PDA

View Full Version : Dunedin 250 owners (I need a massive favour)

gamgee
22nd November 2006, 20:39
It's not for a couple of weeks, but I would really appreciate it if someone down here with a 250 could lend me their bike for a couple of hours, In return I'm offering a full tank of gas and a brand new wof as payment and I'll leave either my cage or my new VFR400R NC30 as collateral
I've never crashed a bike in my life, and don't intend to start, but if the unthinkable were to happen I'd make sure you were sorted out.
So whose keen to help me out?

JimO
22nd November 2006, 20:41
love to mate but i dont have a 250 would a 750 do

gamgee
22nd November 2006, 20:42
cheers, but no, it's to sit my full licence test on, or does anyone know if any of the dealers down here rent bikes out?

crashe
22nd November 2006, 20:50
cheers, but no, it's to sit my full licence test on, or does anyone know if any of the dealers down here rent bikes out?

Do a ring around the dealers...... to see.
or go and take a 250 out for a test ride at the time needed for the test....
just make sure it is all legal etc....

Good luck when you do the test.

gamgee
23rd November 2006, 06:34
bump10characters

McJim
23rd November 2006, 07:12
Looks as though all the Dunedin Learners and Restricted riders ride large capacity bikes. :rofl:

gamgee
23rd November 2006, 07:22
Looks as though all the Dunedin Learners and Restricted riders ride large capacity bikes. :rofl:

hehe, I wouldn't be suprised ;)

Hellraiser
23rd November 2006, 07:43
I've never crashed a bike in my life, and don't intend to start

Your stuffed now, lady fate has probably read that part of your post and she's just waiting for someone to lend you their bike ......... Muhahahahaha

slinky
23rd November 2006, 07:53
I had to get the old honda cd250u sitting in the garage going!
.... no third gear,
and the friendly WoF man gave me a WoF with bald tyres and barely there front break pads after i told him it was just to get my fulll..........haha

gamgee
23rd November 2006, 08:46
Your stuffed now, lady fate has probably read that part of your post and she's just waiting for someone to lend you their bike ......... Muhahahahaha

I don't beleive in fate/karma/ or any of that other bs, I'm a careful rider, and would treat it carefully

JimO
23rd November 2006, 13:44
there is a outfit that rents out bikes but i dont know what they are called perhaps call SPV and arx them

gamgee
23rd November 2006, 14:48
there is a outfit that rents out bikes but i dont know what they are called perhaps call SPV and arx them

yeah I know who you mean, they rent them out for adventure rides, and they're all 650cc dual purpose bikes and cost $200 a day, hehe I checked that out...

Drum
23rd November 2006, 15:01
Have you tried the Dunedin Driving School? If they do BHS certificates they may well hire bikes.

Phone 03-454 4184

gamgee
23rd November 2006, 15:06
oh thats worth a try, I'll give them a call now, cheers

gamgee
23rd November 2006, 15:08
Have you tried the Dunedin Driving School? If they do BHS certificates they may well hire bikes.

Phone 03-454 4184

no one there, will try again later... i hate leaving messages on answering machines

gamgee
23rd November 2006, 15:20
haha crack up, I've sorted out hiring out a scooter of all things to sit my licence on, it's a 125 beastie getting it from mciver and vietch for $40, gawd this'll look great, me all my full bike gear riding a scooter

campbellluke
24th November 2006, 21:26
If you were desperate I would have lent you mine. My bikes already passed 2 others and myself for the full.

Good luck with license.

gamgee
24th November 2006, 21:42
yeah cheers for the offer, I'll just go with vietch's it's only $40 and saves all the hassle if some cager side swipes me or something, man you've got your full and still riding a 250? are you thinking about upgrading anytime soon? or just happy as is

campbellluke
24th November 2006, 21:58
I will keep it till it dies.

Totally happy. Only just over 50K on the clock. Engine hasn't been touched yet.

Won't quite do 180 but who cares? A 4 cylinder 250 is all you need for NZ.

There are no new bike models that I like. And I cannot really be bothered taking the risk's in an 80s bike when I don't see the point. - I know the pro's and cons with what I've got. So I'll just wait to this one starts having engine issues which will probably be past the 100,000k mark. Then consider moving on.