PDA

View Full Version : Modifying SV650S Handlebars

Terminated
16th November 2006, 09:23
I see quite a few s-series SV650's - is it just a simple case of putting on the standard SV650 handlebars to give that more upright riding position?

If so what ball-park cost would it be? [Lurking in there of course are all the cables etc that may/maynot have to be lengthened.]

Thanks for feedback.

skelstar
16th November 2006, 09:28
You could just buy a SV650 (nekid)?...get a givi screen if nesessary? (sp?)

Terminated
16th November 2006, 09:41
You could just buy a SV650 (nekid)?...get a givi screen if nesessary? (sp?)

Giodday skelstar
Yes, however every now and then you see a SV650s coming up on Trademe and as they say if the price is right, then you need to modify bars. I noticed an 's' on there this morning and somewhat got me thinking.

Heads Up and Enjoy

skelstar
16th November 2006, 09:52
If its KS19's bike then buy it. Work out the logistics later :)

You could just ride it standard for a bit, see if you like it.

Shaun
16th November 2006, 12:59
I see quite a few s-series SV650's - is it just a simple case of putting on the standard SV650 handlebars to give that more upright riding position?

If so what ball-park cost would it be? [Lurking in there of course are all the cables etc that may/maynot have to be lengthened.]

Thanks for feedback.

If you decide you want the more upright position, I have the top tripple clamp, bars, cables etc

Call me if you want them 027 2559143

McJim
16th November 2006, 13:10
I've been hovering around the SV650S as my next bike - because I hate the upright position of the VTR 250 (20 years racing bicycles so I'm used to low handlebars!). The standard SV650 is about $2000 cheaper than the S and the cost of a givi is only about $300 so by changing an S to the standard you're effectively throwing money away.

You're a patient man so wait for the proper SV650 to become available....or get a Cagiva Raptor 650 - more or less the same engine.

Terminated
16th November 2006, 15:54
Thanks for the feedback all of you and the offer, points taken onboard. It is a wee way off into next autumn before I get to serious end to buy.