PDA

View Full Version : What to do...

Shazz
25th November 2006, 18:26
Hey, what should I do when someone views my photo on line and then tells me that "i have a nice scooter". Do I yell, scream, or waste the time and explain to him what exactly he is looking at!
:angry:

merv
25th November 2006, 18:41
Why not just be friendly and enjoy the fact you have such a ride?

crashe
25th November 2006, 18:55
Hey I had the bike accessor ring me up and asked to arrange to have a look at my 'moped' I said "Excuse me but its a bike".
He said "no. no I want to see your 'scooter'.
I said " Excuse ME ! dont insult me or my bike any further. IT IS A MOTORBIKE"
Then he said "But its a new scooter"
It was like WTF is this guy on.

I own a 1997 Virago motorbike.
I even said it is based on a Harley Davidson Sportster.
But no he still was calling it a scooter.

When we meet the next day I pointed and said "That is a Bike" pointing to my bike.

He then pointed out a 500cc scooter saying "OH I thought it was one of those".

Well things only went from bad to worse with this dude.

Yep he is a motorbike accessor and doesnt know what motorbikes look like.
Plus he hadnt even looked at a email with pic's of the damaged bike as it was.
He was assessing it as it was now partially fixed. WTF.

Virago's have been around for flaming years and they are still making the 250cc VIRAGO...... so he should have known.

So dont let the twats call your bike a scooter or a moped... when it is a bike.
If they dont know the difference well then.............

Mr. Peanut
25th November 2006, 19:00
Nice scooter, done any sweet jumps?

Flatcap
25th November 2006, 19:27
Hey, what should I do when someone views my photo on line and then tells me that "i have a nice scooter". Do I yell, scream, or waste the time and explain to him what exactly he is looking at!
:angry:

Just tell him it's nice to see that the retarded can learn to use a computer.

Colapop
25th November 2006, 21:59
Meh... it's just someone trying to pull your chain. It's online cock swinging, take no notice.

Go with it eh... none of us are getting any younger ;)

MyGSXF
25th November 2006, 22:13
.... explain to him what exactly he is looking at!

you hit the nail on the head yourself there babe.. :Punk: read my one liner below... & save your breath.. :msn-wink:

ps: God also gave them a brain & a penis.. & only enough blood to supply ONE at a time..!! :shutup:

Nutter34
26th November 2006, 01:22
Well, sometimes it's a context thing. Prior to owning the scooter, I used to refer to my bike as the scooter, since I was cycling at the time and saying I went out on the bike was confusing, since it could have been the motorbike or the bicycle. Now though, with having the bike and the scooter, it becomes a bit more complex since the scooter is a scooter and the bike is generally the motorbike, since I don't actually cycle any more...

Seriously, don't sweat the small things...

PS: Why is this in the scooter thread? It's not like it's really scooter related, now is it? :nya:

Paul in NZ
26th November 2006, 06:45
Back in the day - we used to call our chops / bikes 'scoots' or scooters... Perhaps it was a compliment?

MSTRS
26th November 2006, 09:17
Back in the day - we used to call our chops / bikes 'scoots' or scooters... Perhaps it was a compliment?

The Harley riders that I know here usually refer to their bikes as 'scoots'. How far back was 'back in the day'?

The Wop
26th November 2006, 11:12
Personally, I think it's a terrific compliment for someone to call that Jap thing a scooter. "Scooter" conjures images of cool, good looking Italians cruising around Rome on Vespas, sipping Espresso while eating Panini, admiring other similarly superior members of the human race (both physically and with impecable taste) and preparing to mate with said superior examples of humanity and hence create the next generation of perfection. I mean, it's like calling some outback yokel Sofia Loren. Which they mind?

:done:

Maha
26th November 2006, 11:29

I agree....if we are going out for a bite to eat or see someone, i will say ''shall we take the scooter''?...a term of endearment i think.....:love:

crashe
26th November 2006, 11:59
I agree....if we are going out for a bite to eat or see someone, i will say ''shall we take the scooter''?...a term of endearment i think.....:love:

So what will you call the little wee scooter that Mom is going to be getting then...
Will you both hop on that and go out for a bite to eat, on that together..... naturally Mom riding it with you on the back.

Ixion
26th November 2006, 12:06
Personally, I think it's a terrific compliment for someone to call that Jap thing a scooter. "Scooter" conjures images of cool, good looking Italians cruising around Rome on Vespas, sipping Espresso while eating Panini, admiring other similarly superior members of the human race (both physically and with impecable taste) and preparing to mate with said superior examples of humanity and hence create the next generation of perfection. I mean, it's like calling some outback yokel Sofia Loren. Which they mind?

