PDA

View Full Version : Taser liars

Lou Girardin
18th November 2006, 16:48
It appears that one of the Taser use incidents involved it being used 5 times, twice fired and three times used in direct contact. The cop hit the offenders son once, missed the offender again, zapped himself in one hand, resorted to pepper spray and accidently sprayed the offenders teenage daughter.
Now, that's all just hilarious really, real Keystone Kops stuff.
But the bosses tried to hide it. In a report to Parliament they mentioned none of this, they just said that "the Taser was used and the offender contained".
That's why they can't be trusted, they're bloody liars.

Ixion
18th November 2006, 16:52
And considering the time that it would take to fire all those Taser shots , if the offender HAD really been a danger to the cop (which he is supposed to be before the taser is used), he (the offender) would have had LOADS of time to reach the cop and give him the bash. Which he didn't do. So why was he dangerous?

Edbear
18th November 2006, 17:14
I don't think the cop would have missed 5 times and accidently sprayed the daughter if the offender had been sitting quietly minding his own business. I suspect, and it will be interesting to get all the facts, that the offender was being, shall we say, "difficult"?

All the cops I've spoken to say that a "domestic" is about the scariest situation to be called to as the emotions are running riot and they have no idea what they will find there. Often messy.

Understandably not a report they'd want sensationalised in the media. We all know how restrained and fair the media is, don't we...

Ixion
18th November 2006, 17:19
Two innocent bystanders caught up in it. Not the sort of report we'd want swept under the carpet and hidden, either. As the police have tried to do. And if the media don't reveal such matters, who will?

And if the offender had been "sitting quietly minding his own business" why would the Taser have been drawn in the first place? By definition , Taser targets cannot be assumed to be passively awaiting tasering (though considering the supine sheeplike qualities of a lot of New Zealanders, maybe they would) .

Big cockup. Big whitewash attempt. The media are doing their job.

Scouse
18th November 2006, 17:21
It appears that one of the Taser use incidents involved it being used 5 times, twice fired and three times used in direct contact. The cop hit the offenders son once, missed the offender again, zapped himself in one hand, resorted to pepper spray and accidently sprayed the offenders teenage daughter.
But the bosses tried to hide it. In a report to Parliament they mentioned none of this, they just said that "the Taser was used and the offender contained".
That's why they can't be trusted, they're bloody liars.Nah theyer not lying they are just being economical with the truth

Edbear
18th November 2006, 17:24
I'm always very skeptical of initial media reports, as so often the story changes dramatically as the facts gradually come out.

There's bound to be a lot more to this than what has been reported so far.

The_Dover
18th November 2006, 17:49
fuck you're a clumsy cunt Dynamytus.

doc
18th November 2006, 17:54
I'm always very skeptical of initial media reports, as so often the story changes dramatically as the facts gradually come out.

There's bound to be a lot more to this than what has been reported so far.

Exactly the first reports are so inacurate. I have trouble listening to "Talkback Radio" it really gets me going only to find out when the real story comes out its no where near as bad as what was first reported. Remember 9-11 Live TV 30,000 people were killed. The only Police one that disturbs me was a while ago a cop was filmed pepper spraying a handcuffed offender lying on the ground and we were told to by the police union guy Greg OConnor "Wait for the report" Pretty obvious to me bad language is really offensive
I remember when they shot the guy Wallace the first reports were he was on a rampage breaking windows and was shot cos he approached a cop with a golf club and next day people I worked with supported shooting him cos he broke all those windows, before all the other evidence around the case came out which may have justified it. My point is that because he was disobeying the law the Joe Bloggs public supported him being shot. F**k next they will be shooting us cos we are speeding and they can't catch us and the public will support it. Rant over rest easy people.

doc
18th November 2006, 18:02
another cockup post twice

Kickaha
18th November 2006, 18:11
It appears that one of the Taser use incidents involved it being used 5 times, twice fired and three times used in direct contact.

It appears? so does this mean you don't actually know for certain?

RantyDave
18th November 2006, 18:13
Just in case this is the last place on earth where nobody has heard of the UCLA (library) tasering incident...

W3CdNgoC0cE

You need to note that the guy was cuffed at the time, too.

