PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Knievel Promotes Film With ‘First Ever’ Jump

Bob
10th July 2004, 00:21
Robbie Knievel is to promote the movie about his daredevil motorcyclist father, Evel Knievel, by attempting the first-ever jump over an array of military aircraft on the deck of the USS Intrepid in New York Harbour, on 31st July.

The USS Intrepid, a former World War II aircraft carrier, is now the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum.

Wenier
12th July 2004, 11:05
wouldnt the deck of a ship b kind of slippery for a motorcycle, i thought he would of done a jump well b4 now espically with his father being evil knievel

jrandom
12th July 2004, 11:30
wouldnt the deck of a ship b kind of slippery for a motorcycle

The flight decks of aircraft carriers these days are surfaced with a sort of thick paint-on nonslip rubber stuff. It wears off during normal use and they have to be re-surfaced every few months or so while on active duty.

I would imagine that this boat has had some similar stuff put down.

merv
12th July 2004, 13:25
i thought he would of done a jump well b4 now espically with his father being evil knievel

Robbie is a big-time jumper already and what this item is saying is it will be a first time jump on the aircraft carrier not Robbies first jump as such.

Motu
12th July 2004, 17:15
I reckon he should do it with his father's bike - sure,these kids can jump,but Evel did it on an XR750 Harley,not some featherweight motocrosser.