it. Yet our politicians are hell-bent of passing patently dumb laws, like microchipping dogs, and proposing legislation to return the so-called "drinking" age to 20.

mikey
6th November 2006, 17:28
I txt in the car all the time, nothing wrong with it. In fact while I'm txting I'll usually have a ciggie in my hand and a can of drink held by my legs. However if I'm talking to the driver I'll wait until our conversation is finished.haha id give you rep for that but i only give otu red rep

i text/drink/smoke/talk/fidget/play with stereo/and myself/and passenger(if hot female)/ dont pay for regos/wofs/ignore road rules and common courtesys, never crashed or casued an "accident" from doing any of the above. and you want to know why? casue im such a shit hot driver that the shoemaker himself coudlnt touch me. and I have a selective memory/.......almost showed a kenworth who was boss on sat at 5.30am coming home from town

slimjim
6th November 2006, 17:32
squeak the rat, howcum thee r rated images, i can't even see the phone:gob: yea and when you use your horn close to their window's they turn and give you the fingers, shit :gob: bugger me,:yes:

Kendog
6th November 2006, 17:52
Don't even get me started!!!!! I am sooooo sick of the wanky driving I have seen of late and the majority is due to one hand on steering wheel and one hand and both eyes on cell phone! Geeeerrrrrrrr.:angry:
Mrs KD.

Edbear
6th November 2006, 18:55

Trend!? Surely you mean rampant epidemic????:angry:

Sniper
7th November 2006, 07:55
Funny, Bob Jones said exactly the same thing in the paper the other day......

He heard me say it and was copying me.

Wolf
7th November 2006, 07:59
Trend!? Surely you mean rampant epidemic????:angry:
I am sure you mean it is endemic - an epidemic is an outside influence (or influenza) coming in, endemic is inherent in the population...

I get seriously fucked off with people yakking (or, worse, texting) on their phones while driving. Seriously, if I get taken out by someone yakking on the phone or texting they had better pray they immobilise me because if I can get to my feet and hobble in their direction their day's gonna turn sour reeeeaaaalll fast...

roogazza
7th November 2006, 08:05
Ban the bloody things in cars altogether !!! My pet hate . When I come across one, they get a Remus in their ear on full noise !!!

Phones have uses, but most people on the road have enough trouble just steering !! G.

Kendog
7th November 2006, 09:37
Seriously, if I get taken out by someone yakking on the phone or texting they had better pray they immobilise me because if I can get to my feet and hobble in their direction their day's gonna turn sour reeeeaaaalll fast...

My thoughts exactly, even fantasized about what damage I can do to their car, face etc with their phone... Bring it on Willy!!!!:dodge:
Mrs KD.

Wolf
7th November 2006, 10:31
My thoughts exactly, even fantasized about what damage I can do to their car, face etc with their phone... Bring it on Willy!!!!:dodge:
Mrs KD.
I've often thought along the lines of how well the components of a cellphone would bounce and how many pieces it's likely to separate into on first contact with the road...

As to the car: your helmet's screwed after the crash anyway so that can be used to great effect (especially with a convenient handle in the form of the chin guard) on windshield, side windows, panels etc...

The temptation to do anything to the actual pillock must be avoided at all costs, despite the fact that they just tried to murder you with a lethal weapon (of course the lawyers and judges twist and minimise that angle and say it was "an accident" and try to say that the ton of fast-moving weapon is merely a motor vehicle, as if that somehow makes it better). Unfortunately the law is not grounded in reality and they frown upon you using force to defend yourself from people who eschew firearms and prefer to attack you with a ton of metal...

Swoop
7th November 2006, 12:39
Funny, Bob Jones said exactly the same thing in the paper the other day.......

He heard me say it and was copying me.
Come on. Admit it "Sniper", YOU are Bob Jones!:gob:

Edbear
7th November 2006, 20:36
I am sure you mean it is endemic - an epidemic is an outside influence (or influenza) coming in, endemic is inherent in the population...

Hiya Wolf! Haven't heard from you for a while! How's da family?

Actually had to go and look this up in the dictionary again - Epidemic is from the French, "epi" meaning "upon" and "demi" meaning "the people". So the definition means widespread, (usually referring to disease), upon the people of a localised area. "Pandemic" means over a wide geographical area.

Sure agree the problem is endemic to the local area, though. Especially in Auckland. And green rep for your sentiments!:rockon:

Lou Girardin
7th November 2006, 20:41
I saw a guy on a commuter bike texting tonight. I wanted to follow him and watch the crash.

skidMark
14th November 2006, 13:47
my cage only weighs 835 kg's :P

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
14th November 2006, 14:15
Recently I borrowed a cage, went to Napier and back - we won't talk about Bay drivers - not enough time!! However on the way back there would be cars in the fast lane doing 80km or less and not moving into left lane - about 4 times - each one was on a cellphone. The amount of people driving and talking on a cellphone at the same time has certainly increased. It had been so long since I drove a cage frankly give me a bike any day. At least I can pass the crazy bastards.
I'm all for banning cellphones in cages - pull over and use it.

As a passenger - if the driver receives a cellphone call or text - I get very nervous and say pull over or give the ph to me. I, too have been stupid enough to answer a cellph while driving - you certainly lose concentration on what's happening on the road.

When on the bike the cellph is switched off and I check it at my breaks.

Wolf
14th November 2006, 14:34
my cage only weighs 835 kg's :P
Plus you and all the pies you ate = a ton :devil2:

Wolf
14th November 2006, 14:43
They can't pass a law banning texting in cars now - the NZQA has approved text-speak in exam answers and we wouldn't want to stop people practising for their exams on their way to school, would we?

skool exams for teh win lololol!

NZQA - Successfully Lowering the Standards of Education Since 1990

skidMark
15th November 2006, 17:55
was headed home in the cage today a guy in lala land on his cellphone just pull across infront of me then slows right down....get hard on he brakes in the cage yelled out get off your f****I &^&*%^&$&ing cellphone

stupid bastards i don't mind using ur phone but if your going to watch where the f**k you are going at the same time

skidMark
15th November 2006, 17:58
Plus you and all the pies you ate = a ton :devil2:

mmmmmmmmm piessssss

Wolf
15th November 2006, 23:05
mmmmmmmmm piessssss

The Prosecution rests, m'Lud.

skidMark
15th November 2006, 23:28
The Prosecution rests, m'Lud.

1. thou shalt not leave a pie in the pie warmer so long that it must be thrown away

2. thou shalt not eat another mans pie , for this is worse than stealing his wife

3. thou shalt not mix thy pie with any other liquid other than that which if used repeatadly will cause thy drinkers body severe damage.

4. thou shalt not move onto thy next pie until the prior pie is fully devoured and enjoyed.

5. thou shalt not leave any meat in thy packet that thy pie came in

6. thou shalt not scoff a pie thy pie must be loved

7. thou must get to the pie warmer before weasel if thy wants there to be any left in thy pie warmer

8. thou must get to the pie warmer before gremlin if thy wants there to be any left in thy pie warmer

9. thou must get to the pie warmer before SwanTiger if thy wants there to be any left in thy pie warmer

10. thou must return to a establishment where an exceptional pie was purchased and thank the cook ever so greatly.

those are the 10 commandments of the pie