PDA

View Full Version : Track day Taupo 30/12/2006

FROSTY
25th November 2006, 22:00
Theres an open track day at Taupo on 30th of december.
Its gonna be a really relaxed deal with no scrutineering and 10-15 minute sessions.
The price is right too--$30.00 for the day
Its Part of
TAUPO MOTORCYCLE ROAD RACE SPECTACULAR

December 30th and 31st 2006
CENTENNIAL PARK RACEWAY, TAUPO.

•Saturday is a practice day, with a preliminary race or two in the afternoon
•Camping is available on Sat 30th at the track,
•Lunchtime entertainment – freestyle riding, wheelies, burnouts & stunts – trophy awarded for best crowd pleasing action. Also other events TBA.

Entries close Dec. 10th - PLEASE ENTER EARLY FOR PROGRAM.

Please forward entries or enquiries to:
Chris Lawrance, P.O. Box 121322 Henderson, Auckland Ph: 09 833 7920 or 027 240 3002 (before 9:00pm please)

Enquiries also to:
Andy Scrivener, Ph: 07 376 7036 or 025 604 5116 E-mail: andy.scrivener@clear.net.nz

Chris and Andy look forward to seeing you at our social on the Saturday night
Entry fees:
$30.00 for saturday track day only
Please make cheques payable to: ‘Road Race Spectacular’.

Using the new circuit extension, not the whole complete circuit.

I spoke to Chris today and DEFINITELY they want road bikes on the track on saturday .
Ill have hard copies of the entry forms with me

hurricane_r
25th November 2006, 22:05
bargain, il be there *hopefuly*, , hey frosty, dont forget , we have un-finished buisness

Meekey_Mouse
25th November 2006, 22:21
Hey Frosty, would this be ok for fairly new riders?

FROSTY
25th November 2006, 22:34
I honestly don't know Meekey--
Probably wont be the best to be honest--lots of race guys getting laps before the nationals

ajturbo
26th November 2006, 10:32
Hey Frosty, would this be ok for fairly new riders?

well as i will be there on my bucket... it really don't think it will be for new riders, as my bike will be going FAST ( i hope..lol) :done:

FROSTY
30th November 2006, 17:12
folks this is DEFINITELY on --but first up best dressed --there are limited entries

Skunk
30th November 2006, 21:05
I'll be there on one of my buckets.

(Eat my dust AJ!)

Sketchy_Racer
2nd December 2006, 18:59
I'll be there on both days...

On this crappy honda i found lying around....

Skunk
2nd December 2006, 23:34
So 9 Days to go means 'Now'?

FROSTY
3rd December 2006, 04:03
nope--1 month aweay

Shaun
13th December 2006, 05:25
I honestly don't know Meekey--
Probably wont be the best to be honest--lots of race guys getting laps before the nationals

Meekey, I would doubt that there will be LOTS of race guys there, the Nats start on the 7th of January in Invercargill

FROSTY
13th December 2006, 09:04
Meekey, I would doubt that there will be LOTS of race guys there, the Nats start on the 7th of January in Invercargill

And your point is?

cowpoos
13th December 2006, 09:06
And your point is?
that he doubts there will be lots of race guys there...

bugjuice
13th December 2006, 09:13
bit late isn't it..??
since the closing date for entries was the 10th December..??

personal note; bollox.

ajturbo
13th December 2006, 09:19
I'll be there on one of my buckets.

(Eat my dust AJ!)

is that each time i lap you???
also, please don't take it personaly when i elbo you off the track... it's just my way of saying.....i luv you:love: ,
NOW GET OUTA MY WAY LOOSER...:innocent:

FROSTY
22nd December 2006, 07:13
As far as im aware entrys for the track day are still open

bugjuice
22nd December 2006, 07:16
yup, can register now, and pay on the day, if I'm not mistaken..

scracha
29th December 2006, 08:43
yup, can register now, and pay on the day, if I'm not mistaken..

Just phoned Chris..talk about last minute. Basically I'm going down there to check out an F3/post classic bike (CBR400) that's for sale so thought I might as well get out on the track.

Might be a "mobile" chicane out on the track on an old VFR assuming I can get it through scruting.

Any assistance from the more mechanically minded in checking out the CBR400 would be REALLY]appreciated.

bugjuice
29th December 2006, 08:44
come gimme a shout if you want, I'll be the one on the conspicuous bike..

ajturbo
29th December 2006, 11:30
Just phoned Chris..talk about last minute. Basically I'm going down there to check out an F3/post classic bike (CBR400) that's for sale so thought I might as well get out on the track.

Might be a "mobile" chicane out on the track on an old VFR assuming I can get it through scruting.

Any assistance from the more mechanically minded in checking out the CBR400 would be REALLY]appreciated.
have a chat to BabyB.. she has a couple of them in her garage, she knows them.... she will be down on the sunday

pillion
29th December 2006, 15:23
Can anybody help me please? I am in Upper Hutt / Wellington but would really like to get to Taupo to watch some of this racing. Only I need a ride - one way - please - as I can get back to Wellington.

If there is anybody going up - in a cage - tomorrrow and has room for a little person please contact me. Refs available - just ask AJ Turbo or Frosty or ........

Axe mudrderers & Rapists need not apply.

cheers

scracha
30th December 2006, 18:58
come gimme a shout if you want, I'll be the one on the conspicuous bike..
As opposed to Frosty's pink one? I didn't have the nerve to ask people if they were "bugjuice" today.

Anyways, mission accomplished. Got back about 20 minutes ago and girlfriend has just poured me a Morgans and Coke. My face is like a lobster. Bloody ozone layer :-(

As predicted, I was a mobile chicane on the VFR. As on every trackday I ended up in the grass/gravel but managed to keep it up (ooer) as per usual. The viffer's forks were leaking and I probably should have took some air out the tyres as I run it at 34/43 psi. Didn't have a footpump or compressor though and didn't want to be seen as the scavenging pain in the arse newbie.

By the second last session the VFR felt like the front end was "hopping" while coming onto the power coming out of corners. Can't really explain it but it felt like braking with seriously warped disks while cranked over...except I wasn't braking. Maybe Taupo is just bumpy...I dunno. Just made the bike run even wider. Wasn't confidence inspiring so I didn't take it out on the track again.

Oh...and I sortov agreed to by a CBR400 race bike :-) Went out on it a couple of times. Made me remember what a decent handling modern(ish) bike felt like. Kakking myself around corners (the bike wasn't mine) but first thing I noticed (ok, 2nd thing after the reverse shift pattern that caused me to lock it up a few times while accellerating...oops) was the ability to brake way way WAY later than on the VFR bus. Weight transfer coming off the brakes to leaning was a lot nicer too. Felt very stable when leant over (well...it felt leant over to me but I'm sure there's many more degrees to go) and didn't display any of the understeer I'm used to on the viffer (you REALLY have to hang off the viffer and push/pull the bars to get it to go around...pant staining stuff if you go into a corner too hot). The best way I could describe the CBR would be confidence inspiring. Engine felt flat compared to the viffer though and had a nasty flat spot around 10,000 rpm. Screaming top end though :-)

I've got a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE learning curve to get to even tail end clubmans and F3 speeds though.

Now just need to get new boots, race license thingie and a trailer.

Felt a bit impolite leaving without even having a beer but to be honest, I was fucked and not looking forward to the ride home.