PDA

View Full Version : What's worse than binning your own bike?

Mr Skid
12th July 2004, 18:22
I can tell you whats worse than binning your own bike.. Your mum binning it for you! Gutted!

I listened to everybody's good advice, then ignored it and brought a CBR250R for my first bike, rode it home without any problems, keeping an eye out for gravel and pajeros..

Parked it down the side of the house, and a couple of hours later decided to take it out for another short ride. Needed to back the bike through a narrow gate to get it onto the road, which was going slowly but ok until mum decided to 'help' by grabbing the handle bars to guide the bike..

She musta been more used to the weight of my mountain bike than a 4 pot 250cc motorbike, as it landed on her. :Oops:

She was kind enough to have it fall onto her leg, which protected the fairings, it came out with a tiny dent in the tank, and some scratches on the plastic of the r/h mirror.

So I guess I've got the first bin out of the way, and I doubt mum will touch my bike again..

Wenier
12th July 2004, 18:29
hahahha wut a crack up bad luck mate.

Holy Roller
12th July 2004, 18:30
I can tell you whats worse than binning your own bike..

Binning the loan bike while yours is getting fixed :brick: :Oops:

Andrew
12th July 2004, 18:31
and I doubt mum will touch my bike again..
Yeah I know what you mean. My mum backed her car into my bike while on its stand. The front fairings got cracked. I made sure I put my mum in her place and now she doesn't go anywhere near the bike. :Pokey:

R6_kid
12th July 2004, 18:31
yeh mate, my mum doesnt touch my bike, for obvious reasons. I'm the only one to have fallen off my bike - into the ditch along side our driveway (tight squeeze past a car and lost my footing).

All i can say is atleast it didnt happen at speed!!!

Mr Skid
12th July 2004, 18:51
..I guess after all the overly protective "but bikes are so dangerous!" rants and raves from her it's fitting that she was the one to prove my hypothesis that bikes are dangerous in the hands of stoopid people..

toads
12th July 2004, 19:57
..I guess after all the overly protective "but bikes are so dangerous!" rants and raves from her it's fitting that she was the one to prove my hypothesis that bikes are dangerous in the hands of stoopid people..

I don't spose she was "stoopid" enough to loan you the money to buy it in the first place????, just a little dig at you mate, I'm a mother and I know she was trying to help you, she certainly didn't mean to hurt herself or drop your bike, I hope her leg is ok, you seem far more concerned with the scratches on your bike than her leg, you will have other bikes, but only one mother, enuff said! :done:

SPman
12th July 2004, 20:00
Binning the loan bike while yours is getting fixed :brick: :Oops:
You too!:argh:

MikeL
12th July 2004, 20:14
She was kind enough to have it fall onto her leg, which protected the fairings,

LMAO

Parents can be sooooooo considerate at times. I hope you thanked her.
(She was only trying to help, after all...)

DEATH_INC.
12th July 2004, 20:18
You too!:argh:
Dunno 'bout that,but they gave me this funny cruiser thingee (a marauder?)once and I wore all the rubber off the ends of the pegs :Oops:

dangerous
12th July 2004, 21:17
Yeah I know what you mean. My mum backed her car into my bike while on its stand. The front fairings got cracked. I made sure I put my mum in her place and now she doesn't go anywhere near the bike. :Pokey:

Umm.... did you park it in a dumb place :msn-wink: Bet ya mum felt rather bad bout it all to.

FROSTY
12th July 2004, 21:23
Im guessing the worst would be binning a $100000 race bike that is totally unique in the world.
-Jeeze would you like to be that jurno tryin to explain that to the owner

Mr Skid
12th July 2004, 22:31
good call Toads, with the gift of hindsight I agree with the points you've made..

Checked and it didn't actually catch her, rather she fell on her bum when it went over, and the side of the house collected the mirror..

..I guessed she wasn't hurt though when she was laughing at my attempts to pick the damm thing up! She's a hardy sort, and I think it'd take more than a wayward 153kg bike to phase her..

It's forgotten now though, so it's all good! :niceone:

toads
13th July 2004, 15:20
good call Toads, with the gift of hindsight I agree with the points you've made..

Checked and it didn't actually catch her, rather she fell on her bum when it went over, and the side of the house collected the mirror..

..I guessed she wasn't hurt though when she was laughing at my attempts to pick the damm thing up! She's a hardy sort, and I think it'd take more than a wayward 153kg bike to phase her..

It's forgotten now though, so it's all good! :niceone:

cheers paparazzi, I have a bit of a soft spot for other parents out there, it's a shocking job ( parenting) the hours are long and the pay is lousy, but eventually they ( kids) grow up and start treating their parents better, my dear 16 yr old son has a bike and blames me for everything that goes wrong with it even if I'm 1/2 an hours drive away at the time. It's his delightful little way. He hopes to be a bike mechanic arrrrgg, hopefully he developes better p/r skills hehe. Glad all is well, with your Mum and the bike, the worst kind of damage your bike can get imho is when some jerk keys the paintwork or fiddles with something deliberately just cos he can, you never know who did it and there's nothing you can do about it. :mellow:

White trash
13th July 2004, 16:37
Dunno 'bout that,but they gave me this funny cruiser thingee (a marauder?)once and I wore all the rubber off the ends of the pegs :Oops:

Ahh the Marauder. :love: The only bike I can scrape the pegs on changing lanes.

Paul in NZ
13th July 2004, 17:00
I wrecked my thumb (and a whole buncha other stuff) falling off and 1956 BSA A7SS and after the operations was off work for 10 weeks which drove me and mum both freakin nuts...

I only had one good arm so she helped me do stuff like lower the barrels onto my Triumph Chopper that I finshed off while I was sick and rebuild the Beeza. Bloody good stick my mum. She hated my bikes but never bitched or complained as long as I didn't piss off the neighbours too much she was always up for helping with anything...

Paul in NZ

Kickaha
13th July 2004, 19:11
What about two guys binning each others bikes at the same track on the same day.

At Levels on the weekend Brent was riding Neils TZR250 shitter when he got run off the track and crashes it without injury,Neil then borrows Brents Bucket for the last race and promptly highsides it and breaks his collarbone.

FROSTY
13th July 2004, 19:23
well that only sounds fair mate--you drop mine -ill drop yours.
I must say the worst sorta bin Ive ever had was practicing lemans starts on a mates bike.-we were both racing 250lc's
It was at the old wiri container terminal. and I hit a huuge chunk cut out of the tarmac.
Huge dents in both rims and 2 small dents back of tank.
Trouble was -no rims in auckland-and we were racing the next day.
Boy did i feel like shite.

Posh Tourer :P
13th July 2004, 19:37
....2 small dents back of tank....
Boy did i feel like shite.

I take it those two comments were connected rather strongly????