PDA

View Full Version : Anyone like Red Bull?

Fishy
20th November 2006, 13:24
Torpedo 7 a company in Hamilton who I buy mountain bike accessories from have got a deal on sugar free red bull at the moment....24 bottles for $29.95

http://www.torpedo7.com/page/bikes/PROD/Clearance/RED-NUT-BOT-24

Postie
20th November 2006, 13:32
sugar free redbull, whats the point? thats like alcohol free beer

Fishy
20th November 2006, 13:35
I still quite like the taste of it....

with a good amount of jagermeister that is

LilSel
20th November 2006, 13:46
I love Red Bull....
Just not the sugar free one lol... bugger!! if it was the real stuff I would have been keen for a couple of boxes.

we have the best red bull here too..!!

In Australia, Venezuela and Argentina... its not as good for some reason

Dooly
20th November 2006, 14:28
I love sugar free RB.

Wonder why its so cheap?

skelstar
20th November 2006, 14:31
Cheers for that link.

Freakshow
20th November 2006, 14:36
I love sugar free RB.

Wonder why its so cheap?

A while back Sugar free "V" was 50c/can as it was about to expire. Its not popular enough for the ammount they made! check the best before.

Fishy
20th November 2006, 14:43
I love sugar free RB.

Wonder why its so cheap?

Not sure mate,

I bought the exact same deal a while back from www.firstin.co.nz and there was nothing wrong with them, they weren't expired either.

Pretty good deal though eh.

Drunken Monkey
20th November 2006, 15:48

Wonder why its so cheap?

Becuase the guy has a rich dad and just does this to annoy channel suppliers on occasion. He flogs odd stuff off at pretty close to cost from time to time. Sometimes the manufacturers see this and have a fit, typically telling off the official channel supplier (who usually hasn't got any control over what this guys sells anyway), while this Torpedo 7 guy has a laugh. All a result of the parallel importing laws. Better prices for you and I, but someone's got to take a hit somewhere. On the other side fo the coin, you could say he's keeping the brands honest.

Ghost Lemur
20th November 2006, 16:01
I've been considering the G35 and G40 hydration packs he has. Filling them up with free redbull could the incentive I need to to buy. Wouldn't want sugar free though

bane
20th November 2006, 16:16
On the other side fo the coin, you could say he's keeping the brands honest.

given it costs about 25 cents per litre to make - a bit further to go to make the brand "honest". RB have taken the term value add to a whole new level...

Colapop
20th November 2006, 16:54
If you're ever involved in a Red Bull event (Flugtag or Trolley GP for example) they give you trays of the stuff, 4 or 5 trays at a time, each week! That shit rots your insides - head and body...

Ghost Lemur
20th November 2006, 17:42
Irrespective of what you think of the drink itself you have to love the company. How many motorcycle events wouldn't exist if it wasn't for their sponsorship dollars. US GP, MotoGP academy, Erzberg Rally, Romaniacs, Last Man Standing.

Then there's the non motorcycle events. Stuntflying, mountain biking, etc, etc.

I'll drink a Redbull in support.

Whynot
20th November 2006, 20:44
A while back Sugar free "V" was 50c/can as it was about to expire. Its not popular enough for the ammount they made! check the best before.

fuck, when was this ???
V is the greatest drink ever made :first:

xwhatsit
20th November 2006, 20:51
I don't mind the energy drinks when I don't have a choice, but my favourite pre-hard-work boost is a good old double-shot espresso. None of this sugar bullshit, and those pussies who add milk to their coffee are just weak.

That said, a V or Red Bull goes down nearly as well, although they taste a bit arsy and don't quite have the same punch as a good espresso.

skelstar
21st November 2006, 08:44
Case turned up this morning.

Best before 24/3/07...

Fishy
21st November 2006, 08:48
Case turned up this morning.

Best before 24/3/07...

Quick delivery eh!, they have awesome customer service Torpedo 7.

Fishy
21st November 2006, 08:50
That shit rots your insides - head and body...

Thats why you should always dilute it with Jagermeister.

Deano
21st November 2006, 08:51
There will be free Red Bull at the sprints this Sunday. And even better - handed out by hotties.

SPman
21st November 2006, 14:02
Got some free Red Bull from a hottie at the Autobahn, from one of those Mini utes they have driving around. -

Fuck it was horrible!

Now I know where they get the name from....

Bull piss!

Fishy
21st November 2006, 14:08
Fuck it was horrible!

haha each to their own eh mate,

personally I love the taste of Red Bull.

skelstar
21st November 2006, 14:11
Same. Was gutted when the quantity went down, but thats been covered in other threads.

A can of the stuff cost $6 at a pool hall in town the other day.

Fishy
21st November 2006, 14:39
Same. Was gutted when the quantity went down, but thats been covered in other threads.

A can of the stuff cost $6 at a pool hall in town the other day.

Yep blimmen pricey in pubs and clubs too. $9-$11 for a vodka and red bull.

I wish they would bring it out in 1.5l bottles like they did back around 1998 with Top Secret and Bull Rush energy drinks.

Colapop
21st November 2006, 15:48
Irrespective of what you think of the drink itself you have to love the company. How many motorcycle events wouldn't exist if it wasn't for their sponsorship dollars. US GP, MotoGP academy, Erzberg Rally, Romaniacs, Last Man Standing.

Then there's the non motorcycle events. Stuntflying, mountain biking, etc, etc.

They certainly spend a bucket load on sponsorship - which is great. That part I do like.

Thats why you should always dilute it with Jagermeister.
It's better with 42 below - I just leave out the Red Bull.

Fishy
28th November 2006, 11:05
This time its not the sugar free stuff its the normal stuff in 250mm cans.

4 pack for $7.50.

http://www.torpedo7.com/page/bikes/PROD/Nutrition_Accessories/RED-NUT-4PAC

skelstar
28th November 2006, 11:36
Not bad...not bad. Cheers for putting these links up Fishy.

Fishy
28th November 2006, 12:35
Not bad...not bad. Cheers for putting these links up Fishy.

No probs mate, I'm normally lookin for different bike bits on Torpedo7 anyway's so I thought I would share the specials that come up.

skelstar
28th November 2006, 12:39
probikekit is supposed to be pretty cheap too eh...