PDA

View Full Version : How the hell do...

Fub@r
9th November 2006, 17:52
Wellintonians stay on their bike when its blowing a gale???????????

My poor little Ginny was getting thrown around tonight with the winds in Auckland, got so bad that I got off the motorway and took the sheltered surface roads home.

Anyone brave the harbour bridge today?

jtzzr
9th November 2006, 17:59
Some poor sole took on the bridge and lost ,does anyone know when summer is due?

98tls
9th November 2006, 18:12
i can remember riding along hutt motorway up there on an 89 750 Ducati one minute im in one lane next im a couple over...just about shit myself proper..thank god i was on the motorway or i would have run out of road.....

crashe
9th November 2006, 18:15
does anyone know when summer is due?

Three weeks apparently...... according to the TV this morning.....

Phurrball
9th November 2006, 18:28
On days like this I fear I pike, and rely on the bloated, wasteful girth of the Toyota to keep me rubber-side down. Even that had its moments today!:gob:

Anyone who rides in these winds has bigger kahunas than I do...

mstriumph
9th November 2006, 18:33
Wellintonians stay on their bike when its blowing a gale???????????

My poor little Ginny was getting thrown around tonight with the winds in Auckland, got so bad that I got off the motorway and took the sheltered surface roads home.

Anyone brave the harbour bridge today?

ahhhhhhhh - wellington in a high wind /............brings it all back :yes:
being blown sideways accross the road on my poor little cb350 twin ......
happy days!

Colapop
9th November 2006, 18:35
I rode in to work toay. It was fun. As I turned onto Thorndon Quay, heading north, a huge wind hit me as I was accelerating out of the corner. Woohoo!! The whole front end stepped over and I was heading in a different direction. good thing there was a truck in the other lane to remind me to get back to where I should be. In regard to your question; "how do you (we) do it?"
Usually very carefully with rubber undies! It's not as bad as what you think.

Timber020
9th November 2006, 18:36
You just ride expecting it, and accept it as being just another part of the rich tapestry of riding in wellington

Wasp
9th November 2006, 18:41
i didnt stay on, more my fault than the winds though

The_Dover
9th November 2006, 18:42
I nearly tucked the fuckin front on the motorway.

some cunt in a beemer braked, a good 6 car lengths in front of me, I grabbed a handful and the wind caught me at the same time.

the front tyre screeched for a couple of second and tucked under the left hand of the bike before I let go of the brake and straighened it up.

clean pants for table six please garcon.

diggydog
9th November 2006, 18:55
ahhhhhhhh - wellington in a high wind /............brings it all back :yes:
being blown sideways accross the road on my poor little cb350 twin ......
happy days!
yes me i know all about the wellington wind on those light bikes and being tossed around, thats bloody good if you have a bike with weight, myself riding in the rain no problem, but the wind!!! and rain no way it sucks.:scooter:

Colapop
9th November 2006, 18:57
heh heh - 200kg+ bike & 120kg+ fat arse = a good friend of gravity.

Steam
9th November 2006, 19:28
It helps to be clinically depressed and in risk-taking mode, with additional no fear of death. Like me right now. Thank goodness for beer and massive amounts of starchy food.

Wenier
9th November 2006, 19:46
Its no worries, just ride on a nice big angle to go straight. Or even better turn the opposite way for a corner thats a good one.

More weight is good thou.

Edit: And Aucklanders are soft arent they?
Harden up guys. :lol:

mangell6
9th November 2006, 19:59
Wife rode her F650GS to work today like she does most days, she said it was a "little windy" when I asked about her day.

sunhuntin
9th November 2006, 21:30
windy down here in wangas as well. dunno whether it would have affected the bike or not...dad insisted on driving me "so you dont get wet :wacko: "
bad bloody move. i was nearly late after a 5 min trip to pns turned into half an hour, and then he was 10 mins late picking me up. never again. plus i got shit when i showed up bikeless.

Bend-it
10th November 2006, 10:25
Wife rode her F650GS to work today like she does most days, she said it was a "little windy" when I asked about her day.

In baby blue, parks in Unisys House? There's one just like that here...