Dave

Swoop
18th November 2006, 18:59
...involved it being used 5 times, twice fired and three times used in direct contact. The cop hit the offenders son once, missed the offender again, zapped himself in one hand...
I thought that a taser was a "one shot" system. Did the ecilop call "time out" sit down and rewind the fine wires back onto the darts, reload and fire again???
Methinks more info is needed of this incident.

Ixion
18th November 2006, 19:03
Did the ecilop call "time out" sit down and rewind the fine wires back onto the darts, reload and fire again???

Yep. That's how he shot himself in the hand, reloading. (Y'dont have to rewind the wires, just load a new cartridge, which has new wires. )

Steam
18th November 2006, 19:03
UCLA Wow, it's that kind of thing that makes me hate cops.

I mostly like the police, they've helped me on multiple occasions, but then Clint Riccard and Bob Schollum (spelling) go and rape women with and get away with it, UCLA cops taser guys who don't stand up, in NZ cops have changed or ignored evidence to suit when they are convinced someone's guilty like in the case of those two girls released recently, etc etc.

It's just 1% or less, but that 1% is enough to tarnish them all. Sorry to those good guys from the police here on KB, but that's my perception right now.

Shadows
18th November 2006, 19:21
It's just 1% or less, but that 1% is enough to tarnish them all. Sorry to those good guys from the police here on KB, but that's my perception right now.

Hehe... 1%ers. Hehehehehe.

Grahameeboy
18th November 2006, 19:38
UCLA Wow, it's that kind of thing that makes me hate cops.

I mostly like the police, they've helped me on multiple occasions, but then Clint Riccard and Bob Schollum (spelling) go and rape women with and get away with it, UCLA cops taser guys who don't stand up, in NZ cops have changed or ignored evidence to suit when they are convinced someone's guilty like in the case of those two girls released recently, etc etc.

Mmmm..I think taking a 1% attitude is not enough to tarnish them all....sorry that is just silly.......

AllanB
18th November 2006, 20:07
I take my helmet off to 99% of the NZ police - catch me speeding I shut up and take it. I tell you if I had to put up with some of the crap they take or get to see and I was a cop there would be a lot more police violence! Most of the time they are dealing with NZ's scum and the poor people said scum has affected.

If society had more respect for the police and they were allowed to give young and foolish teens a good kick up the arse I suspect things would be better.

Ahhh I feel better.

Toaster
18th November 2006, 20:30
I take my helmet off to 99% of the NZ police
Ahhh I feel better.

Good on ya. They (the police) deal with the worse society has to offer. The media don't always report accurately, just what sells papers and gets the ratings up... to heck with accurate reporting.

Yes, they make mistakes, but they are human and can be under massive pressure in heat of the moment situations. It's easy for us to sit back be critical with the benefit of hindsight, and often lacking the facts to make fair judgement.

I should know, I was one of 'em ....and in case you were wondering, I didn't ticket speeding bikers, I just gave them the thumbs up :). :scooter:

mstriumph
18th November 2006, 20:36
.........................I should know, I was one of 'em ....and in case you were wondering, I didn't ticket speeding bikers, I just gave them the thumbs up :). :scooter:

the west aus. police are actively recruiting from overseas currently - :yes:
you ever thought about emigrating?? we NEED that attitude over here!! :Punk:

mstriumph
18th November 2006, 20:45
how does anyone else feel about the length of time it seemed to take before any of the bystanders actually tried to intervene with the police --- and the relative passivity of the majority? :mellow:

......... or mebbe its just me ......

scumdog
18th November 2006, 20:52

Whew,luckily there's not as much as 1% of bikers tarnishing the biker image eh?:whistle: :innocent:

spudchucka
18th November 2006, 21:00
the west aus. police are actively recruiting from overseas currently -

What are they paying these days?

oldrider
18th November 2006, 21:02
If society had more respect for the police and they were allowed to give young and foolish teens a good kick up the arse I suspect things would be better.

Well it was like that when I was a teenager and now I have a lot of trouble with a damaged tailbone!

Do you think I would have a good case to sue the Police? It was well before ACC!

I could cite "diminished enjoyment of life", I find it difficult to sit on my arse and do nothing so I guess I could claim loss of ability to earn a living on the dole too!

Looks like they just might have been the good old days after all, hmmm,.... looks up Peter Williams QC in the phone book!

Seriously though it was better then and we still respected the cops even when they got it wrong.

Their job then and the things current cops have to put up with today have absolutely no comparison IMHO.

