PDA

View Full Version : Richard Leong Racing Teams Up With Pirelli To Contest The Nationals!

sugilite
17th November 2006, 21:03
It is my absolute pleasure to announce that Team Richard Leong Racing have signed a deal to be supplied with Pirelli racing slicks.
We will be contesting all 5 rounds of the 2007 New Zealand Production Superbike championship starting this coming January at Teratonga race Track, Invercargill.

As just about any superbike team will tell you, tyres is one of the hardest components to get sorted.
Both Richard and I are delighted to have secured a deal to run Pirellis.
Privateer Russel Holland proved they can win races at the highest level in Australia, and indeed team Honda Australia have themselves signed up to use Pirelli next year along with other large Australian teams.

We are still working on sponsorship deals with other suppliers of racing consumables and will make further announcements in this thread as news comes to hand.

So it will be good bye to the bikes instability issues with the current tyres we have and hello competitive race rubber!

Here is a few pics (thanks Felix) of the bike as it stands now. We just fitted the Akrapovic full race exhaust system to the bike two weeks ago :yes:

Sugilite out!

Tim 39
17th November 2006, 21:40
great to hear! is this your first time for nationals?

FROSTY
17th November 2006, 21:51
you're kidding --suggies been arouns since dougal was out on a gixxer 1100 in senior proddy back in the early ninetys --Um I have this funny feeling it might even go back furthur

JayRacer37
17th November 2006, 22:34
Good on ya Anthony, good to hear you will be doing the full nationals.
Good luck!!

dickytoo
17th November 2006, 23:06
Good on ya Anthony, good to hear you will be doing the full nationals.
Good luck!!

Jay, is that you? you've gone chunky, boy! eat less pies, it stuffs up your power to weight ratio!

say hi to your dad for me.

richard

Shaun
18th November 2006, 08:36
you're kidding --suggies been arouns since dougal was out on a gixxer 1100 in senior proddy back in the early ninetys --Um I have this funny feeling it might even go back furthur

I started in 1986 and he was there then, good luck you guys:yes:

Cleve
18th November 2006, 11:28
Great stuff Ant. Hoping that Jill, Paul and I will do the North Island rounds at least. Still working on that... See ya at Puke next weekend?

babyB
18th November 2006, 19:32
way coo good luck guys

R6_kid
18th November 2006, 20:39
good score!!! Best of luck with your endeavours, not an easy sport this motorcycle racing business!

chanceyy
18th November 2006, 20:53
awesum stuff Ant & Richard ( does this mean your off the bread & water diet Richard ??)

always look forward to your writes up Ant .. they funny as hell .. ohh yeah still must catch up with almost sleeping through the races .. have you updated that lil pearler yet ??

Steve_R6R
18th November 2006, 21:29
Good on you.
You will kick some ass with all that fresh rubber:yes:

kiwifruit
18th November 2006, 21:56
Go hard :Punk:

Crasherfromwayback
19th November 2006, 03:02

Privateer Russel Holland proved they can win races at the highest level in Australia,

Here is a few pics
Sugilite out!

Well you'll have no excuses for not doing so here then!
And for Christs sake man....fit a dark visor so we don't have to see the stress in your face.
Best of luck.:scooter:

SN4PD
19th November 2006, 03:14
Good on ya :niceone:

vtec
19th November 2006, 11:06
Great to hear man, how's your progress coming along on the ZX10R? You gaining confidence and speed on the new bike yet?

So it sounds like Supercorsa Pro's are perfectly good?

mikey
19th November 2006, 12:04
Your The Fukn Man!

Matt Bleck
19th November 2006, 12:37
Awesome news Ant! :2thumbsup

kickingzebra
20th November 2006, 09:29
Jealous!! I too have signed a deal with pirelli, i give them money and they give me tyres.... glad you can skip one of those steps!! see ya there!!!

Mr. Peanut
20th November 2006, 09:41
That first photo, the petal discs, the bike the focus. Fucking awesome :yes:

The_Dover
20th November 2006, 09:46
Hey peanut, you forgot to mentioned the duct taped on knee sliders!!

Good to see you again on the loop sugi. Ok, good to see you at the stops on the loop.

dickytoo
20th November 2006, 12:39
awesum stuff Ant & Richard ( does this mean your off the bread & water diet Richard ??)

I wish!

Anthony wasn't very clear about the deal. It is a bloody good deal for the tyres which we appreciate very much but someone (me) still has to pay for them.

Anthony (I'd be happy with 1 set of tyres for the whole nationals, as long as i get a bike) is now becoming the epitome of the spoiled factory rider:laugh: :bleh: :D . He now needs 1 set of tyres for qualifying, 1 set of tyres per race and 1 set just to get out of bed!

sugilite
20th November 2006, 13:25
great to hear! is this your first time for nationals?
I've had 3 serious goes at the nats before and 2 aborts...

