PDA

View Full Version : Motorcyclist bails out as drunk SUV driver goes on rampage

Bob
13th July 2004, 23:58
A drunken driver deliberately drove at a group of bikers in Anchorage. Ray Warner leapt from his bike, moments before the SUV crashed into it.

The SUV was aimed straight at Warner and 13 other biker friends about to ride out of town on a late-night cruise.

"My mind blanked" Warner recalled "I didn't know what to do. The only thing I could think of to do was jump off the bike. I bailed." He bruised his shoulder and got road rash on his elbows but was otherwise all right. No one else was injured.

Police identified the driver of the Blazer as Linda Denison of Anchorage. She was arrested at the scene and charged with drunken driving and with refusing to submit to a breath test, according to police.

Ghost Lemur
14th July 2004, 15:44
I hope they plan on doing her for attempted murder too. :argh:

scumdog
14th July 2004, 16:16
See, they're right those SUVs ARE more dangerous than regular cages. :blink:

Motu
14th July 2004, 16:54
Amatuers,I'll have to send her my video of 'How to Take Out Motorcyles The Easy Way',step by step instructions even a yank could understand.

dhunt
14th July 2004, 17:22
"My mind blanked" Warner recalled "I didn't know what to do. The only thing I could think of to do was jump off the bike. I bailed." He bruised his shoulder and got road rash on his elbows but was otherwise all right. No one else was injured.

Just curious, does anyone have any better ideas on what to do in a case like this?

David

sAsLEX
14th July 2004, 17:38
I am suprised half of them didn't open up on her with their handguns! :2guns:

Ghost Lemur
14th July 2004, 18:48
I am suprised half of them didn't open up on her with their handguns! :2guns:

... bikers in Anchorage...

iirc Anchorage is in Canada. Hense the lack of firearm retaliation.

Wenier
14th July 2004, 20:06
well wut else is there to do than bail and hope u land out of the SUVs path.

sAsLEX
14th July 2004, 20:30

canada has a higher percentage of firearms per capita i think

scumdog
14th July 2004, 21:23

My last recollections was that Anchorage was in Alaska - USA, but I am prepared to stand corrects :confused: