PDA

View Full Version : Need some help.......wedding venues?

Fub@r
7th November 2006, 17:30
Next year I will be signing my death warrant...........I mean wedding certificate :shutup:

Before the bride to be becomes bridezilla I need to nail down a venue, one thing in my favour the missus isn't into big expensive weddings.

So anyone have any suggestions from personal experience, or attended a venue suitable for up to 60 people in the Auckland area that they would recommend?

Paul in NZ
7th November 2006, 18:17
Find the local hall.... Cheap to hire and get your mates to help decorate.

Organise a BBG / Hangi and get the family / guests to set out the tables while you are getting your pictures done

iwilde
7th November 2006, 18:23
Nothing wrong with the local RSA or Cossi, normaly get a bloody good feed at a cheap price to.

Colapop
7th November 2006, 18:30
Public gardens. The only problem is the weather and the public. We got married at a public gardens (Aotea Lagoon) in the rose gardens. Of course it helped that I had worked there in the recent past and my mate closed the whole south lawn with "Warning! This area has been sprayed recenty" signs... :innocent:

cowpoos
7th November 2006, 18:34
I'ld have the wedding at TUI brewery mangaitanoka....and spend the honeymoon it the ekatahuna motel....

be cheap and memorable

Blondini
7th November 2006, 18:44
You live out west.pick a beach or the bush.try massey archery club,they have a good venue reasonably priced ,I believe.pm me for number or its in the book:yes:

skelstar
7th November 2006, 18:52
Piha was pretty cool for the ceremony...Pt Chev Boat/Yacht club (I think) for reception.

GR81
7th November 2006, 19:00
Settlers Lodge in Kumeu/Waimaukau (sp) was nice, ive been to 2 weddings there.

chanceyy
7th November 2006, 19:07
freinds nice garden & cossi went down well & worked out esp with out the need for a massive clean up the next day . bonus !!

Jantar
7th November 2006, 19:39
On the beach at Noosa. Its so far away that you can invite heaps of people but hardly anyone turns up. Keeps cost down, you have an exoctic wedding and a fabulous place to start your honeymoon.

Kendog
7th November 2006, 19:47
We got married on the beach, was real cheap aye bro. Was lovely actually, apart from getting a bit wind swept and the dipshit getting his car stuck meters away from where we had set up. Made for lovely photos (In Gisborne with Young Nicks Head in the background).
My sister lives in Noosa and does hair and makeup for weddings and is rushed off her feet!! Great idea.
As for Auckland, my friend had photos at the gardens in Devonport I think it was, overlooks the harbour and has gun turrets etc there, most Aucklanders will know where I'm talking about, I can't remember well as I was quite the pissed bridesmaid!
Mrs KD.

erik
7th November 2006, 20:16
I went to one wedding here:
http://www.allelyhouse.co.nz/

It seemed like a good venue. I've got no idea about the price or anything though.

ManDownUnder
7th November 2006, 20:22
Settlers Lodge in Kumeu/Waimaukau (sp) was nice, ive been to 2 weddings there.

There's heaps of venues out here (Kumeu) might suggest going to a vineyard or something like that? Just not the one the plane came down in...

WarlockNZ
7th November 2006, 22:20
Let me be the fist person on this thread to say, congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

nice to see someone making an honest man out of you .. lol ..

Have a look at the vineyards out west ... markovina .. i know i've spelt that wrong .. but its a great venue, we have had staff partys there .. up to 120 people.

don't forget to get her a bike as a wedding gift .. ha ha

lukelin250
7th November 2006, 23:52
I'ld have the wedding at TUI brewery mangaitanoka....and spend the honeymoon it the ekatahuna motel....

be cheap and memorable

what he said, have you looked at showgirls or mermaids? catering lights and entertainment system its perfect. plenty of seating :rockon:

Shadows
8th November 2006, 00:18
All the best for your man funeral, dude :bye:

Ghost Lemur
8th November 2006, 06:35
Can recommend doing it at a Boutique Vinyard if you have one near by. Ours was at West Melton Vinyard. Hire of the place was only $250, three course meal was cheap (<$50 per head). Had to buy their wine to drink, but it was good value/taste. The woman who owns it with her husband even did us up a picnic hamper to take when we went to do photos.

Fub@r
8th November 2006, 08:56
The other reason I want to maintain cost effectiveness is that this comes out of my SV650 fund which I hoping to buy in March once I get my full license :)

Allely House looked a good option but in the small print they specify a minimum spend of 6k :(

Ghost Lemur
8th November 2006, 09:41
The other reason I want to maintain cost effectiveness is that this comes out of my SV650 fund which I hoping to buy in March once I get my full license :)

Allely House looked a good option but in the small print they specify a minimum spend of 6k :(

First rule, Get the bike before you stand up and say "I do". She wants a wedding, she's got to come to the party with the bike.

I got mine a month and a half before. Wasn't supposed to ride it either til after (like that was going to happen, lasted a week).

Fub@r
8th November 2006, 10:02
First rule, Get the bike before you stand up and say "I do". She wants a wedding, she's got to come to the party with the bike.

I got mine a month and a half before. Wasn't supposed to ride it either til after (like that was going to happen, lasted a week).

My condition on wedding was that I could arrive on new bike, also I could delay license and bike to get wedding when suited me :yes: only problem is my overseas relies have applied the pressure for a summer wedding and dont want to wait till end of next year, hence February next year is the time now.

I will still get my bike around April, it can be my post-honeymoon escape vehicle :P

Krayy
8th November 2006, 11:37
I went to one wedding here:
http://www.allelyhouse.co.nz/

It seemed like a good venue. I've got no idea about the price or anything though.
We looked at Allely House, then we saw a family of rats the size of small cats running around and decided to go here instead:
http://www.northridge.co.nz/

Absolutely brilliant and not too dear either. :yes:

Good luck with whatever you plan, but keep your head nodding when shes talking cakes and dressses else you'll end up in the doghouse.

Disco Dan
8th November 2006, 11:46
was best man at wedding at "butterfly gardens" in New Lynn - would really reccomend it! dirt cheap (donation :gob:) and imagine hundereds of butterflies flitting around in the background etc, heaps of gardens and if it decides to rain, then there is heaps of undercover 'butterfly houses' with little fountains and stuff..

PM me if you want some photos of the place (from the wedding).

..woah, now off to find my manhood again.... :Punk:

Fub@r
8th November 2006, 12:26
We looked at Allely House, then we saw a family of rats the size of small cats running around and decided to go here instead:
http://www.northridge.co.nz/

Absolutely brilliant and not too dear either. :yes:

Good luck with whatever you plan, but keep your head nodding when shes talking cakes and dressses else you'll end up in the doghouse.

We have our company christmas parties there, awesome place. Only prob is its getting a bit too far out for drunk party guests.

I know it costs my firm a small fortune in taxi's to and from there each year :)

gijoe1313
8th November 2006, 12:35
Congrats Fub@r! Will have to change your nick to T@rFU now! Anyhow, if you need a double line of bikes as your honour guard, I'm sure most of us would be willing to provide it!

Have fun sorting details and cheers to your next new bride and ride (interchange these two as you wish!) :rockon:

Macktheknife
8th November 2006, 13:26
Good luck with your wedding mate, plenty of places to do it out your way that don't cost too much, what is your budget?
What kind of thing do you guys want, indoor/outdoor? informal/ formal? religous/not?