PDA

View Full Version : What's your excuse to avoid work + go & ride?

Swoop
13th November 2006, 11:25
http://www.thinkgeek.com/books/humor/8480/

This could be a handy tool...
*cough* "sorry boss - too sick to come in today"

:scooter: :scooter: :yes:

Toaster
13th November 2006, 11:31
"Oh boss I can't come in to work today, I got this rash thing you see... oh, and has your secretary called in sick today by any chance?

McJim
13th November 2006, 11:35
No Excuse - I use the Nike approach.....just do it...

ManDownUnder
13th November 2006, 11:38
Mental Health Day. Only ever done it a couple of times, and only when genuine but "Fuck it!" closely followed by fucking off is good for the soul

jrandom
13th November 2006, 11:41
"I won't be coming in. The voices told me to stay home and clean the guns today."

Oldie but a goodie. I even used it last week.

This one time, a couple of years ago, something computer-ish broke and we were twiddling our thumbs at the office, so I told everyone I'd be back when it was working, hopped on the bike and went to Raglan via 22. Tuesday afternoon, no traffic. It was awesome.

On the way back, at Candyland ('cos you gotta go to Candyland) I even ran into a KBer I hadn't met before. I was wearing the T-shirt, he had the sticker on his fairing. Er. Can't remember who it was, though...

Toaster
13th November 2006, 11:42
I've never thrown a 'sickie' but it has been tempting! had a few injuries that cost me time off.... not good - got taken out a few times by idiot drivers - fortunately in a car each time it happened (failing to give way/stop short). Just back luck I guess.

Apparently then whole mental healkth thing is legitimate. You can even go out fishing on your 'sick' day (according the the employment court case recently). Understandable with stressful lives, but shouldn't we just use annual leave if you plan a day off work?

ceebie13
13th November 2006, 12:11
I'm self-employed. Need I say more? :rockon:

Bend-it
13th November 2006, 12:36
Yeah, another Nike one for me... just do it!

Big Dave
13th November 2006, 15:02
What if work is to ride?

The_Dover
13th November 2006, 15:05
i'd use sick leave to go fishing if I hadn't used it all up being in hospital after crashing one of those fuckin dangerous motorbike things.

Toaster
13th November 2006, 15:05
Oh if only! If I could start over, it would be either motorsport or flying jets. I was stupid and went to University instead.

Coyote
13th November 2006, 15:07
Mental Health Day. Only ever done it a couple of times,
Had mine today

Only get a hair cut once a year. Always a depressing time

Toaster
13th November 2006, 15:07
i'd use sick leave to go fishing if I hadn't used it all up being in hospital after crashing one of those fuckin dangerous motorbike things.

We keep surgeons wealthy. Had 8 weeks buggerred this year after breaking bones in my foot. Surgeon did a great job fixing my foot, although my right ass cheek is now stitched to my left arm for some reason......

jrandom
13th November 2006, 15:09
What if work is to ride?

Jammy git.

The_Dover
13th November 2006, 15:14
Surgeon did a great job fixing my foot.....

i've only got 11.5 inches but luckily my balls took most of the impact.

Toaster
13th November 2006, 15:17
best reply I've read yet Dover - I am laughing my head off.