View Full Version : Auckland: Re today @ Puke

Firefight
10th July 2004, 08:19
For those who were talking about Puke today the weather atm is

Cold 3 c :cold:
Clear blue sky to the west of track
Slight cloud to the east
Slight brezze 2-3 knts atm

Had to knock ice of the dog before taking him for a walk, but :sunny: out and its slowly warming up.

Anyone wanting further info can tx 021 21 35978, should be around till about 10.00 hours, then might go for a ride

F/F

curious george
10th July 2004, 08:26
w00t! Yes, bloody cold in Devonport too. My Latte has frozen over.
Thanks FF.

Firefight
10th July 2004, 08:32
w00t! Yes, bloody cold in Devonport too. My Latte has frozen over.
Thanks FF.

No worries CG, will be at Puke till 10.15 then going for a quick blat down 22, will pop back in to track in the afternoon to catch up, if you want tx me at up till 1015 and I can give you further, but don,t think it will change much this am.

F/F

White trash
10th July 2004, 09:08
Couldn't have turned the good weather on when we were there :crybaby:

Firefight
10th July 2004, 15:44
well , I did make it to watch the boys, had to detour down 22(what can I say) I sorta did Puke to Puke via 22 Ngaruawahia 22 and race track :rolleyes: , last min request from Fellow KBer Nhuanh, thanks for the invite and co mate, as always a great road to ride, look forward to swapping bikes, (may help me make my mind up) opps did I say that ?, please ignore.

Any way, made it back to the track to watch my good buddy mix it with the race dudes, as always you done good mate, also saw KB boss and all round good guy Spankme, and meet Mr Hoon,and of course good to chat with my mate Mike again, all around a good day Yay, keep at it MR, getin betta everyday. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Firefight :wacko:

Motoracer
10th July 2004, 17:41
What an awesome day!! I couldn't have asked for better conditions than todays'. It was simply brilliant! :banana:

Yep, I am definetly happy with my progress. Today I was consitantly getting 1.06s and managed an official best of 1.05.28 for the day. After that, I went out with the racers on the last session and learnt heaps more!! By then, my mate who was timing me had already left, so I'll have to wait till next time.

It's a bummer about there being no racing before 2005 in Pukie though. :brick:

Now where is Trashy when you wana race him <_<

Two Smoker
10th July 2004, 17:49
Thats awesome MR!!!!! Are you going next saturday? I will be there then im hoping someone will time me, and maybe someone of a 400 or 250 that i can have a race against.......

Motoracer
10th July 2004, 17:53
Thats awesome MR!!!!! Are you going next saturday? I will be there then im hoping someone will time me, and maybe someone of a 400 or 250 that i can have a race against.......

If it's going to be a day like today, I just might be tempted to. I'll have to see...

Two Smoker
10th July 2004, 17:58
If it's going to be a day like today, I just might be tempted to. I'll have to see...
oh common, your always telling me how i need to train in the wet, because the race is on wheather it is wet or not...... so you better be there lol...... unless your bikes is getting a new piston and powervalve parts.......

Motoracer
10th July 2004, 18:11
oh common, your always telling me how i need to train in the wet, because the race is on wheather it is wet or not...... so you better be there lol...... unless your bikes is getting a new piston and powervalve parts.......

Yea, I must be getting old eh. Na, main thing is money. One track day after another is a bit much unless I can enjoy it to the max. After today, I just realised how I enjoy dry conditions WAY more than wet.

Two Smoker
10th July 2004, 18:13
Yea, I must be getting old eh. Na, main thing is money. One track day after another is a bit much unless I can enjoy it to the max. After today, I just realised how I enjoy dry conditions WAY more than wet.
Yeah i know what you mean :wacko: i wish i could ride in the dry, but it always seems to be wet :(

curious george
10th July 2004, 18:20
Just back from being totally outclassed by MR. Me and my old zimmer frame were putzing at about 1.30.
Awesome day though, dry, a bit of wind and a bit cold, but a fantastic time. Good to put a face to the name MR.

Motoracer
10th July 2004, 19:10
Nice to meet you too George :)

Firefight
10th July 2004, 19:57
Just back from being totally outclassed by MR. Me and my old zimmer frame were putzing at about 1.30.
Awesome day though, dry, a bit of wind and a bit cold, but a fantastic time. Good to put a face to the name MR.

