PDA

View Full Version : Pirelli Diablo's

Quasievil
9th July 2004, 15:33
Hey, my tyres on the Ducati have been pointed out to me to be no good, they are 170's on a 4.5 inch rim, should be 160 and they dont have a nice rounded nature they have a flat bottom to them.I think its affecting the stability of the bike when cornering, Fzero noticed it yesterday going over the Divi towards Raglan.I have suspected it, and MR confirmed it .
Im thinking about getting some Diablos and have a couple of questions
1/ what sought of milage would I expect (im not into going to hard)
2/ How much fitted (auckland cheaper)
3/ Are they in your experience any good
4/ should I consider a different tyre and if so what and why.

Appreciate your feedback people thanks heaps

Two Smoker
9th July 2004, 15:37
With your riding, and the power of your bike they should last well.... My Dad's cost $600 fitted (but that was a 180 not 160), he also really likes them and says they perform very well :niceone:

Devil
9th July 2004, 15:38
http://www.sugar-gliders.com/images/store/worms.jpg

Quasievil
9th July 2004, 15:41
[QUOTE=Two Smoker]With your riding

You calling me slow again lol :2guns:

Eddieb
9th July 2004, 15:42
Hey Quasievil

1/ I got almost 12k out of my last Super Corsa front and the Diablo is wearing well, I should get at least 8k I think and I bought it 20% worn

2/ Dunno I'm in Welly

3/ Yes, they rock. No end of grip and will go as hard as you can, or at least as hard as I can and thats enough for me

4/ I'm happy with them and see no reason to try anything else, a lot of ducati owners seem to like them.

Eddie

Two Smoker
9th July 2004, 15:46
[QUOTE=Two Smoker]With your riding

You calling me slow again lol :2guns:
LMAO, :lol: once again no i wasnt, its just you perceiving that your slow, you riding style is very laid back and relaxed, mixed in with the good had fang :niceone:

Quasievil
9th July 2004, 15:52
LMAO, :lol: once again no i wasnt, its just you perceiving that your slow, you riding style is very laid back and relaxed, mixed in with the good had fang :niceone:

LOL hehe Im having fun with ya :doobey:

magnum
9th July 2004, 16:05
hi,diablos are very good and shop around,bikesnbits in hamitron will do a set for about 500$.i got 8000kms out of my rear on my zx6r,if you push hard the diablo corsas give better grip for not a lot more$$

Coldkiwi
9th July 2004, 16:06
"very impressive tyres" would be my answer. They quite popular which has resulted in a decent price war between most of the tyre/bike stores around Auckland that stock Pirelli's. Try Leading Edge as your first port of call in Auckland unless you know someone who knows someone :) but I'd expect the likes of colemans/Mt Eden to be pretty close behind their price or equal.
i'm running diablo corsas (ok, got a rennsport on the rear now because I shagged the corsa at Pukekohe and some hard riding+regular commuting) and have been fairly impressed with their behaviour. no majors to speak of that i could blame teh tyres for and I like to ride fairly hard.

quite predictable :)

DEATH_INC.
9th July 2004, 17:41
I hate the f%$#%^^n things and wouldn't even use them on a honda( :Pokey: )The worst tyres I've had the displeasure to use for ages.Tried them on the 12 and they sucked,and tried them on the gixx (they put a new rear on when I got it,so I put the matching front on)and they still sucked.They do wear well though,2500k's on the 12 and about 5000 on the gixx.
Well,you asked :rolleyes:

jimbo600
9th July 2004, 17:49
Hey, my tyres on the Ducati have been pointed out to me to be no good, they are 170's on a 4.5 inch rim, should be 160 and they dont have a nice rounded nature they have a flat bottom to them.I think its affecting the stability of the bike when cornering, Fzero noticed it yesterday going over the Divi towards Raglan.I have suspected it, and MR confirmed it .
Im thinking about getting some Diablos and have a couple of questions
1/ what sought of milage would I expect (im not into going to hard)
2/ How much fitted (auckland cheaper)
3/ Are they in your experience any good
4/ should I consider a different tyre and if so what and why.

