PDA

View Full Version : Happy memories of my ginny

Blueskies
20th November 2006, 19:00
Hi KB'ers well the new bike is almost here and it's time to think of selling my great little Suzuki gn. I have had loads of fun and lessons on this little bike and hate to see her go :bye: but no use leaving her standing in the garage.
I have just put her on Trade Me and will advertise on this site ( soon as I find out how to upload photos ).
Doesn't seem like almost a year since I first started riding.
I plan on some long distance riding this summer, so hopefully I will get to meet up with some of you out there. Looking forward to it . . .

Hitcher
20th November 2006, 19:01
So have you got a replacement yet for the Mighty GN?

Blueskies
20th November 2006, 19:09
Yes. I settled on a Vulcan 900. Low centre of gravity so I can lift it easily - and that means plenty for starters. Yeah, I know it's a vast jump from the ginny. But am going for it. Grannies can do anything - or so this granny believes ! !

Hitcher
20th November 2006, 19:18
You've chosen well, grasshopper. If it weren't for the spokes, I am sure Mrs H would have a Vulcan 900. Not that she has any complaints about her Mighty Marauder! And Mrs H also went straight from a 250 (in her case an EL250 Eliminator) to an 800 Marauder. No worries! A bigger bike is in many ways easier to ride than a little one.

Blueskies
20th November 2006, 19:28
Thanks for the positives Hitcher. I appreciate it. Will post my adventures on the Vulcan.
And good on Mrs H.

apteryx_haasti
20th November 2006, 20:28
On ya, blueskies! ENjoy the upgrade. And let us hear all about the new bike!

[jealously counts months until own upgrade....]

Blueskies
21st November 2006, 14:21
Will do apteryx haasti, am excited, nervous and just plain can't wait.
Have you decided yet what your own upgrade will be to ?

slinky
21st November 2006, 14:39
I also had a big jump
from a 250RR to a 900 fireblade..... though i had a year and a half of no riding.
just got my 'upgrade' 2 weeks ago :D
was a bit worried about the extra weight, and whether i could push it around ok. im doing alright so far!!

Blueskies
26th November 2006, 15:16
I rode the Vulcan this morning. It was fine tho my feet occasionally wanted to go back to GN position.

Hitcher
26th November 2006, 15:51
It was fine tho my feet occasionally wanted to go back to GN position.

It will take you about two days riding, tops, to get out of that habit.

Edbear
26th November 2006, 15:56
I rode the Vulcan this morning. It was fine tho my feet occasionally wanted to go back to GN position.

Piccies of the new bike? They are getting some good write-ups around the world. What's it like for pillioning?

Blueskies
29th November 2006, 11:58
Yes Edbear, I have read many of the writeups re the Vulcan and they seem pretty good. I have ridden it only 145 k's so far and am taking it very carefully but enjoying it heaps.
Pillioning ? Anyone who would pillion with me right now would be brave indeed - so I don't know, but it is a really smooth machine to handle, even for newb like myself. As for piccies . . . errr yes. I have them but have not discovered how to upload them yet ! ! I will keep trying.