PDA

View Full Version : I quite like these tyres...

bugjuice
16th November 2006, 18:18
finally managed to give me enough confidence to do the attached, but more so, I quite like where their advertising is going.. Just thought I'd share..

kiwifruit
16th November 2006, 18:24
you've got a light out :dodge:

bugjuice
16th November 2006, 18:28
:finger:

justsomeguy
16th November 2006, 18:36
If you're coming for the MotoTT trackday we can see how the Conti's do against the Powers..

You've got a more modified bike but I won't hold that against you. :)

bugjuice
16th November 2006, 18:41
lamo.. thankyou, I haven't laughed that hard since I was a little girl!
hey, i'm game if you are mate.. I can slow it down with the mods, I can even give you a head start!
where n when is it?

justsomeguy
16th November 2006, 18:44
lamo.. thankyou, I haven't laughed that hard since I was a little girl!
hey, i'm game if you are mate.. I can slow it down with the mods, I can even give you a head start!
where n when is it?

Next Friday. 20 minute sessions.

I want a 19 minute headstart and you need to be tied in a straight jacket when the flag drops.

So when were you a little girl???

P.S - I'm serious - I want to follow someone good to learn some lines, if you can restrain yourself for the Worlds Slowest Indian to keep you in sight for a coupla mins.

kiwifruit
16th November 2006, 18:48
hey sorry guys... we are sold out....

prehaps buggy and i can show you the fast (slow) way around the track 2up?

SuperDave
16th November 2006, 18:55
I reckon that advertisement stinks. You just like it cause it's orange.

MotoTT day soon! :yes:

justsomeguy
16th November 2006, 18:57
hey sorry guys... we are sold out....

prehaps buggy and i can show you the fast (slow) way around the track 2up?

Heya A,

I was asking buggy if he already had a place.

I initially asked Peter to put me in the slow group but after the KB day I asked Peter to bump me into medium.

If you're starting off the 1st Session in the med group I'll follow you around.

--------------------------

Hey Buggy how much do a set of your tyres cost??

kiwifruit
16th November 2006, 19:00
Heya A,

I initially asked Peter to put me in the slow group but after the KB day I asked Peter to bump me into medium.

cool as bro
i think im going out in fast... only cos the medium group is full as :innocent:

later in the day im fairly sure we will be able to get out in the same group :scooter:

how are those tyres in the rain buggy?

bugjuice
16th November 2006, 19:05
well yeah, the bike is orange.. what else would I like the ads for..??

'ang on, there's a bike in the ads..??

Not gonna be able to get Friday off to get down (I assume it's Taupo..?).

In the wet, I'm a total wuss, so I can't say how good/bad they are (or for any tyre I've had!). And I've only had about a thousand k's on these, if that. But the 'damp' session at Taupo is when I first put my knee down. I forgot it was drizzling, and just kept going. Not a hint of anything. When the session was over (and I could have kept going), I realised that my visor was wet and fogging up, and the track looked rained on. But as for heavier rain, no idea yet

Shaun
16th November 2006, 21:00
Ask the local NZ test rider how many times he has fallen off whilst testing the Conti's, and then make another decision

bugjuice
16th November 2006, 21:25
I've only met one other rider on these tyres, and he said they were pretty good on his zx10.. meh, don't care. they look good ;)
so how many times?

Shaun
16th November 2006, 21:42
Rude to say really because he was pushing as hard as he could on them

bugjuice
17th November 2006, 07:12
would you do that on any tyre you were 'testing'..? or was it not so much of a 'test', more a hard ride?

Shaun
17th November 2006, 07:30
If I was being paid or was apart of a contract, yea, I would push them as hard as I could, I think that was what you were asking

kiwifruit
17th November 2006, 08:25
ive ordered a set :scooter:

Big Dave
17th November 2006, 08:54
, I quite like where their advertising is going.

A flat chested chick on a BMW?????

