PDA

View Full Version : Any sparkies or Campervan owners?

awesker
15th November 2006, 20:06
Sup guys, well as the tread titles Im after the advice from a sparkie or someone who has a campervan and uses campsite power sources, my problem is that we are heading up to doubtless bay this new years and we are taking tents but we want use the camp site power, the owner said we can use it if we get a PDL plug, so can anyone explain to me what one is?

Ive got this link here (http://www.pdl.co.nz/products-nav.aspx?id=53) and its got a hole bunch on but I dont know whats what... I imagine Im after a single phase right 230v right? Also be awesome if someone has one lying around that they might want to sell to a KBer :innocent: ??

Cheers,
Nick

Titanium
15th November 2006, 20:09
Think it might be one of those outdoor type ones, with the weather proof locking ring. Most likely on a extension lead with a residual current device / surge protector.

Keystone19
15th November 2006, 20:36
Titanium is right. Contact a caravan supplies store e.g. www.serada.co.nz

wilber
15th November 2006, 20:57
You can buy made up kits with RCD's built in 15m long or if you have a plugin RCD you can get a lead made up with a caravan plug on it and normal cord connector at other end,PDL code number BALS211 is for caravan plug and 925 is cord connector ,check with any electrical wholesales up your way

awesker
15th November 2006, 21:23
Cheers for the info guys!