PDA

View Full Version : Carbon F. Sneek Peek Only

jade
21st November 2006, 17:26
Ok ladies well Ive been a busy boy since I crashed my bike, Repainted all fairings myself and have stickers put back on them, I also made a certain fairing off my bike out of fibreglass and carbon, you lucky ladies are about to get a sneek peek. sneek peek because Im not posting up many pics yet, Ill do that when my bikes back in 1 piece and I have ALL the photos (hopefully Saturday)
Anyway, these photos are the fairing I made out of Fibre Glass and carbon, check out my profile pick to see the original fairing around the seat on my bike
Process... I lay straight up over the original fairing with fibreglass... (after waxing it naturally..) waited for it to cure and then trimmed it back to the right shape, I then gave it a grind up just to fair it up a bit... then I popped it off the original fairing (thanx to the wax) and lay the carbon twill over it and dabbed resin on it with a brush, Once it was tacky I put plenty more resin on it so I had something to fair up when I went to sand it, grinding, shaping sanding etc went on for sometime before I clear coated it, then more sanding, clearcoat, sanding, clearcoat, sanding clearcoat etc... this Is what I came away with, sorry for the brief work description but im not in the mood right now !!..
anyway... the product..

jade
21st November 2006, 17:28
Finished product...
P.s, the green tape is just for a flange I have yet to put in so the tailpiece will butt join with this fairing

Hmm.. not letting my post pics right now, they will come..

hurricane_r
21st November 2006, 17:32
wow carbon turns me on big time, having a chunk like that infront of me, i couldnt resist taking a bit, or trying to,,,, hmmmmmmn carbon.......

jade
21st November 2006, 17:36
as above...

onearmedbandit
21st November 2006, 17:38
Wow, very nice.

jade
21st November 2006, 17:47
sorry for the long load times, im not that great with computers and dont really know how to change the pic formats...
Im 20 atm, will have finished my boatbuilding apprentiship within 8months..
will go bb overseas for a few years and hopefully come home with enough cash to start my own business doing this...
Like I said Plenty more pics to come of the rebuild I just wanna do it all at once when I have my bike back in one piece (saturday)
The chassis and engine are currently in H town getting the frame straightened !!! anyways, been promised the bike back on saturday, put her back together and im back on road..expect pics
peace

hurricane_r
21st November 2006, 17:49
carbon = sex

R6_kid
21st November 2006, 18:03
nice work cam, you got some skills bruv!

MVnut
21st November 2006, 20:17
Excellent..........I also have a carbon fetish, you wanna make me a carbon numberplate ?? Need carbon...............:rockon:

emaN
22nd November 2006, 10:10
dude, that's come up looking sweeeeet! nice work & result!

am currently working on my own "tail project" too
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=20547

Kflasher
22nd November 2006, 11:11
That does look cool, I have no idea bout glassing, but you have given me idea's now...

Tim 39
24th November 2006, 22:38
looks realy awesome!!! sounds like hard work though

R6_kid
27th November 2006, 18:06
so Cam, where are the pics?

jade
28th November 2006, 16:48
Haha... you mite have to wait for the weekend... Bikes finished and riding like a dream... Im just doing a cashie painting some fairing atm But ill get all the pics and post em in a thread in sportsbikes by sat at the latest !

lukelin250
28th November 2006, 19:14
ohh nice one, thats awesome being able to do that carbon fibres fucking awesome.