PDA

View Full Version : Vic Motorcycle Club

Eddieb
14th July 2004, 08:40
Anyone know anyone like the treasurer in it?

I sent off my membership application over 2 weeks ago with the aim of getting that so I can get a race license so I can race in the buckets on the 25th of this month.

The cheque hasn't been banked yet, the person who's name and number is on the bottom of the application form hasn't been involved in the club for at least 18 months so can't tell me a thing, and the treasurer listed on their website doesn't answer either of his phones or reply to messages it would seem. In fact the home number might be disconnected going by the tone when I ring it.

Given theres only 11 days to go and Vic don't seem to have done squat it's not looking good for the 25th.

I've been running around organising a bike and everything else and will be well pissed if I can't race this month.

Racey Rider
14th July 2004, 08:50
This is the info I have current at March 04.
President: Barry New 04 939 6127
Treasurer: Yvonne Mexted 04 388 8249
Membership Sec: Dee & Jarrod Wintle 04 461 6500

Good luck getting it together.
I know the feeling, trying to get it together for the first race day.

White trash
14th July 2004, 09:32
Anyone know anyone like the treasurer in it?

I sent off my membership application over 2 weeks ago with the aim of getting that so I can get a race license so I can race in the buckets on the 25th of this month.

The cheque hasn't been banked yet, the person who's name and number is on the bottom of the application form hasn't been involved in the club for at least 18 months so can't tell me a thing, and the treasurer listed on their website doesn't answer either of his phones or reply to messages it would seem. In fact the home number might be disconnected going by the tone when I ring it.

Given theres only 11 days to go and Vic don't seem to have done squat it's not looking good for the 25th.

I've been running around organising a bike and everything else and will be well pissed if I can't race this month.

Just do what I'm going to do and join the AMCC.

They seem to have their shit together a little better.

Eddieb
14th July 2004, 11:25
Just do what I'm going to do and join the AMCC.

They seem to have their shit together a little better.

Yea very tempted, I tried a few of those numbers this morning and they are either unanswered, probably cause people are at work or again I get funny tones instead of it ringing.

F5 Dave
14th July 2004, 12:21
Ring Barry to give him a wind up about how his papa aint been updating the site & how hard it is to join the club. Works at Saywers.

Eddieb
14th July 2004, 12:31
Ring Barry to give him a wind up about how his papa aint been updating the site & how hard it is to join the club. Works at Saywers.

Just rang Sawyers, Barry is on holiday for the next few weeks.
:argh: :brick: .......................trying to be :calm:

Marknz
14th July 2004, 16:56
Call Bayden Sprozen who runs the bucket meetings. I'm pretty sure that if you pay him the necessary dosh he can sign you up to a small club that is affiliated to MNZ and will allow you to run on the 25th. I'll send yo his mobile number via PM

Eddieb
14th July 2004, 17:33
Call Bayden Sprozen who runs the bucket meetings. I'm pretty sure that if you pay him the necessary dosh he can sign you up to a small club that is affiliated to MNZ and will allow you to run on the 25th. I'll send yo his mobile number via PM

Thanks Mark, I rang Bayden who put me onto Barry New at home, so I've left a message there. Apparently Barry is staying local while off work.

LB
15th July 2004, 05:19
They had their AGM a while ago, Barry ain't the Prez any more, and my understanding is that all the other office bearers changed too. Derek Hill (F3 racer) is now Prez. I'll see if I can find his details. I did mention to him at Manfeild that the website is horribly out of date.

I get pissed off with websites that aren't current (not just Vic Club, there's heaps of them) - if they can't be kept up to date they shouldn't bloody have them.

LB
15th July 2004, 05:23
From nzmcnews.com website, dated 15th June: (website is run by Daryl New, Barry's Dad)

"Elected last night were:

President ,Derek Hill
Vice Pres,Socials Jim Cottle
Vice Pres,Racing Mel Jackson
Secretary, Vacant,DN has resigned
Treasurer, Yvonne Mexted

Former President Barry New was not available for re
election after having held a committee position for 15 years.
Steve Scullion assisted by Hamish Laing( two times NZ TT winner) will start Junior Coaching,after a training session with Nick Reader. "

You could try contacting Daryl at daryl@nzmcnews.com - I'm sure he'll have contact details for someone who can help.

Good luck Eddie, let us know how you get on.

Eddieb
6th August 2004, 11:12
I've had several contacts with Derek Hill over the past few days and my membership has now been processed and posted, so I expect to see it in the next few days. Others in the same situation should also see theirs shortly.

To quote Derek:

We are all well aware of issues with the club and have only just started sorting these things out. Over the past month we have had a complete change of admin as unfortunately the old admin folk have let things go somewhat. We are kind of going through a rebuilding process. Things like the website and info sources are being worked on.

svs
6th August 2004, 17:13
I'm trying to help sort things out. esp. with the web site. The thing is its one thing with everyone saying .... is crap, then finding someone to provide the content. So - apart from updating the out-of date stuff, what would you like to see on a Vic club web site?

For a sneak preview of something that may never see the light of day see http://vicclub.dnsalias.net . Standard disclaimer: This is a work in progress, its running at my house. it may go really slow. it may not work at all. whatever happens - don't blame me.

Marknz
6th August 2004, 17:52
well it's 100% better already... well done SVS!

Kickaha
6th August 2004, 18:14
well it's 100% better already... well done SVS!

Wot he said,top effort and a gazillion times better than the old one.

Eddieb
7th August 2004, 08:40
Thats looking really good.

Certainly from my recent experience people want to be able to access race results and standings from Vic meets, plus find out about Vic organised events. Othat than that the accuracy of contact details and actual ability to make contact and get a reply was the biggest issue by far.

Pickle
7th August 2004, 16:44
So when is the next round at Manfield?? or the next open day at Manfield??

svs
7th August 2004, 18:41
Lynda posted all the dates here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=2530)

LB
8th August 2004, 06:28
SVS: that looks really good - great work.

Yeah, I agree with Eddieb - we want to see:

- up-to-date results both race meetings and series standings
- easily accessible entry forms for both races and Club membership/renewals
- up-to-date contact details

Links to other sites (other Clubs, WSB MotoGP etc) would be helpful not absolutely necessary.

Thanks for offering to help out SVS. :)