Next you will be telling everyone I was racing before the magic round about was created!

Well you'll have no excuses for not doing so here then!
And for Christs sake man....fit a dark visor so we don't have to see the stress in your face.

To old, to blind!

Jealous!! I too have signed a deal with pirelli, i give them money and they give me tyres.... glad you can skip one of those steps!! see ya there!!!

Erm, not even the big teams get their tyres given to them. NZ is just to small for tyre suppliers to make that kind of commitment and get a good return on their investment.

I wish!

Anthony wasn't very clear about the deal. It is a bloody good deal for the tyres which we appreciate very much but someone (me) still has to pay for them.

Anthony (I'd be happy with 1 set of tyres for the whole nationals, as long as i get a bike) is now becoming the epitome of the spoiled factory rider:laugh: :bleh: :D . He now needs 1 set of tyres for qualifying, 1 set of tyres per race and 1 set just to get out of bed!

Hey, thats not fair! Your early morning wake up calls would get anyone out of bed!!!:shit:

cowpoos
20th November 2006, 13:30
Jealous!! I too have signed a deal with pirelli, i give them money and they give me tyres...

deal??? ain't that called a cheque?

seriously good news ant!!!

OI richard!!! whens my bike turning up???

dickytoo
20th November 2006, 13:40
deal??? ain't that called a cheque?

seriously good news ant!!!

OI richard!!! whens my bike turning up???

unfortunately my fund raising drive at the sydney docks failed to get any substantial returns. who would have thunk that the aussie sailors would have been that fussy!

my fall back plan of starting a house of ill repute has foundered because the aussies have cleaned up all the crooked cops and i can't seem to get a license the proper way. the fact that i insisted on testing all the products (only because i care about the punters) have also stunted my recruitment drive.

so, the short of it all is, you have nobble anthony somehow and it could be the start of a racing partnership!

dickytoo
20th November 2006, 13:43
Hey, thats not fair! Your early morning wake up calls would get anyone out of bed!!!:shit:

i think it would be prudent to mention that we were not sharing a bed, indeed, most times we weren't even in the same room!

We have a good partnership going but not that good!:sick: :eek:

cowpoos
20th November 2006, 13:50
so, the short of it all is, you have nobble anthony somehow and it could be the start of a racing partnership!

so if I can organise 6 really hot grid girls for the team? [seeing impared ones of course] ;)

dickytoo
20th November 2006, 13:53
so if I can organise 6 really hot grid girls for the team? [seeing impared ones of course] ;)

send me pictures!

the truth is, i'm not really that fussy!

let me check the fine print on anthony's contract. i don't think there is an "out" clause so we have have to bump him off. i'm all in favour of slow and painful, what do you think?

sugilite
20th November 2006, 13:54
i think it would be prudent to mention that we were not sharing a bed, indeed, most times we weren't even in the same room!

We have a good partnership going but not that good!:sick: :eek:

erm, yes good point I should clarify that, Richards early morning wake up calls have an aural nature to them and make Rotoruas mud pools smell like fresh mountain air in comparrison!

sugilite
20th November 2006, 13:56
let me check the fine print on anthony's contract. i don't think there is an "out" clause so we have have to bump him off. i'm all in favour of slow and painful, what do you think?
No please, please don't bump me off on to a fireblade!

The_Dover
20th November 2006, 13:57
and where the fuck is cowpoos gonna find even one hot chick in the 'rapa??

dickytoo
20th November 2006, 13:58
erm, yes good point I should clarify that, Richards early morning wake up calls have an aural nature to them and make Rotoruas mud pools smell like fresh mountain air in comparrison!

that was after a sustained diet of sweet corn toasted sandwiches on a dodgy sandwich maker. your culinary skills were notable for the lack of hygiene and the wonderful abstract notion called taste!

cowpoos
20th November 2006, 13:59
send me pictures!

the truth is, i'm not really that fussy!

I reckon he'ld squel!!! so yeah...wheres the fun in a fast painless dimise??

dickytoo
20th November 2006, 14:00

we could always make him eat his own cooking!:sick:

dickytoo
20th November 2006, 14:02

yum yum, i'll save that picture for my private collection. you wouldn't happen to have a contact number, would you?

cowpoos
20th November 2006, 14:10
yum yum, i'll save that picture for my private collection. you wouldn't happen to have a contact number, would you?
hmmmmm......for her or me?

dickytoo
20th November 2006, 21:20
hmmmmm......for her or me?

I'm worried you even have to ask that question!