PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Wellington malt whisky gargre evening

Hitcher
14th July 2004, 18:12
Folks, I have been reminded of another commitment on Saturday 31 July. I can still arrange for the delivery of a Haggis on this night. But if another date in August was a possibility, then that would be terrific.

From the earlier thread it appears that there is enough interest to make this event worthwhile -- even for the sassenachs and heathen who cannae appreciate the marvels imbued in the water of life and, of course, the Haggis!

wkid_one
14th July 2004, 19:51
Is black pudding gonna be there as well?

riffer
15th July 2004, 00:01
Folks, I have been reminded of another commitment on Saturday 31 July. I can still arrange for the delivery of a Haggis on this night. But if another date in August was a possibility, then that would be terrific.

From the earlier thread it appears that there is enough interest to make this event worthwhile -- even for the sassenachs and heathen who cannae appreciate the marvels imbued in the water of life and, of course, the Haggis!
Bugger. And you were going to cook the haggis too.

No mind. If people are still interested I say we go for it still.

I'll just have to cook the haggis myself.

And wkid, if you want to bring black pudding, there's no problem cooking it.

Hmm. Wonder how the pregnant wife is going to handle all these interesting smells in the house? She's a bit of a worry at the moment with that kind of thing ;)

LB
15th July 2004, 05:39
Hamish and I still in for the 31st, though happy if the date changes as well.

Note: we're not eating haggis, and we're not drinking whisky, and we're also not eating black pudding. But we will be there to observe this secret ritual.

White trash
15th July 2004, 07:39
Hitcher, you piking bastard! Don't leave us now.

I'm keen for any date, just as long as I have notice to organise a sitter.

Celticno6, since meeting you and your lovely wife, her indoors has said I'm not allowed to go without her.

Bring on the Southern Comfort!!!!1

riffer
15th July 2004, 08:30
Celticno6, since meeting you and your lovely wife, her indoors has said I'm not allowed to go without her.
Wouldn't have it any other way matey.

The idea of 31st came up as it's a special day in our house, being the eve of Beltaine, the traditional celebration to mark the end of winter.

Therefore quaffing of tasty malts and a feast seemed entirely appropriate for the date.

I'm not too fussed over whether or not we do the haggis, especially as the cook is piking, but the scotch and stuff is still cool.

Anyway, do we really need a reason to get together?

I say we go for it!

bungbung
15th July 2004, 08:34
Unfortunately I'll either be in Auckland or Manila on the 31st, so I'll sadly have to remove myself and Lisa from the list of attendees. :cry:

riffer
15th July 2004, 08:40
Unfortunately I'll either be in Auckland or Manila on the 31st, so I'll sadly have to remove myself and Lisa from the list of attendees. :cry:
Sorry to hear it bungbung. Next time maybe...

:whistle:

riffer
15th July 2004, 09:03
Argh. I'm a month ahead of myself. Imbolc on August 1.

What a useless pagan I am...:laugh:

Hitcher
15th July 2004, 11:12
Apologies for any inconvenience and all that. I need better diary control, amongst other things.

But the offer still stands to organise a Haggis, if needed. Cooking instructions can be supplied -- they're pretty straightforward wee beasties to prepare, really!

riffer
15th July 2004, 11:21
But the offer still stands to organise a Haggis, if needed. Cooking instructions can be supplied -- they're pretty straightforward wee beasties to prepare, really!
I guess we need a show of hands for the haggis. Not sure if I can eat one all by myself.

So who's in?

James Deuce
15th July 2004, 11:31
Haggis - 1 hand up. Heather not inspired by Haggis.

riffer
15th July 2004, 12:53
Haggis - 1 hand up. Heather not inspired by Haggis.
Okay, so that's 2 for the haggis.

Ms Piggy
15th July 2004, 13:51
I can go with either date but if it stays as the 31st July it will be myself & Kickaha coming along :niceone: I may have to pike on my offer of bringing whisky though, I have a HUGE amount of study this semster so can't be getting too pissed. A whole day nursing a hangover is just too much :mellow:

riffer
15th July 2004, 14:07
I can go with either date but if it stays as the 31st July it will be myself & Kickaha coming along :niceone: I may have to pike on my offer of bringing whisky though, I have a HUGE amount of study this semster so can't be getting too pissed. A whole day nursing a hangover is just too much :mellow:
Yes well Gini won't be getting pissed for obvious reasons, so you'll be in good company.

James Deuce
15th July 2004, 14:09
Yes well Gini won't be getting pissed for obvious reasons, so you'll be in good company.

Heather's driving so there's another sober person :D

riffer
15th July 2004, 14:58
Heather's driving so there's another sober person :D
All the more single malt for those with discerning taste.