There are too many big fat unhealthy bastards in the top jobs, probably ingesting too much chocolate protein from the loins of certain political influentials. :yes:

I feel sorry for the cops of today but I must admit that some of them have lowered my respect for the police force considerably!

Then again I reckon someone else is to blame for their behaviour. :shutup: Say no more, John.

spudchucka
18th November 2006, 21:02
All the cops I've spoken to say that a "domestic" is about the scariest situation to be called to as the emotions are running riot and they have no idea what they will find there. Often messy.

The fact that around 80% of homicides in NZ are domestic related is a good indication of how things can turn quickly to crap at dommies. Its also a good indicator of why police take a hard line on domestic violence and why front line police need tools like tazers to protect themselves.

Shadows
18th November 2006, 21:16
You need to note that the guy was cuffed at the time, too.

Dave

I think you also need to note that the jumped up whining little puke was obstructing police, resisting arrest, and generally being a pain in the arse. Not to mention Iranian.

RantyDave
18th November 2006, 22:20
I think you also need to note that the jumped up whining little puke was obstructing police, resisting arrest, and generally being a pain in the arse. Not to mention Iranian.
No no. He wasn't resisting arrest, he wasn't even being arrested and he was in the process of leaving when the cops decided to help him. He's not Iranian, he has Iranian parents but himself is American.

He was, however, being a jumped up whining little puke who should have been picked up, thrown out of the building, and told to shut the fuck up. The problem was the cops being substantially less competent in this role than an average night club bouncer.

I also note one of NZ's first Tasees received his treatment at four in the morning while breaking a restraining order and terrifying his ex wife. On reflection I think I'm all for Tasers, although I have concerns about the quality of the training their users will receive.

Dave

Shadows
18th November 2006, 22:40
He was, however, being a jumped up whining little puke who should have been picked up, thrown out of the building, and told to shut the fuck up. The problem was the cops being substantially less competent in this role than an average night club bouncer.

The average night club bouncer would never have provided such great entertainment though!

Laava
18th November 2006, 23:07
I work with an ex cop who told me of this incident. They had a very large prostitute bundle her self into a wardrobe and expand herself in there so the cops couldn't get her out. I have no idea why they needed her out, anyway ex cops partner casually grabbed her by the nipple and extracted her from the tight place!
You can bet that if the cops tried to get nipple grippling as their last line of defence, it wouldn't go down well. I guess tasering is the next best thing.
Same guy had an interviewee outside a knock shop, and some guy just wandered over and blew the guys brains out with a pistol, then handed it to my mate. This is in Sth Auck about 10yrs ago. Can't say I'd want to do their job! Not unless I have the right to nipple gripple!:done:

Swoop
19th November 2006, 14:50
They (the police) deal with the worse society has to offer.
Yeah! Guarding the politicians (and especially Heilen) would suck!:yes:

:done:

Lou Girardin
20th November 2006, 05:54
There were NO initial reports of the incident. The Harold reporters were tipped off about it and confronted Police management, who then knew the jig was up and came clean.
Like I said, cock-ups happen, but lying to Parliament (effectively to us) is not what you'd expect of law enforcement agencies.

Lias
20th November 2006, 09:38
I've had more than my share of being harassed by cops, but for the most part they just do their job and put up with alot of abuse.

If I was a copper and some guy even handcuffed and sitting on the ground was going on about what a slut my mother was or that he'd fucked my sister I'd probably pepper spray the cunt too, and good job.

My sister went out with a bloke for a few years, and his dad was an ex cop of 30 odd years (Murray Forbes, ex head of the AOS/STG for those of you who may know him or of him). He had some good stories about the old days I can tell you. One that sticks out was a young guy being taken away who made repeated comments to the cop driving the car about how he'd rooted his slut of a daughter up the arse and such. Cop sat there and took it for awhile, then beat the shit out of him.

Some of our more liberal members wouldprobably scream "police brutality" over that, but I just think good job, got what he deserved. Walk a few miles in the coppers shoes and see what your attitude is like imo.