:done:

Yeah yeah, all well and good, until it comes to the electrics. :dodge:

KATWYN
26th November 2006, 12:41
So dont let the twats call your bike a scooter or a moped... when it is a bike.
If they dont know the difference well then.............

How can these assessors assess if they don't know what they are looking
at?

Maybe some convincing qualifications really do come off the internet and
out of cereal cartons

Maha
26th November 2006, 20:49
So what will you call the little wee scooter that Mom is going to be getting then...
Will you both hop on that and go out for a bite to eat, on that together..... naturally Mom riding it with you on the back.

But of course, anything is possible, we are up to trying anything once, but keep that to yourself.....:innocent:

The Wop
27th November 2006, 09:16
Yeah yeah, all well and good, until it comes to the electrics. :dodge:
Never said anything about being reliable!

There are two points here. Firstly, assessing whether it is a compliment or insult is actually the perception of the receiver, not the sender and secondly, if someone gets so heated up about something as trivial as that, they probably need more hobbies.

Paul in NZ
27th November 2006, 09:40
The Harley riders that I know here usually refer to their bikes as 'scoots'. How far back was 'back in the day'?

Mid - late 70's before the HD invasion when a rigid 5T chop was cool, you had to make everything yourself, chrome was cheap, Easyriders was an indecent publication (banned) and I still thought I had a shot at immortality...

MSTRS
27th November 2006, 13:51
Mid - late 70's before the HD invasion when a rigid 5T chop was cool, you had to make everything yourself, chrome was cheap, Easyriders was an indecent publication (banned) and I still thought I had a shot at immortality...

Oh - you meant back before the dawn of time, then? My era too.:rockon:

mstriumph
27th November 2006, 14:22
have American buddies who refer to their bikes as 'scoots' or 'scooters' - mebbe it's a cross-cultural thingy?
[as opposed to a 'cross-making' thingy?]

life is waaaaaaaaaaay too short :sunny:

Paul in NZ
27th November 2006, 16:14
Oh - you meant back before the dawn of time, then? My era too.:rockon:

No - we had clocks - admittedly you had to either wind them up or only use them on sunny days but we had them. It was real time we had back then too, not this modern rubbish... A day lasted ages and a summer went on for ever...

MSTRS
27th November 2006, 16:45
No - we had clocks - admittedly you had to either wind them up or only use them on sunny days but we had them. It was real time we had back then too, not this modern rubbish... A day lasted ages and a summer went on for ever...

Ohhhh, wind-up clocks! We used to dream about having wind-up clocks. But our Dad said that if slave-operated hourglasses were good enough for his Dad then they were surely good enough for us. *sigh*
Course, it all changed when daylight-saving became popular. Played havoc what with all that extra sun fading the furniture and such....
Kids today - worrying about a bike being called a scoot/er...:mellow:

Ixion
27th November 2006, 16:53
Dson't mention daylight saving! Too many bad memories. Some fool told m' great grandfather Ikey McTavish about daylight saving (y'remember Ikey, the one who was mothed to death) . As usual Ikey got the wrong end of the stick.

After that all summer long we existed in perpetual darkness. Whenever a naive and gullible sunbeam strayed in the McTavish cave , he'd swoop down on with his net and before you could say hoots he'd have it locked up solid in a great chest. Blood out of a stone was nothing to Ikey after a sunbeam.

MSTRS
27th November 2006, 16:56
Now Ixion, you don't expect us to believe that, do you? Has the distinct sound of bull puckey, it does.

Ixion
27th November 2006, 17:24
You wouldn't think that if you knew Ikey. He was the only man I know who kept a special bank account for the money he derived from people foolish enough to say to him "a penny for your thoughts"

He took the FreeMasons to court once, claiming false advertising , after he turned up at the Freemason's Hall with his ass and cart , demanding the free masonry.

yungatart
27th November 2006, 18:09
He took the FreeMasons to court once, claiming false advertising , after he turned up at the Freemason's Hall with his ass and cart , demanding the free masonry.

I knew a man once (actually, I still know him), who, on driving past a sign saying "free range eggs" screeched to a halt, saying, "Oooh, free eggs, I'll be having some of them!'
Poor bugger, if you could have seen the crestfallen look on his face when I explained it to him... it nearly made me cry!
Course, he was of Scottish descent...