PDA

View Full Version : I want a hump!

Motoracer
12th July 2004, 15:40
Do any of you's know of adding a speed hump to your existing leathers? I heard from somewhere/someone that it can be done, so I'd like to find out about the details (prices etc.).

Maybe I need to have a chat with that nice lady in K'rd about it but I don't know her business number. Does anyone have it handy or does anyone have her shop name so I can look it up in the phone book?

Thanx, MR.

k14
12th July 2004, 15:45
Come on, do you really need to?? What is the actual purpose?? I thought it was for aerodynamics, but how much difference would it really make. I don't think it would make any.

Don't know if you can sew new ones on, maybe, but probably pretty hard. I wouldn't worry.

Two Smoker
12th July 2004, 15:45
Motorcycle Safety Wear, 31 St Levins Arcade, K'Rd

hope that helps MR :niceone: Bit windy at 270kmh aye???

Paul in NZ
12th July 2004, 15:46
You could ask if Quasimodo has any old leathers he wants to sell?

(speed hump - is that something you do when you are late for work in the morning?)

Paul N Old enough to remember when racers wore proper black leathers and no adverts (humpf)

Motoracer
12th July 2004, 15:58
I wana get it, cause it looks pretty cool I reckon. :p

Thanx a mil TS! :)

Two Smoker
12th July 2004, 16:04
No worries..... ive heard they can be uncomfortable on the street, but just ask Death....

k14
12th July 2004, 16:05

Yeah thats a good enough reason. I will just use not having one as an excuse for being beaten :bleh:

FROSTY
12th July 2004, 16:19
MR -sneakey sod--You just wand one so ya got somewhere to put ya beer.
Seriously I'd talk to a couple of the guys with the speed humps. For road use I was told they are a total pain in the ass.One of the welly guys -sorry I forgot his name--english bloke with WT had a speed hump and he hates it.
That said -Interesting concept--what about a detachable speed hump?
Have it on for racing/track days and off for road use

Deano
12th July 2004, 16:25

Ask Jimbo750 about how cool they look when you're at the pub mate.

And what does looking cool have to do with it ? About as cool as putting your knee on the ground around a slight bend at 40km/h I reckon (I.e. no need for it) :Pokey:

You shouldn't have to look cool to be cool.........dude.

Motoracer
12th July 2004, 16:31
That pommy bloke would be Jimbo750... I'll ask if a hump can be attached to the leathers with velcro or not. If done incorrectly, it'll prolly wreck the aerodynamics though.

What exactly makes it uncomfertable though? Is it cause you can't straighten your back?

P.S. The tool kit storage area in the Gixxer is big enough for a 6 pack :apint:

White trash
12th July 2004, 16:35
Ask Jimbo750 about how cool they look when you're at the pub mate.

And what does looking cool have to do with it ? About as cool as putting your knee on the ground around a slight bend at 40km/h I reckon (I.e. no need for it) :Pokey:

You shouldn't have to look cool to be cool.........dude.

Ha ha ha. Fucken smart arse!

FROSTY
12th July 2004, 16:38
thats the one--jimbo -
I think he said it was uncomfortable trying to do normal-not crouched type riding and couldnt carry a backpack . I must admit I wasn't really concentrating--to busy sorting out my zxr400 at the time.
Give him a pm
talking about my zxr- my brakes are pretty spongey-seems the braided lines have dissapeared--don't spose you remember where to??

Motoracer
12th July 2004, 16:52

You shouldn't have to look cool to be cool... dude.

I believe that looks aren't everything but it has its place. Otherwise, I'd never clean my bike or get fancy custom jobs done to it like polished frames/rims and carbon fiber bits. Why do it? you don't have to look cool to be cool... right?

Firefight
12th July 2004, 16:59
Do anyof you know were I can get a hump.

Maybe I need to have a chat with that nice lady in K'rd about it but I don't know her business number.

Thanx, MR.

I belive you could go to K road for a hump, there are also others places now in the greater Ak area, check Thursday "Truth"'newspaper for details <_<

F/F :Pokey:

FROSTY
12th July 2004, 17:09
I belive you could go to K road for a hump, there are also others places now in the greater Ak area, check Thursday "Truth"'newspaper for deatils. <_<

ROTFLMAO --now was that a fixed hump or a detachable one??

Motoracer
12th July 2004, 17:25
I belive you could go to K road for a hump, there are also others places now in the greater Ak area, check Thursday "Truth"'newspaper for details <_<

I'll really have to ask around for a good hump eh. I want one so comfertable and good that it'll make me a 1 minute man!

FROSTY
12th July 2004, 17:45
You know MR --admitting you have a problem is usually then first step towards solving it. Perhaps the withdrawel method

Motoracer
12th July 2004, 17:57
You know MR --admitting you have a problem is usually then first step towards solving it. Perhaps the withdrawel method

OK, I admit it. My problem is that I WANT to be a minute man! (@ Pukie that is).

FzerozeroT
12th July 2004, 17:59
just make sure that you can tilt your helmet backwotout it fouling on the hump, it feels nice too, less wind on the back of your neck, and reassuring upper back/whiplash protection in an off

k14
12th July 2004, 18:19

You seem to know quite alot about that subject :Pokey:

wkid_one
12th July 2004, 18:33
Hmmm - from this title I certainly got a different impression about wot this ythread was about

Andrew
12th July 2004, 18:37
Hmmm - from this title I certainly got a different impression about wot this ythread was about

Perhaps MR, is just being a bit clever. Perhaps this thread does have a double meaning. <_<

Marknz
12th July 2004, 20:07
Have a hump on my Tiger Angel one peice and it's no problem at all. Have used it on the road and with a back pack and all has been good. And should you be unfortunate enough to have an off on the track or road, it adds to your protection in the upper back and neck area.

Go for it!

Deano
12th July 2004, 21:06
I believe that looks aren't everything but it has its place. Otherwise, I'd never clean my bike or get fancy custom jobs done to it like polished frames/rims and carbon fiber bits. Why do it? you don't have to look cool to be cool... right?

Yeah, just pulling ya leg mate.

Just mean't that you are fast enough without having to look faster.

FROSTY
12th July 2004, 21:29
OK, I admit it. My problem is that I WANT to be a minute man! (@ Pukie that is).
Right --now I've got some real ammo-- MR busy doin the big chat up line -frosty slides on over and anounces "well you have the hump -now you get it all done in a minute-good onya mate"

Motoracer
12th July 2004, 21:49
Right --now I've got some real ammo-- MR busy doin the big chat up line -frosty slides on over and anounces "well you have the hump -now you get it all done in a minute-good onya mate"

A bit over a minute is still a minute mate! What are you, counting every second or something? :sweatdrop

If Johann's done 1.02s on it, I KNOW that theres no way in hell that I'll be doin flat 60s on it!! It doesn't stop me from aiming high though :niceone:

Motoracer
12th July 2004, 21:54
Have a hump on my Tiger Angel one peice and it's no problem at all. Have used it on the road and with a back pack and all has been good. And should you be unfortunate enough to have an off on the track or road, it adds to your protection in the upper back and neck area.

Go for it!

Thanx mark. I know a lot of people with speed humps and I haven't heard any complaints from them. I will give Jimbo a PM to ask why it's bad for him though.