PDA

View Full Version : Left indicator's dead

xxblackbirdxx
17th November 2006, 12:28
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has any answers or suggestions to fix this problem. Left indicators dont go anymore on my blackbird. The right one still functions properly. I have checked the flasher and it is going. I have checked the bulbs and they all go as well. I am taking a guess that it may have something to do with the switch on the handle bar. Any help appreciated
:rockon:

degrom
18th November 2006, 20:41
Are all of your fuses still okay?

Have you removed the bulbs?
Could be that they are not making proper contact or one of the contacts/hooks broke off.

As I remember it bike indicator circuits are made to stop working once one of the bulps stop working...(It's to show you that one of the bulbs is not working.) Is your dasboard also not flashing?

xxblackbirdxx
20th November 2006, 08:53
Hi,
the dashboard indicater and front /back . The whole lot just stopped working. Whats funny is the right hand lights all work, its only the left that dosent.
I will check the bulbs once again when i get back home.
Its a pain to get to the front bulb as its mounted in the mirror.
Thanks for your help

idb
20th November 2006, 10:32
Hi,
the dashboard indicater and front /back . The whole lot just stopped working. Whats funny is the right hand lights all work, its only the left that dosent.
I will check the bulbs once again when i get back home.
Its a pain to get to the front bulb as its mounted in the mirror.
Thanks for your help

Is it possible to swap the left circuit over to the right at the flasher unit or the fuses to see if it works?

xxblackbirdxx
20th November 2006, 12:52
Well ! I could run a live wire on to the left indicators to see if the bulbs working. There is only one fuse for the indicators , so if the right goes then there is electricity flowing to the indicators.
I must check the bulbs to rule them out as being the problem.
I have already managed to rule out the flasher as a problem as i tried my flasher on another blackbird to check if it works properly.
Thank you IDB and DEGROM for your replies, i will get back to you after ive had another go today and update you guys on what the results are..
Cheers and rock on

davereid
20th November 2006, 17:35
Its very likely to be the switch. This is because we know the fuse and flasher are ok as the rhs go. And if a bulb had blown the other indicator would light, but not flash.

xxblackbirdxx
21st November 2006, 11:14
Hey davereid, I think you got the nail on the head. I had a feeling it was the switch, kwaka 12 said the same thing. Need to figure out how to start figuring the switch out. Any ideas?

Blackbird
21st November 2006, 11:49
Have just seen your post. Is the attached logic diagram for switch connections any good to you?

Geoff

xxblackbirdxx
22nd November 2006, 08:44
That should help me heaps, Cheers for that blackbird, much appreciated.

surfer
22nd November 2006, 20:25
You might also check the earth for the indicator that isn't working. Is it wired into a black (usually) wire or is the indicator earthed straight onto the frame? If it is self-earthing then it may be a bit of rust or a lose connection. Any way just a thought in case the switch is not your problem. Good luck.

xxblackbirdxx
22nd November 2006, 21:06
cheers surfer