PDA

View Full Version : Glass and Children

kro
11th November 2006, 11:33
I have just come back from the tennis courts at Broadgreen Intermediate, where I took my kids to ride their bikes/scooters. Naturally, I had to spend the first 10 mins of my outing, picking up enough broken glass to actually create an area safe enough for my kids to ride around, without getting punctures, or cut.

I will now step up onto my soap box, and bitch mercilessly, about fuckwits. Don't get me wrong, I haven't forgotten what it's like to be young, and do stupid things, but I was never a bottle breaker.... I mean wtf is the thrill in smashing a bottle?. You get 0.5 seconds of it breaking, and that's it, whoop de fucking do. After it's all done, you are left with a dangerous mess. Why not drop a pack of thumb tacks on the ground, or a handful of metal offcuts?, the result is the same.

It seems that this is some rite of passage for the dickhead patrol these days.......you must wear the arse of your pants around your fucking ankles, drive or ride in a manner that endangers all around you, and lastly, you must be able to smash a bottle. The smashing of the bottle has to be accompanied by a loud cheer, as if you had just conquered Mt Everest, or won the Rugby World Cup all by yourself.

JimO
11th November 2006, 14:28
BUT the skill it takes is owsome man:Punk:

diggydog
11th November 2006, 15:28
no need for that shit, i've never been one to smash bottles and other things like
graffiti, theres no respect for property these days, need a good kick up the ass.:yes:

sunhuntin
11th November 2006, 17:20
yep, stupid bloody kids. had a bunch of high school boys do a really bad thing...turn on the hose at work while it was raining. big effin deal! fireworks all over the roads here, just left.

i had fun without causing harm to anyone else...dont see why the same doesnt apply for today!

scumdog
12th November 2006, 08:58
You may speed and I'll warn you but let me catch you breaking a bottle where you shouldn't and hoo-boy, off to Court for you!!!

Brett
12th November 2006, 09:13
You may speed and I'll warn you but let me catch you breaking a bottle where you shouldn't and hoo-boy, off to Court for you!!!

Fair enough too. However if you ever pull me over, i hope that you guve me that treatment:love:

MD
12th November 2006, 09:30
Bottle breaking and just plain littering is a real youth problem. Didn't realise how bad until I took up a bit of cycling. Shit a brick half the roads are unrideable near the curb side! Bloody heinies and RTDs smashed everywhere. Saw some young dickhead finish a bottled drink and without anying effort to even look what was out the car window just biff it out. Thought about following to get the No. and report it, but then there's all the grief if they get my details and I come home one day to a trashed house. Pissed me off no end.
Did all the usual teenage misbehaviour but can't remember me or any mates every getting off on littering or property damage.

ZorsT
12th November 2006, 14:22
Intentional bottle breaking is something I don't tolerate. It always seems to be the guys with the lower IQ. They often partake in sports such as rugby, and they swear alot too.

At most of the parties I go to, people who throw bottles get to dodge punches, if they see them coming.

soundbeltfarm
12th November 2006, 18:37
get the bottle stick it up their arse then smash the end off it.
I bet they'd never break another bottle again.
And whats up with bringing rugby players and people that swear into it.
thats a wide coverage mate that just about covers everyone in NZ.

ZorsT
12th November 2006, 18:42
And whats up with bringing rugby players and people that swear into it.
Just something i've noticed.

thats a wide coverage mate that just about covers everyone in NZ. Yes. Yes it does. :mellow: