PDA

View Full Version : GN250 - Indicator Thumb Lever - AWOL

Terminated
10th November 2006, 20:02
Absent Without Leave AWOL Indicator Switch.

Went for an evening ride out to Eastbourne and on the way back wanted to cancel out indicator light after leaving roundabout in Woburn but no thumb switch.:angry:

Hope Wellington Motorcycles can do the right thing for me and order part on Monday to arrive and fit on Tuesday - I got Restricted test on Wednesday.

Looked at the warranty booklet pretty sure this is covered , the switch metal has snapped off inside cover housing.

I'll give them a call tomorrow morning first thing.

Heads Up and Enjoy:rockon:

McJim
10th November 2006, 20:27
Okay - thats the last straw - I'm definately not gonna get a GN250 for my next bike. :rofl:

Terminated
10th November 2006, 20:29
Okay - thats the last straw - I'm definately not gonna get a GN250 for my next bike. :rofl:

Going, going, gone.......[just like the thumb switch]

Maha
10th November 2006, 20:35
Going, going, gone.......[just like the thumb switch]

Could always use the good ole' hand signals BuckBuck.......:yes:

Steam
10th November 2006, 20:41
Hey I saw a GN the same colour as yours zooming past the wharf where the Days Bay ferry ties up, maybe it was you.

The warranty on my bike expired in 1987, so when the same thing happened to my switch it was cheaper to buy myself a whole new switch block from the grumpy guy at Buckets and Bits.
I must have struck him on a good day, he was happy to help and gave me free stuff even! He's not all bad. It was a good price of $35, 30 mins for me to fit it.

Drum
10th November 2006, 21:23
Damn poor show there buckbuck.

Maybe the shop would loan you another GN for the test if they can't fix yours in time.
<_< I'll keep an eye out for your indicator switch too

Terminated
10th November 2006, 22:08
Could always use the good ole' hand signals BuckBuck.......:yes:

Got home from Woburn up Cambridge Terrace - Eastern Hutt Road - Stokes Valley Road, and used the old hand signal while the throttle was going down and the foot was just touching the brake. Hmmmmmmm:laugh:

Heads Up and Enjoy

Terminated
10th November 2006, 22:10
Hey I saw a GN the same colour as yours zooming past the wharf where the Days Bay ferry ties up, maybe it was you.

Around 7.30pm out to Eastbourne and back then over Wainui Hill and back and into Woburn when the thumb lever parted company.

Should be covered by warranty. [Buckets and Bits in NaeNae...that right?]

Heads Up and Enjoy

Terminated
10th November 2006, 22:13
Damn poor show there buckbuck.

Maybe the shop would loan you another GN for the test if they can't fix yours in time.
<_< I'll keep an eye out for your indicator switch too

See how things go tomorrow and/or Monday. Don't going straining the eyes for the wee little switchie bit Drum:scooter:

Terminated
11th November 2006, 09:26
Saturday Morning 11 November:
Phoned Wellington Motorcycles and Mike at Service department put my mind at ease.

Mike will order in a complete switch assembly on Monday from Suzuki - Wanganui , and though they are booked out in service department they will try to get the job done for me when the switch assembly arrives on Tuesday. If my bike is not ready they will provide a 250 for me to do my Restricted on Wednesday.:yes:

Well Done Wellington Motorcycles

Heads Up and Enjoy

Drum
11th November 2006, 11:11
Good show :sherlock: