View Full Version : Are they serious?

XF650
8th November 2006, 14:23
http://www.jialing.com.cn/newjl/cn_web/600_sx01.html

Freakshow
8th November 2006, 14:32
http://www.jialing.com.cn/newjl/cn_web/600_sx01.html

So you can understand that???

One thing I saw was what looked like a hand starter?????

Edbear
8th November 2006, 18:48
They will be! The Jialing-Hondas Motor Company has been making the small Honda engines for some time now.

MattRSK
8th November 2006, 19:05
それはちょうど狂気の愚かである

slimjim
8th November 2006, 19:23
no not hand starter, its electric start, it is showing gear change

Motu
8th November 2006, 19:30
Strip it down and reassemble and it'd be a pretty good bike.

Garry.W
9th November 2006, 13:27
Honda owns this company. They are big in South Africa (for over 13 years) and have parts readily available all over the world, so says the oracle - Google. There are bikes around that resemble KLR's and DR's, been that way for quite some time as I saw them when I lived in the Middle East.

But, this bike doesn’t come from Jialing’s tie-up with Honda though; it developed this new machine on its own, with Austrian company AVL having helped out with the engine. Which is the nice way of saying they reverse engineered it from Rotax or one of the Japanese manufacturers.

The JH600 costs about US$3,500, which is quite cheap for a 600cc machine.

What you get is single overhead cam counterbalanced, single intake/exhaust valve, 40hp/37lbs torque, 9.7 compression ratio, 435lbs, 5 gal tank.

The numbers for compression/displacement breathing through one valve generating 40hp seem a tad optimistic and the fuel system must be injection.

Indian manufacturer Bajaj will be next when they launch their fuel-injected 220cc Pulsar DTS-Fi :whocares:

But on this one - at least you can find the oil filter :yes:

topher
9th November 2006, 13:47
Impressive - seems to have not only an engine with coloured bits in, but wheels, a seat and even dial things to look at!

chris
9th November 2006, 15:59
Strip it down and reassemble and it'd be a pretty good food mixer.
Speak your mind, Motu...!

clint640
10th November 2006, 08:53
The numbers for compression/displacement breathing through one valve generating 40hp seem a tad optimistic and the fuel system must be injection.

Hell yeah, & at 195 kg, they're taking the 'lets copy the F650' thing a bit too seriously :laugh:

The CAD rendering of the motor on their site does almost look like a 4V though, surely if they were reverse engineering any modern thumper mill they'd have 4 valves?

Of course we laugh now, but I'll bet that in 5-10 years there'll be some quite good motorcycles coming out of China.

Cheers
Clint