Cajun
17th November 2006, 09:18
mate down here as a set on his 04 zx10, he was running sc1s before hand,

says not as sticky(that you would expect) but the susupion is alot easyer to setup and works alot better on road with these than the sc1s

Shaun
17th November 2006, 10:12
mate down here as a set on his 04 zx10, he was running sc1s before hand,

says not as sticky(that you would expect) but the susupion is alot easyer to setup and works alot better on road with these than the sc1s

A set of what, Michelin or Conti's

Shaun
17th November 2006, 10:16
There new design guy is an ex Pirelli man, jumped ship a couple of years ago, so the Conti is simillar to the Pirelli, but not as good yet, and as Conti have NO active racing programme going on, they will always be behind Michelin and Pirelli due to this.

Tires and stuff is a lot in your own head anyway

If you believe your hand is a motorcar, it bloody well is IF YOU BELIVE IT

Salesmen and Bulletin boards can baffle most with bullshit, the proof is in the eating

Cajun
17th November 2006, 10:18
A set of what, Michelin or Conti's

conti's

We are a michelin(pilot power) family mostly, the busa, 1k, used 2 sets on the 600 also

Cajun
17th November 2006, 10:21
Tires and stuff is a lot in your own head anyway

Believe that 100% i have problems in my head with pireillis since we had some some problems with pireilli tires about 6-7 years ago.

Only really brands i like riding on is Michelin and bridgestone. But like anything, ya need ya head in the game, believe and trust in your tires, before you have any hope of going fast anywhere

Shaun
17th November 2006, 10:56
Believe that 100% i have problems in my head with pireillis since we had some some problems with pireilli tires about 6-7 years ago.

Only really brands i like riding on is Michelin and bridgestone. But like anything, ya need ya head in the game, believe and trust in your tires, before you have any hope of going fast anywhere

Word UP, O so true

Fatjim
17th November 2006, 11:23
If I was being paid or was apart of a contract, yea, I would push them as hard as I could, I think that was what you were asking

Word is, one of the new testers for Conti is a Kiwi.

The_Dover
17th November 2006, 11:44
Word UP, O so true

dang brother, a ginger negro.

I hate riding on pirelli's but it's totally a head thing.

Pilot Powers have always been a real positive tyre in my head and it works on the road!

Shaun
17th November 2006, 12:08
[QUOTE=Fatjim;828045]Word is, one of the new testers for Conti is a Kiwi.[/QUOT

It definately is, and I watched him and his crew go about his buisness a couple of weeks ago in a very professional way

He was pushing very hard! Had a couple of woopsies, but that is to be expected, a good sign actually, show's that he is working them very hard

Shaun
17th November 2006, 12:10
EDIT that last one, one of his whoopsies may have beem caused by another riders bike dropping it's sump plug and leaving Oil on the track

Fatjim
17th November 2006, 12:21
Report from tyre tester: "Could do with more grip on oily surfaces"

bugjuice
17th November 2006, 12:22
lol..
so does that make them 'oil proofed'..?? that'd be a piece of mind..

lukelin250
20th November 2006, 17:31
that dirty bitch needs a wash ,looks like someone ran over her

R6_kid
21st November 2006, 21:40

will be in medium group at the start. You can follow me around if you like, but im at this trackday for me! Havent had my bike for four weeks so i'm gonna make the most of it.

In all honesty mate following the guy in front aint gonna make you faster, you gotta understand whats happening in each corner, and the way you process that information to address your braking, entry, power delivery and exit are what'll make you faster - not watching where someoene else goes through the corner. Someones fastest line might be you're slowest!

Either way mate, offer is there... i always hit the track at the front and aim to stay there, saves getting stuck behind the small-ballers on 1L bikes in the corners after they have smoked you on the straights!

R6_kid
21st November 2006, 21:42
dang brother, a ginger negro.

I hate riding on pirelli's but it's totally a head thing.

does that mean you dont get head when you ride on pirelli's? Must be where i went wrong...