PDA

View Full Version : Help! 2 stroke problem

Reevesy
21st November 2006, 21:22
Hey.

I'm having some problems with my bike. I'll start at the start. I brought a KR1-S, running fine for a while, then I noticed it started running quite rough. After a couple more (very short) rides I hit a large problem, it would run for 5-10mins and then die. Lose all power. But after a few more kicks, more often than not, it would start up and be good for another 5-10mins. I have done a bit of maintenance. New air filter (crumbling), new reed valves (cracked), new spark plugs (very fouled), cleaned out all the jets (some were blocked), and also all fresh fluids. The pistons seem fine, the exhaust is clear, the power valves are in good nick and move smoothly, fresh charged battery. :brick: I'm running out of ideas guys, and would appreciate any help or advice. Oh by the way, it runs clean and smooth now, but it will still die after 5 or 10mins :angry2:

Please help me

TLDV8
21st November 2006, 22:32
Gas cap vent maybe....What kind of fuel tap do they have,vacuum operated perhaps.

Brian d marge
22nd November 2006, 01:20
what color dem plugs ??? just a guess ,,,its not flooding is it??

Stephen

The answer lies in the plugs ,,,,,

MSTRS
22nd November 2006, 09:06
Most likely a fuel issue. Floats too high - flooding. Possibly. More likely a partial blockage between the tank and carb. Strip the tap, replace the hose, fit a new filter. Use the largest bore hose you can and hold at both ends with worm-drive hose clamps.

Sketchy_Racer
22nd November 2006, 13:27
Yep your running out of fuel....

Start checking the tank for crap and any kinked or blocked lines and filters.

If still no luck, set your float levels.

Good luck! :niceone:

Retro XR guy
20th December 2006, 06:17
sounds a bit like a sealed fuel tank....put a hose on the fuel tap and run it into a container to make sure youve got continuous flow ....a coil breaking down may be another prob if you find the fuel system ok....good luck

avgas
20th December 2006, 06:36
kinked lines

I second this as the KR has a horrible problem if someone doesnt notice this while the tank goes on - it folds over the fuel hose