PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Long Tan doco

awesker
11th November 2006, 19:37
Just a heads up to any history buffs out there, tonight History channel @ 1030. Battle of Long Tan, about the biggest battle our boys and the ozzies fought in Vietnam, bloody awesome! cant recommend it enough! Amazing what those blokes when through eh.. anyone else seen it?

info here if your interested: http://www.anzacday.org.au/history/vietnam/longtan.html

nudemetalz
12th November 2006, 10:24
Is this the same one that was on last month?
'Cause if it is,then I can't agree more with Awesker. Absolutely brilliant doco.

Those guys were something else.

Motig
12th November 2006, 10:41
Same one. Good doco.

Lou Girardin
12th November 2006, 16:56
Brilliant it is. Laconic Aussies make a great change from what we usually get.
Pay attention to the guy who gets shot several times by an AK and didn't even realise it.

doc
12th November 2006, 17:26
Just a heads up to any history buffs out there, tonight History channel @ 1030. Battle of Long Tan, about the biggest battle our boys and the ozzies fought in Vietnam, bloody awesome! cant recommend it enough! Amazing what those blokes when through eh.. anyone else seen it?

info here if your interested: http://www.anzacday.org.au/history/vietnam/longtan.html

There were only two Kiwi's involved in the actual firefight an airforce FAC and his radio op a "tankie" at that " A Bloody Maori" they always have to be involved in the controversial stuff. They actually used the Kiwi pair in the body bagging detail because of their "distance" from knowing the guys in the battle , this was before the days you had to be councilled after something messy. Anyone have a copy of it? I'm not allowed sky as well as the dialup internet "one or the other" Girls can do anything even pay the bills and know how much you spend . However I learned "creative accounting" long before the Bean counters when it came to motorcycle stuff

awesker
12th November 2006, 23:37
^^^^ hey, didnt know that..

hey Lou, you know that bloke or something? or just the incredible fact that he got hit multiple times (by a 7.62mm!) and didnt notice?

bloody amazing, 100ish against (all up) 2500.. takes my breath away it does it does :gob:

Lou Girardin
13th November 2006, 21:00
^^^^ hey, didnt know that..

hey Lou, you know that bloke or something? or just the incredible fact that he got hit multiple times (by a 7.62mm!) and didnt notice?

bloody amazing, 100ish against (all up) 2500.. takes my breath away it does it does :gob:

No, I don't know him. Just heard him talk about it on the show.

What?
14th November 2006, 06:22
Amazing what those blokes when through eh..

Yeah - and that ain't half of it.
A good friend of Mrs What? and myself is Vietnamese. She, along with some of her family, managed to get out of Vietnam a week before the fall of Saigon. I am sure that what she has told us is but a tiny fraction of what she saw and went through, but even that is more horrifying than anything shown on TV doco's.
Lovely world we live in...