PDA

View Full Version : I was a very naughty boy at the weekend.

Hawkeye
6th November 2006, 18:01
As the new bike has an alarm fitted and it's been sitting in the garage for the last week running the battery down, I had to take it out around the block - just to recharge the battery you understand - I mean, I don't want to be seen as a law breaker or anything.:innocent:
Suprisingly, I have found that I live on a very big block and it takes me at least 2 hours to get around. :blip:

I have to say, I love the new steed, and can't wait until I can get out more on it. Now all I need to learn is how to get it into the higher gears without scaring the shit out of myself.:gob: It has just a little more power than the CBX. Oh Yeh!
Bring on the summer.......

merv
6th November 2006, 18:09
Good on ya mate.

If you really are worried about being too naughty, just buy a battery tender and leave the bike in the garage and don't ride it. Otherwise I guess just keep suffering the pain from the worry like you did doing the 2 hour block.

bell
6th November 2006, 18:12
Gosh, don't tell us that you're on the L plate/Restricted and rode a bike twice the capacity of your legal limit? Shame on you! Quite a buzz eh, when you realise just how much better anything other than a 250 can be. Some would say except a Honda NSR or whatever they are. Or perhaps an Aprilia...

Hawkeye
6th November 2006, 18:18
Good on ya mate.

If you really are worried about being too naughty, just buy a battery tender and leave the bike in the garage and don't ride it. Otherwise I guess just keep suffering the pain from the worry like you did doing the 2 hour block.

Hi Merv,
After buying the bike, I don't think the funds could stretch to a battery tender. :msn-wink: I will just have to keep enduring the pain. And believe me, I have a very high pain threshhold :brick:
PS. Is it January yet? :wait:

merv
6th November 2006, 18:23
Is January when you get off the restricted then?

Hawkeye
6th November 2006, 18:24
Is January when you get off the restricted then?

Yeh and it can't come soon enough

Colapop
6th November 2006, 18:52
Oh my god! They locked up Kenny...

You keep a weather eye out laddie. I'll tell you a secret one day.

sels1
6th November 2006, 19:43
I have found that I live on a very big block and it takes me at least 2 hours to get around......

Ha - well done mate.

Bend-it
7th November 2006, 11:58
Yeah... I'm still on my Restricted but have an RF900 in the garage! Well, rode it a couple of times but thought maybe I should keep my head down an stay on my 250 till I get the full...

Insurance, legality aspects all abit iffy... ;)

Colapop> I'll pop around later to pick up the CD eh? Cheers!

Drum
7th November 2006, 12:12
Methinks it will be a long summer of temptation for Mr. Hawkeye!

Hawkeye
7th November 2006, 22:58
rode it a couple of times but thought maybe I should keep my head down an stay on my 250 till I get the full...

Insurance, legality aspects all abit iffy... ;)

Same for me Bend-it. I'll stay on the CBX and just :wait:
I also agree about the Insurance and legality. Incorrect licence = no insurance and the legality - well that goes without saying.

So I'll just have to pine for a couple of months. Just making sure the battery is kept charged.

lukelin250
7th November 2006, 23:46
oh the temptation must be killer,id have to have the keys hidden from me i think. nice bike mate

slimjim
8th November 2006, 07:35
aaarrr for fuck sake Hawkeye,!! its not a picture, and why only 2hr block, shit you aren't a fucking twit, so you aren't gona get booked, get on and ride, gee palmy is a good spot for a coffe, nice starbuck, go go go lifes about enjoying, yup bugger worrying about insurance,cop's, fuck you could pull out of your workplace tomorrow and get hit by a helen,(cager) and not recover,

PuppetMaster
8th November 2006, 07:46
aaarrr for fuck sake Hawkeye,!! its not a picture, and why only 2hr block, shit you aren't a fucking twit, so you aren't gona get booked, get on and ride, gee palmy is a good spot for a coffe, nice starbuck, go go go lifes about enjoying, yup bugger worrying about insurance,cop's, fuck you could pull out of your workplace tomorrow and get hit by a helen,(cager) and not recover,

Finally someone with balls.
Fuck the cops and pc fags, ride the bike.