PDA

View Full Version : P.M.C.C round 2 Taupo 'new half'

Kyle
26th November 2006, 22:07
Well i missed the wet first round on the old half, but the crew were keen for this one, so early this morning at 5:45am we got on the road. I picked the 2.5ton truck with three bikes and the van took another two bikes and all the gear. I have to say open deck trucks sit on the road much nicer than wind catching vans.

Anyway we got there and the weather was looking abit shady but it was still dry. found the signin table hiding away in one of the unfinshed garages, they are nearly finshed at one end, paint going on.
Clubmans was up 3rd after F1 and motards so we were soon on the dummy grid for a practice. There was no grid placings for practice so i got myself near the front on the dummy grid. there was a few tiny drops of rain just as we began and i started out slow, but the track-day on friday had got me warmed up and i did well i think, in both practices. Focusing really hard on being smooth, main thing was dont crash. By the end of practices the sun was shining.

They werent using transponders so i can only guess how they were keeping lap score. some of the fields were huge but clubmans was only about 12, so we had the most space. flash technology aside they still seemed to have done a quailfiying during the practices.

Because i missed the first round, anyone from the first round automatically goes on the front rows, so i got inside edge on the second row, for the first race. Well down goes the green flag and we are off. I managed to get past a 400 who was in grid #1 spot and duck around the inside edge of turn one, just about on the white line.
I think im starting to get the hang of this smooth riding thing people were telling me about. It only took one big highside to hammer it in. So i managed to stay on this time and actully finshed a proper race on my cbr600, but id have to say the competition was somewhat lacking even for my old bike. they were all 400s or smaller except one gsxr600 with a 69year old rider, and a norton 500. so i kinda burgled the class i guess.
:first:
First place in the three races and 75 points in the series. This means i have to go to the 3rd round on the old track and the last round on the new track now. My goal is, if i can do them without crashing ill move upto f2 in the next series i enter.

I think the second f3 race had the most crashes with five riders going down all near the end of the race, the poor 'on the spot' marshalls couldnt keep up. One person in F1 managed to coax the ambulance out, but he was standing for abit so hopefully it wasnt too major. So all in all a great day for me, but a sore day for the many people that crashed, hope they feel better soon.

Id like to thank all the motorbikes that attended for letting us ride them like looneys.
And id have to thank the p.m.c.c people and anyone else that came along and helped. the volenteer marshalls deserve buckets of whiskey for being such good people. even if you just watched, good on ya.

:done:

Goblin
27th November 2006, 11:18
Was great to see you out there and staying upright! You were in a league of your own with a huge gap between you and the rest of the field. Well done on your awesome results. :2thumbsup Will be good to see you in f2.

:scooter:

emaN
27th November 2006, 12:58
Spotted ya at the motoTT day dude,but didn't get a chance to catch up...good to hear ya stayed on this time & had fun!

bumsex
28th November 2006, 11:56
yeah you da man bro.

beat all those novices out there wit 400cc and 250cc (of 1989/1990/1991 vintage)bikes (on your 600)
champion in the making.

emaN
28th November 2006, 12:10
but id have to say the competition was somewhat lacking even for my old bike. they were all 400s or smaller except one gsxr600 with a 69year old rider, and a norton 500. so i kinda burgled the class i guess.

yeah you da man bro.

beat all those novices out there wit 400cc and 250cc (of 1989/1990/1991 vintage)bikes (on your 600)
champion in the making.
botty boy, i'm guessing your reading & comprehension skills aren't quite there yet
he openly acknowledged he was on a better bike
i'd stick to tunnel testing if i were you

ajturbo
28th November 2006, 14:31
so you recon i could have a real good chance on my gt125 then..... :innocent:

bumsex
28th November 2006, 16:25
so you recon i could have a real good chance on my gt125 then..... :innocent:

cool bro. will let the name calling slide:its pointless:why resort to it?
don't really comprehend here: what relevance does your above statement have to the passages of this conversation.
A good chance of what? you need to be more specific bro

bumsex
28th November 2006, 16:29
botty boy, i'm guessing your reading & comprehension skills aren't quite there yet
he openly acknowledged he was on a better bike
i'd stick to tunnel testing if i were you

yes, you are right. I apologise.
you don't no me bro. there is a lot to be learned from tunnel testing mate.

emaN
29th November 2006, 09:00
he he...
think I'll leave the tunnel testing to those so inclined

Rossi Gal
29th November 2006, 09:32
Kyle!! Awesome results there!! well done! F2..what a great idea..im sure you'll do really well :) see you at the track again sometime soon