PDA

View Full Version : Alarms, immobilisers for bikes

Fub@r
26th November 2006, 21:43
Getting my hands on a near new GT250R in the next couple of days and even before its here I'm getting worried about security for it.

With my GN I was never worried, as lets face it who wants to steal one of them. :innocent:

What options are there in NZ for bike security. Only thing I have found is some really dodgy looking ones on Trademe or a $550 Mongoose.

I dont want anything top end, just something that can make a noise and at least make it difficult.

Disco Dan
26th November 2006, 21:54
do a google search for the CYCLONE C-11 ALARM SYSTEM.

Go straight to the UK supplier and it will cost you... wait for it... $60.

two options, talking or non talking. Easy to fit heaps of options... I have one and VERY happy...

I can even press button on remote and my bike starts up... :P

Fub@r
26th November 2006, 21:57
do a google search for the CYCLONE C-11 ALARM SYSTEM.

Go straight to the UK supplier and it will cost you... wait for it... $60.

two options, talking or non talking. Easy to fit heaps of options... I have one and VERY happy...

I can even press button on remote and my bike starts up... :P

Does the UK have Hyosungs? Saw the deal where you need to specifiy the make and model so they can give you the correct wiring diagram

Disco Dan
26th November 2006, 22:05
Im sure they do, it is VERY important to tell them what bike you have. There is some dude that has been selling them for over $100 on trademe... avoid !

When mine arrived, (very prompt) the instruction manual had been altered by them.. the wire colours are diferrent for each bike, and they had changed the wiring diagram to match my bike... you dont want to connect the wires up wrong and blow the ECU do you??

Email them, they are pretty quick to reply.

Allready offered one person on here this, PM me if you need help insttalling it.

Disco Dan
26th November 2006, 22:08
oh and there are two types: talking and non-talking.

Talking version:

Every time you put the key in ignition a voice says:

"Welcome to the Cyclone C-11 Alarm System"

When you remove the key:

"Please remember to arm the alarm"

and when bumped..

"Please step away, this alarm system is armed"

Bit of a novelty.. but i disconnected the speaker, because it was driving me NUTS.

Fub@r
26th November 2006, 22:13

Talking version:

When you remove the key:

and when bumped..

Bit of a novelty.. but i disconnected the speaker, because it was driving me NUTS.

Talking version would get annoying after awhile :)

Will email them and see what they say.

Morcs
1st December 2006, 10:50
I bought one of these alarms off turdme. paid $150. guy sent it by normal post 2 weeks ago from invercargill. still waiting for it. stoked.

GR81
1st December 2006, 11:02
LOL we used to have hours of fun setting off mongoose talking car alarms back in the day... until they shat themselves and went into disarm mode! ahahhahaha
*memories*

KLOWN
1st December 2006, 11:05
get a disk lock aswell, alarms aren't much of a deterent(sp?) if they really want your bike.

davereid
1st December 2006, 12:44
Used to park my car in a Wilson Carpark across the road from work. The car park guy was an ancient old man, who used to walk around checking the pay and display. I'd see him from my office, and every time he walked up to my car I'd set the alarm off with the remote. He couldn't work out how he was setting the alarm off, eventually he took to stalking my car - creeping up from behind, hiding behind other cars.

Anyway - to the point !
Alarms and immobilisers are great, no one wants to be seen lifting a bike onto the back of a ute with a siren, horn and flashing lights attracting attention.

But think twice before wiring up the immobiliser ! It can be hard enough to find why that #@*!# bike wont start without adding another reason.

And disc locks are great, specially the little master ones that don't leave any room to get at the hasp.

knight rider
20th July 2007, 21:29
anyone got a wiring diagram for the cyclone alarm?

knight rider
20th July 2007, 21:35
all good I found one :)

Hawkeye
21st July 2007, 19:56
Being a UK import, my bike came with an professionally fitted alarm. Full immobiliser (sp), which set's itself if I forget. I can either put it into just immobiliser or full alarm status.

skidMark
21st July 2007, 22:04
lol i can disable a motorbike alarm completely with one snip of a wire.

good thing i dnt steal bikes huh...... lol

u gotta install them decently, with relays n shit or it's too easy to get past, also recommend a disc lock.

bimotabob
23rd July 2007, 16:33
Watch your alarm battery doesn't go flat or you will be on the side of the road
trying to run a "bypass"

I'd go disc lock - some even have an alarm built in.

Also mind that alarm remotes don't always last like you would hope.
I have an alarm fitted to my handbuilt but If the remote plays up again I probably will rip the sucker out and tidy the butchered wiring up.

My RG500 was stolen (and recovered) from in the garage by dropkicks - security is a valid concern you should take it seriously.

50cc Scooters seem to be one of the main teenage joy rider's choice.

Cheers
Jason

babyblade250rr
23rd July 2007, 16:47
Getting my hands on a near new GT250R in the next couple of days and even before its here I'm getting worried about security for it.

With my GN I was never worried, as lets face it who wants to steal one of them. :innocent:

What options are there in NZ for bike security. Only thing I have found is some really dodgy looking ones on Trademe or a $550 Mongoose.

I dont want anything top end, just something that can make a noise and at least make it difficult.

Hey got my steelmate alarm for kneescraper he's down in gizzy, but for $68 including courier you can't complain, Had it installed, spanner night @ Gijoe's last friday night and works brilliantly no complaints from me!

breakaway
23rd July 2007, 17:11

Talking version:

When you remove the key:

and when bumped..

How much is shipping?