PDA

View Full Version : That didn't take long - Rumsfeld gone.

James Deuce
9th November 2006, 06:57
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-ap-rumsfeld-resigns,0,2150592.story?coll=chi-newsbreaking-hed

Street Gerbil
9th November 2006, 07:08
My condolences to all decent Americans on this forum on this tragic day. On the bright side America can survive 2 years of rape by the likes of Nancy Pelosi, especially since it pretty much guarantees that next President and government will be Republican.

slimjim
9th November 2006, 07:18
Power to the Normal American's,sick of burying their young, glad that they have spoken through there Vote, Bush is on his way out !!!!

Street Gerbil
9th November 2006, 07:24
Don't be ridiculous. Of course Bush is out - he is at the end of his 2nd term. The real problem is that once decent Democratic party is hijacked by the folks who make Helen Clark look rational. The new house speaker is to the left of most Americans and that pretty much guarantees chaos not unlike the one that Russia experienced these very days in 1917.

Squeak the Rat
9th November 2006, 07:24
Now if only DICK Cheney would do the same the world would be a better place......

terbang
9th November 2006, 07:58
Good riddance to the war mongers..

Street Gerbil
9th November 2006, 08:27
Goos riddance to the war mongers..

Wasn't that what Brits said when they elected Chamberlain? Well, let's sit back and enjoy the show. Somehow I doubt peace mongers will be appreciated for long.

Hoon
9th November 2006, 10:17
Yep Bin Laden, Saddam, Rumsfield, Blair gone and Bush soon to follow. Now the US is set to return to calm passive prosperous mode to replenish those reserves for the next term or two.

Isn't it fascinating how the political pendulum swings back and forth from one extreme to the other and while catering to both still manages to maintain an equilibrium overall?

You have to say though that Bush did have a great innings and made the most of his time on the pitch.

Swoop
9th November 2006, 10:32
Wasn't that what Brits said when they elected Chamberlain?
Whatever happened to him?
He declares war on the strongest nation on the planet, then disappears into obscurity and leaves the mess for others to clean up....

Obviously a true politician.

Timber020
9th November 2006, 10:46
Wasn't that what Brits said when they elected Chamberlain? Well, let's sit back and enjoy the show. Somehow I doubt peace mongers will be appreciated for long.

The Germans were the aggressors in that case. Chamberlain had genuine reason not to want to go to war as he saw a conflict that had the potential to mean the deaths of millions and the distruction of europe. There was nothing to be gained by going to war for the British, he was doing the right thing. And was proven to be right by the conflict that lasted another 6 years which Britain has never recovered from. My family lost enough members in that war, my grandfather lost his leg which ruined his life. I think any attempt to avoid it was the honourable thing to do.

Bush on the other had is an agressor, which I dont particularly dislike, what I dont like is that a money grabbing, oil hungry, draft dodging, cocaine snorting, silver spooned rat has put a nation which really deserves better at greater risk of terrorist attack while ensuring the rest of the west is going to have to clean up his mess for decades to come. Thousands of american troops dead, tens of thousands of iraqis. And all he cares about is himself and the money thats to be made. Fuck him, the american people and world deserves better.

oldrider
9th November 2006, 11:24
the american people and world deserves better.

It would be nice to have a christal ball that was infallibly truthful but without one it's anybodies guess what is the truth.

I do agree with the above part of your post and I believe that is the "truth". Cheers John.

98tls
9th November 2006, 11:56
I believe that humans have been fighting wars for as long as humans have been inhabiting this earth....Bush..chamberlin..hitler the list goes on and i really see no changes in the future...some people will always have ideals/beliefs be they religious or whatever that will conflict with others and there will be a portion of said others that will defend theres.......like sand through the eyeglass so are the days of our lives....blah blah blah.....