PDA

View Full Version : Car vs Bike in Wingate

Shadows
13th November 2006, 19:33
About 16:40 this afternoon at the Southern intersection of Wingate Crescent and Peterkin Street, Lower Hutt.

Rider appeared okay but both vehicles were not so lucky.

A number of people already assisting when I turned up.

Anybody care to tell?

Dodger
13th November 2006, 20:02
I stopped not long after it had happened. Bike was a mess, with snapped off front forks, was quite a nice bike (sorry no idea on type my bike spotting skills are crap).

Apparently the car pulled out in front of him. Looks like he may have smacked up his wrist a bit after doing a superman over the handlebars :pinch:
He wasn't to pleased about the whole thing as you can imagine.

skelstar
13th November 2006, 21:12
Yeah I drove past too...had lots of people around him helping out so continued on. Was a sliver faired bike I think. Two big round headies? (955i maybe?).

Toaster
13th November 2006, 21:16
Blimin cage drivers... they really need to open their eyes and see the bikes coming! Hope the rider is okay..... ya pretty much have to expect ppl don't see us nowdays, they just pull on out and to heck with bikers (and cyclists).

Uncle B
13th November 2006, 22:15
Yep, saw it too on my way home.
Police were in attendance and biker was standing giving details (holding his arm) didn't see the point of stopping.
Couldn't tell what sort of bike it was, it was pretty messed up tho.

Pex Adams
14th November 2006, 05:54
Yep, saw it too on my way home.
Police were in attendance and biker was standing giving details (holding his arm) didn't see the point of stopping.
Couldn't tell what sort of bike it was, it was pretty messed up tho.

That's cause you were to busy gossiping on the phone:shutup: !

mattp
14th November 2006, 20:19
Any info will be good. My Dad rides a black 955i and lives in the Hutt :gob: . I hope that the rider is all good and the police are able to deal with the case quick smart :)

skelstar
14th November 2006, 20:23
Im sure it was a gray/silver one dude. The guy looked pretty young as well.

Shadows
14th November 2006, 23:42
Any info will be good. My Dad rides a black 955i and lives in the Hutt :gob: . I hope that the rider is all good and the police are able to deal with the case quick smart :)

I couldn't tell if it was a Trumpy or not, I didn't stop either as there were enough people helping out already, but as Skelstar said it was a silver bike and yeah the dude looked like he was in his twenties.