Looked for you George, but could not tell which one was you, maybe nextime

F/F

NhuanH
11th July 2004, 08:12
well , I did make it to watch the boys, had to detour down 22(what can I say) I sorta did Puke to Puke via 22 Ngaruawahia 22 and race track :rolleyes: , last min request from Fellow KBer Nhuanh, thanks for the invite and co mate, as always a great road to ride, look forward to swapping bikes, (may help me make my mind up) opps did I say that ?, please ignore.

Any way, made it back to the track to watch my good buddy mix it with the race dudes, as always you done good mate, also saw KB boss and all round good guy Spankme, and meet Mr Hoon,and of course good to chat with my mate Mike again, all around a good day Yay, keep at it MR, getin betta everyday. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Firefight :wacko:

thanks again for the 22 run FF :) You led my dawdling self very well with great hazard identification. Have to do it again sometime soon....

I legged it back up to Puke but literally got there at 1630, so missed out on a cheap view of the track getting lit up. I think I saw Sione on his Blade leaving the track towards Bombay on my scramble in though.

Regardless, it was a great day out in the winter sun. I hope every KBer who was able to, got out yesterday.... :Punk: And today too.... :whistle:

That Guy
11th July 2004, 17:41
Hey guys, I was there too with Curious (team RGV?) - my first track outing for yonks. I only managed 1.20 and tried not get in the way of some seriously fast dudes (1.05!!) if nothing else its the best seat in the house to see how it's meant to be done.

Anyway there were three RGVs including mine putting around learning the basics - so don't be scared if you want to have a go - you won't be worse than us! The fast guys are so fast you don't get the chance to get in their way - just hold your line so they know what you're up to and prepare to be impressed as the ride round the outside, knee/pegs scraping etc.

Cool. :yeah:

Hoon
12th July 2004, 00:54
Yeah I couldn't believe it. I'm so use to being the solitary 2 stroke and now that I've upgraded to a ZXR400, four RGV250s decide to show up on the same day!!!
Good stuff tho, I can do 1:15s on my RGV and that is pretty much full throttle everywhere except braking for turn 2/3 and the hairpin. Good corner speed on jennian and turn 9/10 is the secret to good times.

Saturday was my first time on the track with the ZXR400. Main objective was to sort a good suspension settting as I have shitty cheap tyres on at the mo. Riding like a nana and short shifting 1K short I still got down to 1:17s without even getting my knee down. The suspension doesn't instill the same level of faith that my RGV did so its going to take me a bit more practice to work up my confidence.

However this week I'm replacing the fork seals/oil, rekitting the front calipers, throwing on some braided hoses (thanks Motoracer!!) and slapping on a set of super corsas so should be all good for this weekend!

Two Smoker
12th July 2004, 13:32
Awesome Hoon :niceone: ill be there, and hopefully someone can time me......

Hoon
12th July 2004, 16:15
Heres a few pics I took.

Hoon
12th July 2004, 16:20
And a few more.....unfortunately I didn't get one of Careys nice new ZX-10R race bike!

Hoon
12th July 2004, 16:24
Also one of my car mates was there and took some good action shots so check out his site too!

http://www.theevo.net/pictures/puke-10-july-04/images.html

FROSTY
12th July 2004, 16:33
However this week throwing on some braided hoses (thanks Motoracer!!) and slapping on a set of super corsas so should be all good for this weekend!

Hang on a mo--OYYY MR -are those like the braided lines Ive been waiting for for the last month?? --The ones ya forgot when ya dropped my zxr off?? :Pokey: :Pokey:

Hoon
12th July 2004, 17:07
Nah nah these are different ones....Didn't MR tell you, some dodgy looking maori stole your ones outta the back of his van!!

Hard luck dude! :first:

FROSTY
12th July 2004, 17:52
Thats ok dude--I've traced my braided lines to some maori boy racing a zxr400. Its all good cos if I cant beat him in the first race Ill just hafta repo my braided lines.
Winning by fair means or foul is still winning. :2guns: :2guns:
-shit first ya steal a slick then my braided lines -
Still spose its a fair swap--in exchange Ill steall all ya lines at the track :bleh:

curious george
12th July 2004, 17:54
Cool! Thanks for that Hoon. Nice pics

SPman
12th July 2004, 18:40
Cool! Thanks for that Hoon. Nice pics Feck! Was the Mclaren out there? I would have gone out to see that!
http://www.theevo.net/pictures/puke-10-july-04/p1000529.jpg

LB
13th July 2004, 05:22
Did Carey Brier have his ZX10 out there racing? Then hopefully he'll have it at Manfeild on the 24th - I can't wait to see some out on the track. Was Glenn Williams there on his too?