PDA

View Full Version : Racing at Manfield

duckman
20th May 2003, 08:58
Soooo, Who's coming down (or up) for the racing this weekend at Manfield ??

bluninja
20th May 2003, 09:30
I'll be there on my SV650. Will travel down from Auckland on Friday arvo, unless I get some business meetings hooked up down south for Friday. If I'm not sharing with anyone else I will be taking my trailer that fits 3 road bikes, but with only 1 on.

I'm racing in the clubmans class, and I did think of taking the RSVR down....the embarrassment factor of having people on 250s beat me may be worth the look on peoples faces seeing the bike in the clubmans class. Not sure I would want to pay for any crash damage though.

TTFN

Dave
20th May 2003, 10:21
You know i'll be there Duck Man,
Just past thames isn't it?

bluninja
25th May 2003, 14:27
Well, what a fun day. Nice to be able to say hello to Dave and Duckman, shame about Dave's grass cutting exploits. I had a fun time, with the 2 riders around me running the same pace, so I was actually racing rather than just going round the track.

Rider stupidity showed itself first thing in the morning when a group of riders and support lifted the Manfeild gates to get in, rather than wait for them to be opened. OK so rider reg was due to start at 07:45, but if the gates are locked then there's nobody there to register them. Lifting the gates pissed off Manfeild bigtime, and the risk is there that they could kick VMCC out of using the track. I guess it won't happen again.

As for me I stayed upright and had fun. I need to work on my start and entry into the first corner as I'm losing too many places. I also need to get past slower riders quicker; I tend to sit and wait for blindingly obvious overtakes rather than take the ones on offer that just require a dollop of confidence (and a LITTLE agression). It all means the ones in front just go further away, and I end up with the lap times of those in front of me. The best part for me was riding under a ZXR400 in the last long lefthander, on the last lap of the last race.....don't think he was too impressed as he had really got much faster than the first race and I had to work to catch him.

Next round is 29th June. Who's coming?

TTFN