PDA

View Full Version : How long would it take??

Zukin
15th November 2006, 19:22
Hi all

Just a quick question for you Southern Folks?

How long do you think it would take to ride from Christchurch to Blenheim via
Hanmer Springs and Molesworth Station?

At a lesiurley pace?

Cheers Scott

truckit
15th November 2006, 20:12
i think the speed limit through there is 50k,in a 4wd (hilux) ive done it many times and its always taken around 4 hrs going casually.we do it on bikes in 3hrs easy!

truckit
15th November 2006, 20:17
sorry scott i didnt read the post properly:innocent: :dodge:
from chch to hamner 1.5hrs then on youre bike through the moleworth another 3-4 hrs and out the other side another 30min to blenheim.

cooneyr
15th November 2006, 20:27
i think the speed limit through there is 50k,in a 4wd (hilux) ive done it many times and its always taken around 4 hrs going casually.we do it on bikes in 3hrs easy!

Is that 4 hours Hamner to Blenhiem? If so add about another 1.25 hours chch to hamner. I thought at the speed limit in a cage it is around 4 hours from chch to blehiem along SH1. From electronic topo maps I make it about 200km from Hamner to Blenhiem so at "around" 50 kps = "around" 4 hours.

Make sure you take the back road into blenhiem too. Nice windy gravel road and nicer than out onto SH1 and over the ward hills.

Cheers
R

Zukin
15th November 2006, 20:33
Excellent
Cheers for that :)

truckit
15th November 2006, 20:50
sorry dude i meant its a 50K speed limit through the molesworth station.
yeah the hamner to chch is more like 1.25hrs .and i can shoot through the station with a truck and trailer in under 4 hrs which is a bloodygood haul,i know people that have done it in rally car in 2hrs.

you soon get sick of that road.

PLUG
16th November 2006, 18:49
At a lesiurley pace?

Cheers Scott

... give ya self the day if ya got it ... 1.5 hrs to hanmer, gas/refresh/take lunch with you, then over jacks or jollies pass & it's a different world your entering ... if you just skoot through you will miss alot ... about 1/2 through is a bit of a camping area amongst the willows by a good sized stream ... has toilets for those that need to sit to pee ... on the other end into blenhiem, hang a left & head through taylors pass ... can get busy/dusty over christmas/new year period ...