PDA

View Full Version : Two Brothers repack kit

Babelfish
10th November 2006, 18:20
Hi,

Anyone know where I can get a two brothers repack kit from in Auckland?

Either that or I get one sent from the mther ship.

Cheers,
B

98tls
10th November 2006, 19:08
i did my 2 bros awhile back.....went and bought an aftermarket pack and on advice from a guy on here also bought a couple of rolls of steel wool...put steel wool on first...just wrap around...then the packing...worked a treat and was pretty damn cheap....sound is awsome..nice and deep.have no idea what brand the stuff was but dont really think it would make much difference to be honest.....

RC1
10th November 2006, 19:08
hi there ,when i got tl it failed warrant (too loud), took it to road and sport in te rapa(ham) they had repack kits about $40 ech side and $200 to do work if this helps

paturoa
10th November 2006, 19:22
For a 4 into 1 repack I went to a yacht builder and got some fibre glass mat. I had some copper wire anyway. Just wrapped the mat over a few times and then bound it with the copper wire. Worked well and was chaep.

98tls
10th November 2006, 19:24
hi there ,when i got tl it failed warrant (too loud), took it to road and sport in te rapa(ham) they had repack kits about $40 ech side and $200 to do work if this helps jesus RC....i paid $60 all up for materials and it took an hour of my time to do the work.....on the two bros you only have to drill out the rivets on the pipe end....slide baffle out and repack and slide back in...rivet up and your done....bike shops eh...jesus there expensive...

Babelfish
11th November 2006, 12:10
Just got two kits from a shop up here for $30 each. Will do the work myself and take my newly tamed cans for a whirl tonight! Cheers guys