PDA

View Full Version : I need help!

Str8 Jacket
8th November 2006, 11:51
And not just the of the physchological kind....

I somehow need to get my new (to me bike) from Auckland to Wgtn. I have rung quite a few freight companies and the prices are absolutely ridiculous, it would be cheaper and easier to get someone to fly someone to Auckland and have them ride it back or vice versa.
I really want the bike in my possesion sometime next week so I thought i'd just see if anyone may either be coming from Auckland to Wgtn with a trailor who could take the bike with them or if someone would ride it from Auckland to Wgtn and I fly them back....
The bike in question is an FZR400. If anyone can help or if anyone has a better idea on how to get it here other than breaking it down into tiny peices could you please let me know. Obviously if you would be able to ride the bike down I would cover the cost, you would however need a Full Motorcycle Licence!

Disco Dan
8th November 2006, 11:55
a friend of mine is riding to welly on 27th Jan and back and then again the next day.

if thats any help PM me and i will put you in touch with him. (hes been riding for 13 years and wont crash your baby!)

MSTRS
8th November 2006, 11:56
I need help!
And not just the of the physchological kind....

OK - drop an 'h' in the highlighted word....:innocent:
Can't help with the bike tho.
Good luck

Str8 Jacket
8th November 2006, 11:57
a friend of mine is riding to welly on 27th Jan and back and then again the next day.

if thats any help PM me and i will put you in touch with him. (hes been riding for 13 years and wont crash your baby!)

Umm, if he's riding to Welly wont he already be riding his own bike?....

crashe
8th November 2006, 11:58
what a buggar you didnt get it before this weekend gone...
You could have gotten it to Taupo by the auckland bunch...
and then the wellington crew to transport it from Taupo to Wellington...

Oh well........

So why didnt you buy a cruiser........ cos I would have ridden it down there for you....

Im sure someone on KB will be heading either way and be able to get it down there to you.

Enjoy your new bike..

Hey if your old bike is heading up here...... why not ride that up and then ride your new one back down......

Hitcher
8th November 2006, 11:58
Why don't you fly up and ride it back?

Str8 Jacket
8th November 2006, 11:59
Hey if your old bike is heading up here...... why not ride that up and then ride your new one back down......

No, its staying in Wgtn.

Str8 Jacket
8th November 2006, 11:59
Why don't you fly up and ride it back?

No, not an option for me. I am not comfortable riding it all that way before I get used to riding it round town first.

MSTRS
8th November 2006, 12:01
No, not an option for me. I am not comfortable riding it all that way before I get used to riding it round town first.

You worried that you won't cope? Or that you may not have your full?

Str8 Jacket
8th November 2006, 12:02
You worried that you won't cope? Or that you may not have your full?

Im not comfortable riding all that way on a new bike. Riding it back myself is NOT an option for me.

MSTRS
8th November 2006, 12:08
Im not comfortable riding all that way on a new bike. Riding it back myself is NOT an option for me.

Fair enough. But you would learn more about your new machine in that ride than you will in a month of daily town riding.

Goblin
8th November 2006, 12:08
What better way to get to know your new bike though! I bet ya you'd be comfortable on it by the end of the motorway. You'll have a blast! Go on....dare ya!

Disco Dan
8th November 2006, 12:09
Umm, if he's riding to Welly wont he already be riding his own bike?....

hes going down on his bike, escourting another friend down. just for the ride. wouldnt matter whos bike hes on really! could come back with his mate. but you should talk to him first...

why not fly up and ride it down????

Str8 Jacket
8th November 2006, 12:12
I undertsand what everyone is saying however for one I cannot get the time of work to ride it back myself as I have taken 6 weeks off over NY and Xmas. Also I am not at all interested in riding all that way on a bike that I dont know. Im nervous as hell about getting on a bigger bike anyway and I want to get used to riding it around town first before venturing further a field. Im going up North in January on it and I want to just get used to it first.

MSTRS
8th November 2006, 12:14
Hey Str8, love. Round town is NOT the place to get used to a new bike, esp one you are nervous about. Promise us you will at least think about what we are saying??? Please?

sels1
8th November 2006, 12:17
someone would ride it from Auckland to Wgtn and I fly them back....
!

Or vise versa I presume. Hmmmm....tempting....but I might find a 400 a little cramped. Will wait to see how this develops....

Paul in NZ
8th November 2006, 12:17
Have you tried Bike Trans?