Pixie
20th November 2006, 10:22
There are too many big fat unhealthy bastards in the top jobs, probably ingesting too much chocolate protein from the loins of certain political influentials. :yes:

I was talking to a retired cop in Mangawai,last week,he was a top detective in Takapuna,I think.Thomas was his name.
He said he wasn't impressed with the way the police operate today,he blames it on all todays cop management being former MOT management who brown nosed their way into power

Pixie
20th November 2006, 10:25
I work with an ex cop who told me of this incident. They had a very large prostitute bundle her self into a wardrobe and expand herself in there so the cops couldn't get her out. I have no idea why they needed her out,

Obviously there was no room in there for the cop too

idb
20th November 2006, 11:02
I so want this story to be true...it's such a hoot.
Imagine the shit that guy gets in the smoko room!

If it hadn't been his own family involved I'd say the 'offender' would have been incapacitated with laughter anyway.

Hmmm...........there's a possible new alternative for restraint that could be tried.
Have a 'Big Book of Law Enforcement Jokes For the Effective Restraint of Subjects' in a locked cabinet in the boot of each cop car and bring it out to reduce the bad guys to tears of helpless laughter.

I might send a note to Nandor or Sue Kedgeley to see if they might be interested putting a private member's bill together.

They might have to have training in the delivery though, not like you see on tv interviews..."It was alleged that a public thoroughfare was negotiated on foot by what was described by eyewitnesses as most likely answering the description of a chicken. Some person or persons must know the reason for this activity and we appeal for any information."

silverado
20th November 2006, 11:53
Like I said, cock-ups happen, but lying to Parliament (effectively to us) is not what you'd expect of law enforcement agencies.[/QUOTE]

They are only following the parliment example aren't they.:blip: :rofl:

Tasers and crims. Cry me a fucking river....

mstriumph
20th November 2006, 15:02
What are they paying these days?

http://www.stepforward.wa.gov.au/faq.php#5[/URL]
about $46k for raw recruits i hear - would be more for experienced imports i suspect :sunny: -- but looking at the website they've already closed applications.........

The Stranger
20th November 2006, 15:11
That's why they can't be trusted, they're bloody liars.

Mind you Lou, the taser and pepper spray was used to great effect.
Poor bastard saw his family being decimated and gave himself up.

Smorg
21st November 2006, 04:12
I can hit a offender in the eye from 50 yards with my taser..........

Lou Girardin
21st November 2006, 05:56
One that sticks out was a young guy being taken away who made repeated comments to the cop driving the car about how he'd rooted his slut of a daughter up the arse and such. Cop sat there and took it for awhile, then beat the shit out of him.

Aren't you missing the point? We don't need a Police force that acts like street thugs when they're upset. They're there to protect society.
If they can't elevate themselves above the scum they deal with, what does that make them?
The scumbag in your story actually won.

Ixion
21st November 2006, 06:41
No, there are no winners in such a situation. But we are all the losers. Police are not given weapons and power in order that they may bash up people they dislike with impunity. They are given them in order to protect themselves and the public from attack, and to secure miscreants and bring them to trial. Any use they make of them beyond that is abuse.

scumdog
21st November 2006, 15:47
No, there are no winners in such a situation. But we are all the losers. Police are not given weapons and power in order that they may bash up people they dislike with impunity. They are given them in order to protect themselves and the public from attack, and to secure miscreants and bring them to trial. Any use they make of them beyond that is abuse.

That's why we have discretion; the drop-kick crim will soon talk himself into that extra ticket that will tip them over the 100 demerits, that extra or more serious charge that will give them another 100 hours more 'community work' - no weapons needed, no abuse of power needed.:innocent:

Lou Girardin
21st November 2006, 17:45
That's why we have discretion; the drop-kick crim will soon talk himself into that extra ticket that will tip them over the 100 demerits, that extra or more serious charge that will give them another 100 hours more 'community work' - no weapons needed, no abuse of power needed.:innocent:

You should be a trainer. It'll never happen with common sense attitude like that though.

cheese
21st November 2006, 18:21
Would you rather that he had a gun and shot them all?

Toaster
25th November 2006, 21:14
Yeah! Guarding the politicians (and especially Heilen) would suck!:yes:

:done:

Yep, really does suck.

I found the contents of my handkerchief more interesting the last time I blew my nose.

Ixion
12th December 2006, 11:12
Its bullshit it didnt happen like that.

I dont give a fuck anymore. When the truth about tv3 editing the footage with the cop spraying the guy on the ground came out nobody gave a shit. Even the broadcasting standards authority didnt give a shit.

Everybody is happy to put the dagger in...

What was the truth ? And what did they edit out/in ?