Appreciate your feedback people thanks heaps

Welly motorcycles are doing a set of Metzeler sportec M1's for $399 a set. Great tyre cheap as chips priice and they last OK. I'm running Metzeler Z6's and they gripped like buggery on two trackdays recently and last ages as they're a sport touring tyre. Notwithstanding this I dont notice much difference in grip on the road between the Z6 and the rennsports.

sAsLEX
9th July 2004, 18:38
leading edge is gone! now "cycletreads. new zealands leading edge in tyres" or something to that tune. Still on barrys up inside a building. I got a front gpr70 for mine for 170 so they seem quite cheap

6Chris6
9th July 2004, 19:06
Hey Bret

If you go to Pirrelis web site you'll see there's NO Pirrelli agents in Auckland but there is one in Hamilton (can't remember where) and this is where the Ackl shops get them from anyway so shouldn't be any cheaper

Now, have i spelt Pirelli right in this thread anywhere? :stupid:

Two Smoker
9th July 2004, 19:13
Hey Bret

If you go to Pirrelis web site you'll see there's NO Pirrelli agents in Auckland but there is one in Hamilton (can't remember where) and this is where the Ackl shops get them from anyway so shouldn't be any cheaper

Now, have i spelt Pirelli right in this thread anywhere? :stupid:
Yep the last one is right :niceone: Colemans is a big stockest of Pirelli's :niceone:

FROSTY
9th July 2004, 19:25
I was just gonna sugest ya call wt quazi --and loookie someone else suggested it-the metzler deal is like super demon deal

fastford111
9th July 2004, 19:37
have tow mates that have tried the diablo and wouldnt touch them again they say that they dont grip that well both riding gixxers one 750 and a 1000 i have pilots on my rsv 1000 and wearing good done 2500 on them still look good very well planted :cool2:

Sensei
9th July 2004, 21:22
Took my mates T595 for a rip round my test road tonite .Has brand new Diablo's on felt excellent grip .Got them to two drift round my favorite corner with out to much problem's . Turn in was the only thing alittle vauge to start with but found trye pressure was low 34 front/36rear put 37F/38R sorted this I fell they are a great tyre in the dry . Don't know what wet would be . Friend has them on his CBR1000RR & say's they fell planted in the rain so I'll take his word on that one Sensei :2guns:

MD
9th July 2004, 22:13
Wouldn't use anything else now. First tried Diablos' (ultimate in the wet) and now have Diablo Corsas. Corsas have slightly better grip and seem to wear about the same. Lot of riders I know have tried em and rave about the grip. Good wet or dry.

Shafted
9th July 2004, 22:44
I paid 259 for my front and it has done about 8k now with lots left in the middle but probably only 1k left on the sides

Nice precise handling tyre - perfect match for the duke?

Drunken Monkey
9th July 2004, 23:39
have tow mates that have tried the diablo and wouldnt touch them again they say that they dont grip that well both riding gixxers one 750 and a 1000 i have pilots on my rsv 1000 and wearing good done 2500 on them still look good very well planted :cool2:

Interesting...I run them (diablo corsas) on my seven-fiddy. Grip as well as the rennsport it came with, all the way to the edge. I had pilot sports on the old seven-fiddy, thought they had an 'iffy' zone between plodding along and going hard out where they just didn't quite grip enough. The feedback was ok, you could feel them slipping under power, but they seemed to work better at either extreme and not so well in the middle. The DC's are brilliant, and I'd buy them again without hesitation.
That's my experience, anyway. All depends on how ya ride I guess.

DEATH_INC.
10th July 2004, 07:10
Interesting...I run them (diablo corsas) on my seven-fiddy. Grip as well as the rennsport it came with, all the way to the edge. I had pilot sports on the old seven-fiddy, thought they had an 'iffy' zone between plodding along and going hard out where they just didn't quite grip enough. The feedback was ok, you could feel them slipping under power, but they seemed to work better at either extreme and not so well in the middle. The DC's are brilliant, and I'd buy them again without hesitation.
That's my experience, anyway. All depends on how ya ride I guess.
But you're not comparing apples to apples,the corser is the super sticky version,not the normal road version,like the pilot sport is.The normal version sucks,moves around too much(like it's always flat,even with lots of pressure)and doesn't grip very well,wet or dry.Sorry Mark if these guy's reckon they grip well they're not pushing it too hard.And it's not just me,I know both of fastfords mates,and one of my mates over here has tried a rear and found the same...

Drunken Monkey
10th July 2004, 12:22
-SNIP-

Bleah. Edited out as I suddenly realised I was talking arse. I see what you're getting at, DeathInc - Diablo's and Diablo Corsa's are not the same tyre...

scroter
10th July 2004, 12:22
get them just get the right size. actually some racers go to narrower rear tyres to speed up the steering but for your bike 160 sounds right.