PDA

View Full Version : Alternative damper for TL1000

98tls
18th November 2006, 15:47
Bought one of these today....its a Hagon unit thats just been released for the TLS...at 217 pound its a cheaper alternative to the ohlins and compares in price to the Bitubo one piece unit,reviews seem very favourable and cant wait to get it on.The old damper unit with its bad rep served me ok until i had the $ to buy this but now will serve out its sentence as a paper weight...:yes:

tl_tub
18th November 2006, 16:16
that looks nicely robust! i still think the bitubo is prettier though :)

in the short time the bitubo was operating on mine i couldnt quite get the settings sorted, but it sure made an improvement taking out that old worn soas :)

98tls
18th November 2006, 16:24
Not sure on that one Brent.....theres a bit of a wait for the Bitubo at the moment and this came along so i thought bugger it i"ll have one.Hagon have been around for years and the reviews on TLZONE seemed good so itll do me i reckon...

tl_tub
18th November 2006, 16:34
im not sure how many others have the bitubo, but when im all up and running again we should do a swap to see what the difference is :)

the fitting of your hagon looks much simpler than the bitubo as it doesnt have the remote adjuster, which was rather difficult to try and get in and around all the bits and pieces with its hose attached. all the best fitting it! make sure you get some photos with it installed!

Sensei
18th November 2006, 16:46
So $465 Inc GST for a Brand new Ohlins Damper off Robert is dearer ? than $217 Pounds which works out to be 3 to1 $$$$ would make it around $651 + postage & that cheaper How ?

98tls
18th November 2006, 16:51
So $465 Inc GST for a Brand new Ohlins Damper off Robert is dearer ? than $217 Pounds which works out to be 3 to1 $$$$ would make it around $651 + postage & that cheaper How ? i can promise you you wont buy a suspension damper unit for a TLS for $465..your talking about a steering damper ya wally.......:innocent:

tl_tub
18th November 2006, 16:57
Yeah, i was going to say, ohlins are about 1400 new i think arent they?

imdying
18th November 2006, 17:09
i can promise you you wont buy a suspension damper unit for a TLS for $465..your talking about a steering damper ya wally.......:innocent:Heh, got him there! I must admit Sensei, I too forgot about the separate damper/spring thing on the TLs and figured it was a steering damper :lol:

Sensei
18th November 2006, 17:12
My mistake still wouldn't buy anything but Ohlins . :done:

98tls
18th November 2006, 17:52
i share your sentiments on the ohlins sensi......if the budget could stretch i would have for sure.The Hagon works on the same principle as the ohlins ie seperate spring damper unit as oppposed to the Bitubo that is a spring/damper unit combined.....whether its as good as an ohlins i have no idea.i dont race the TL and am not carl fogarty so i reckon the Hagon will do the trick.

imdying
18th November 2006, 18:05
Heheheh, you're showing your age now mate... All the cool kids say 'I'm not Rossi now' :lol:

loosebruce
20th November 2006, 10:58
Cher nice bro, god damn i miss my TL :crybaby: might be time for a trip back to memory lane soon and buy me another TL :drool:

TL1000S :love:

cowpoos
20th November 2006, 13:35
Cher nice bro, god damn i miss my TL :crybaby: might be time for a trip back to memory lane soon and buy me another TL :drool:

TL1000S :love:
ha....been thinking the same fucking thing lately....want me old one back...lol...I bet u don't want your old one back....bwaaaahhhhh!!!

loosebruce
20th November 2006, 14:38
ha....been thinking the same fucking thing lately....want me old one back...lol...I bet u don't want your old one back....bwaaaahhhhh!!!

lol yeah there was a good reason for that one going to another home, still............... one of a kind that bike was :shit:

98tls
29th November 2006, 16:20
im not sure how many others have the bitubo, but when im all up and running again we should do a swap to see what the difference is :)

the fitting of your hagon looks much simpler than the bitubo as it doesnt have the remote adjuster, which was rather difficult to try and get in and around all the bits and pieces with its hose attached. all the best fitting it! make sure you get some photos with it installed! Here you go.....

tl_tub
29th November 2006, 16:40
so is it too early to tell us how it feels??

98tls
3rd December 2006, 06:54
A whole lot better than the old one.........need to have a bit of a fiddle with the adjuster and see what works best.......maybe even change the spring......

DEATH_INC.
3rd December 2006, 07:06
How's yer spring shock (if ya call it that....the one the springs wrapped around) I've seen a few of 'em seize and bend/break.:shit:

98tls
3rd December 2006, 07:12
Still ok..........am going to take the bike down to a guy thats pretty good at setting suspension up....measure the sag etc....not to bothered if i have to change spring out as there not to expensive.....after forking out for the damper unit i might as well get the rest of it right...........

simonnn
3rd December 2006, 23:25
A mate got one fitted at Cycletreads.Good value and works well.

98tls
21st May 2007, 22:24
Hey Sensei.........ive got computer problems.........again.......i tried to get back to you but when i try long pms i log out......buggered if i know why.......anyway heres the thread on hagon.......as you can see it uses same mounting points but comes with brackets...........no reason why you couldnt re-weld mount and fit a steel plate either side when refitting oem rotary............cheap anyway................

DemonWolf
28th May 2007, 20:02
hmmm.. that looks interesting. 98tls you still running the hagon? how does it compare to the bitubo and/or ohlins? how much of a mission was it to get the suspenion setup?

98tls
29th May 2007, 17:37
Still got the hagon and yea very happy with it.A whole heap better than the rotary and way cheaper than an ohlins......not going to criticise the ohlins its probably an awsome bit of kit but in my opinion grossly overpriced..i have never ridden a TL with a Bitubo but have spoken with many that have and are very happy.......that to is way cheaper than an ohlins,as far as setting the Hagon up..easy to install......i adjusted the + a bit from the settings it came with and havent touched it since.