WRT
8th November 2006, 12:18
Good on ya Str8, dont let them pressure you into anything your not comfy with.

DDan's mate might be just the ticket, if he rides your bike down on the first day and flies back he will be a lot fresher on the second day. There and back to welly two days running is a big ask!

TCT
8th November 2006, 12:19
A bike shop in Tuaranga do transport as well. Got them to transport a CBR400RR from Tuaranga to Palmerston North for $170. Can't remember the name but I can fine out. I think they advertise in the Kiwibike magazine.

Disco Dan
8th November 2006, 12:19
Good on ya Str8, dont let them pressure you into anything your not comfy with.

DDan's mate might be just the ticket, if he rides your bike down on the first day and flies back he will be a lot fresher on the second day. There and back to welly two days running is a big ask!

will PM you his details now...

Str8 Jacket
8th November 2006, 12:20
Have you tried Bike Trans?

Yeah, they quoted me $240-$280!!! Dear God, I had to ask them to repeat the answer I thought I was hearing things!!!

MrMelon
8th November 2006, 12:20
Check your emails?

Str8 Jacket
8th November 2006, 12:22
Check your emails?

Check yours! :p

Disco Dan
8th November 2006, 12:25
Check yours! :p

PM sent, hope this is of help!

Str8 Jacket
8th November 2006, 12:42
PM sent, hope this is of help!

Cheers mate but January is too long to wait! Thanks for the offer though!

Squeak the Rat
8th November 2006, 12:52
I'm tempted to say I'd do it on Saturday but the cheapest flight back that afternoon is $190. You wouldn't be saving that much dosh......

Ixion
8th November 2006, 12:59
Are you actually going to save much?

Auckland to Wellington, sy $60 for fuel and oil. $190 for an airfare back, that's $250 odd. if you were quoted $240 - $280 by Biketranz. that's only a $30 saving max for a lot of hassle, and could even cost more.

crazybigal
8th November 2006, 13:16
I dont think the bike tranz option is all that bad, i mean air nz at the moment is $115 and qantas is $149 oneway (booking for mid next week)
Cost of Gas on a fzr400 prob $80 bucks do the math.

Yeah, they quoted me $240-$280!!! Dear God, I had to ask them to repeat the answer I thought I was hearing things!!!

Str8 Jacket
8th November 2006, 13:20
Im going to be flying into Auckland on Monday at 12 Noon and I will ne riding the bike back myself over a 2 day period.....

Squeak the Rat
8th November 2006, 13:23
Im going to be flying into Auckland on Monday at 12 Noon and I will ne riding the bike back myself over a 2 day period.....

$130 plus two days riding the length of the north island, a bargain! Just take it easy and make sure you have a phone. After a decent blat like this you should be well comfortable with the bike.

Sorry we couldnt help, but enjoy :yes:

crashe
8th November 2006, 13:25
so where are you picking the bike up from.......?
A bike shop?

you want company riding part of the way back down.....
organise which way you are going to be riding.......
and any KBers that are free can join you on your journey.....

Str8 Jacket
8th November 2006, 13:33
Check out this thread people http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=816645#post816645

Im waiting for this one to be closed.... Ive sent a PM but if any other mod can close it, that'd be great!

MSTRS
8th November 2006, 13:40
Right decision !!! Good to hear. Take the 'easiest' roads tho...there's heaps of juicy roads to look forward to later.

Ixion
8th November 2006, 13:52
12 noon? OK we'll put the air defences on full alert and lock up the silver ware. And warn the highway patrol to stake out SH1 and have the eagle standing by.

Goblin
8th November 2006, 16:38
Good onya Hels!! Have a safe and fun trip! :scooter:

slimjim
8th November 2006, 17:21
hey Str8, as MSTRS and a few others have said, ride it back, why cause the length of riding time is a stready pace, and if you pick it up i am "SURE that US KBer's will ride with you on different stages,
i can ride from turangi to welly with you, aucklanders down to ............... if , and the open road with a bike buddy,will give you the comfortadility on your bike,,

Clivoris
8th November 2006, 17:29
Shot mate. You will have some fun.:ride:

Hitcher
8th November 2006, 20:15
I'm proud of you, Hels. You should have your new ride well and truly sorted by the time you get home. You may even have contracted the bug for long-distance riding...

Hawkeye
9th November 2006, 03:37
Good on you Hels. It sounds like you are going to have quite a bit of company on the ride. Take care and enjoy the trip.:scooter: