PDA

View Full Version : South Island Tour (27 January - 10 February)

xxblackbirdxx
17th November 2006, 12:35
Hi All,
This invitation goes out to everyone and anyone who is keen on a south island tour.
I have planned to leave auckland on the 27th of jan(Saturday) and intend to return by the or before the 10th of Feb. Ferry tickets have been booked, accomodation sorted, routes been sorted as well.
If anyone is interested in coming along please feel free to get in touch. If anyone out there wishes to have a look at the travel route ,just ask and i will post it here. It is a comprehensive trip. Though i must say that i am avoiding the east coast run. Iam largely concentrating on the west coast, All the passes(arthurs, lewis), Milford sounds etc
:Punk:

Disco Dan
17th November 2006, 12:39
hellooo again... :innocent:

Blackbird
17th November 2006, 12:46
Blackbirds taking over the South Island eh? A few of us Blackbird owners who ride regularly together are doing a "Birds Galore" tour in March. Hope that you have a fantastic time!

xxblackbirdxx
17th November 2006, 13:24
well ! since iam going there before you, i could give you feedback on the routes i took , thier condition so on so forth.
How long have you had your bird for. I picked mine 6 months back, having changed bikes 5 times in three years i have now found the bike thats the best for me. Iam sure there are better bikes, but this one does everything you want it to do. fits me like a glove.
Hope you have a good time when you are down south.

RedKLR650
7th January 2007, 20:22
Hi All,
This invitation goes out to everyone and anyone who is keen on a south island tour.
I have planned to leave auckland on the 27th of jan(Saturday) and intend to return by the or before the 10th of Feb. Ferry tickets have been booked, accomodation sorted, routes been sorted as well.
If anyone is interested in coming along please feel free to get in touch. If anyone out there wishes to have a look at the travel route ,just ask and i will post it here. It is a comprehensive trip. Though i must say that i am avoiding the east coast run. Iam largely concentrating on the west coast, All the passes(arthurs, lewis), Milford sounds etc

I'd be keen on seeing the itinerary if the ride is still on ? Cheers, Stu

crazybigal
8th January 2007, 09:20
our trip is on the same dates!
see attached word file.

Hi All,

Monkeyboy
11th January 2007, 07:06
having changed bikes 5 times in three years i have now found the bike thats the best for me.

This struck a chord with me, I've had 4 in 4 years! Did it for the same reasons, I bought an R1 after a CBR600F, then a Firestorm and have settled for a CBR954RR.:done:

NighthawkNZ
11th January 2007, 08:51
our trip is on the same dates!
see attached word file.

Well going by your plan when you come to Dunedin I will be heading off to the Vincent County Rally so I wont be able to offer a coffee... :(

The Catlins (south of Dunedin) has some beautiful country side... enjoy your ride stay safe... Btw the Glenorchy ride you plan on doing is a great road, and sites...

Templar
12th March 2007, 10:45
Did you do this? I would love to hear your "tour review" or even general comments.

I am planning on doing something similar around Christmas with my gf (2up), I want to travel around NZ from Auckland to Auckland, down the east coast and back up the west coast. We're figuring we could do that in about a month, but it's early stages of planning yet so trolling around here looking for info has been great.

I have only been to Christchurch once on a mystery weekend, and that's the extent of my South Island experience, so am especially interested in that. The maps I have don't show many major roads up the west coast near the alps, how is that part of the trip?

peasea
28th March 2007, 21:25
I've done the Mainland twice in recent years, once with a mate and once with my lady. I wrote it up both times, you're welcome to a copy of each tale. It's just one man's perspective but the place has so much going for it we're moving there come Christmas.