PDA

View Full Version : Chris Pfeiffer on TV1 and Aotea Square 9 Nov.

Finn
9th November 2006, 06:50
FYI

There's going to be a 10 minute slot on bike stunts this morning.

Wasp
9th November 2006, 07:05
ooooh, if i start working now....... tune the work tv in time.......

cheers!

Ghost Lemur
9th November 2006, 07:27
Hopefully it's a promo for BBT and not a "oooo look at what all these naughty bikers do on OUR roads".

Hell it'd be even better if they interview Christian, show some of his work.

Is anyone capturing it?

bungbung
9th November 2006, 07:29
I'll grab it

kiwifruit
9th November 2006, 07:31
that smartass on the breakfast show

i reckon he (Paul Henry?) is the funniest person on nz tv these days :dodge:

slimjim
9th November 2006, 07:52
should be good, but they chattered too much ,, yea paul henry does rock, ask's bloody good question's too

scracha
9th November 2006, 07:55
Anyone else see the stunt biker on Prime this morning? Funniest moment was the pedestrian who bolted when this madman was coming towards him doing a no hander wheelie. He's performing in town at 1pm but I was buggered if I could catch where. Perhaps one of the masses could fill us in?

Riff Raff
9th November 2006, 07:57
Fuck he's a talented bugger. Not a very big area to do all those stunts in. I'm looking forward to seeing him in action at Aotea Square today.

Drunken Monkey
9th November 2006, 08:04
Aotea square.

Calo
9th November 2006, 08:45
1 PM.

Bloody Auckland weather. :angry:

crashe
9th November 2006, 09:15
Yep there I was still in bed having just woken up.. turn on the telly and there he was outside TVNZ building doing these amazing stunts.

Shit he can ride that bike in such a small area.... it was great to see.

If you want to see him in action, on his bike, then show up at Aotea Square Auckland city at 1pm and he will be there giving a free demo........ of what he will be doing at Big Boys Toys Show.

bungbung
9th November 2006, 10:05
It's pretty ugly, but only 2.6meg

Rossi Gal
9th November 2006, 10:21
whats the guys name whos doin these stunts?

bungbung
9th November 2006, 10:25
Christian Pffeifer

WRT
9th November 2006, 10:39
I'm gonna wander down and check it out, will take the camera and try to get some pics.

erik
9th November 2006, 10:43
Here's a slightly better quality version on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HwH8q6E-VM

kiwifruit
9th November 2006, 10:50
thanks for that, missed it on the telly

far out he's a beast eh!

WRT
9th November 2006, 13:05
What a show . . . got about 25 pics and a couple of vids. Anyone able to host them somewhere? The pics are just over a meg each, and about 30 meg of videos (5 files). If there is somewhere I can dump the lot (can downsize the pics to something a bit quicker to download before sending) it'd be easier than trying to upload them here (and stealing SpankMe's space). If you do have somewhere they can be hosted, send me your email addy and I'll give you a copy of the pics.

Failing that I'll just pick a couple at random and post them here if anyones interested. I'm no professional photographer and was using this camera for the first time but a couple of the pics turned out pretty good.

Well worth the walk down to see him anyways!

WRT
9th November 2006, 13:33
Ok, resized them all, will post some up here . . .

WRT
9th November 2006, 13:35
And what a dismount!

Riff Raff
9th November 2006, 13:36
Bloody good show. I suggest all of you who missed it get yourselves to Big Boys Toys to see it. It's well worth the $16 entry fee you'll have to pay.

And he's a hell of a nice guy too - very approachable!

WRT
9th November 2006, 13:37
Were you down there Sue? Didnt spot you in the crowd, was amazing to watch tho eh?

kiwifruit
9th November 2006, 13:45
thanks for the images man :rockon:

Riff Raff
9th November 2006, 13:49
Were you down there Sue? Didnt spot you in the crowd, was amazing to watch tho eh?
I certainly was - got the whole thing on video, including a testimonial from the man saying 'Scared Sheep Squadron rocks'!

WRT
9th November 2006, 13:52
LOL - good work ;)

Gotta love the way he hopped off that bike, fark that was impressive.

cowpoos
9th November 2006, 13:56
And he's a hell of a nice guy too - very approachable!

you bloody tart.....your a takin women......

Riff Raff
9th November 2006, 14:06
LOL - good work ;)

Gotta love the way he hopped off that bike, fark that was impressive.

Yep - I also really liked it when he hit the barrier and tried to take out some of the spectators!

WRT
9th November 2006, 14:22
Not to mention clipping the demo bike, it wobbled for a bit and I was sure it was going to topple!

Thought it was nice that he went back to the lady behind the fence he knocked, and again after the show finished.

Korea
9th November 2006, 15:20
And what a dismount!

What a cunning stunt~

Flip down the stand and then sideways to the dismount.

Must practice that for parking in the bike parks on the morning commute, eh?
Whhhrrr, screeeech, crunch~! :shit:

erik
9th November 2006, 15:21
Here's what I got on video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IFb53JEyco

and the few pics I took before the demonstration.

I didn't take any photos of the stunts, concentrated on trying to video it instead... got most of it but ran out of memory about a minute or so before the end.

Bloody impressive riding, especially considering he was doing it in the wet. It was a bit windy too, you can see in one of the photos the fence is lying down, it was blown over by the wind. Luckily it died down a bit during the demonstration.

kiwifruit
9th November 2006, 15:34
thanks erik! :cool:

WRT
9th November 2006, 15:35
What a cunning stunt~

Flip down the stand and then sideways to the dismount.

Must practice that for parking in the bike parks on the morning commute, eh?
Whhhrrr, screeeech, crunch~! :shit:

I'll be happy to act as a judge for that, I will award points for style, grace, and positioning of the bike within the park. Additional points will be awarded for proximity to immovable objects (double for sharp immovable objects), and a gold star will be given if you can perform a backwards sommersault as you dismount the bike. 10 gold stars will get you a free set of ginsu knives!

Mr Skid
9th November 2006, 18:17
Yep - I also really liked it when he hit the barrier and tried to take out some of the spectators!
I didn't!
I was thinking as he wheelied into me that it would really suck if I had *another* broken leg..

crashe
9th November 2006, 18:22
They showed some of his stunts on TV1 on the 6pm news tonight....
that he did at Aotea Square today.

so it should be repeated on the late news tonight.