PDA

View Full Version : Goblins PMCC Round 2.

Goblin
27th November 2006, 12:46
Rotorua Rat Riders arrived at the track about 7.15am to join the que waiting for the track to open. Managed to score a handy pit by the pit lane and set up for the day. Got signed on and scrutineered and waited for the first of 2 practice sessions. This was my first race meeting on my own bike and on my competition licence so it was all new to me, I was as excited as a kid at christmas. I entered F3 and Post Classics so got to do four practice sessions. Was a little disapointed to see lap-scoring done the old fashioned way as I find the Tim Gibbes system really handy to analyse and compare lap times with myself and other riders.

First race Classics: As I hadn't done the previous round I thought I was meant to start from the back of the grid. Sort of got to the middle of the grid and got a flying start. Saw a gap and gunned it off the line and made up a few places. Settled into about mid field and just worked on staying upright. Finished in 8th place.
Second race F3: Came in from my first race and straight onto the dummy grid for F3. Was already warmed up for the warm-up lap and got onto the startgrid near the back. Got another flying start, made up a few places and loved the traffic jam at turn 1 :headbang: No doubt about the saying 'The bullshit stops when the flag drops.' It was a huge field so I finally got to do some good battling with other riders. Passed a few guys and was passed by others. Really enjoyed myself and came in 20th.
Third race Classics: Pretty much a repeat of the first race only I finished in 7th place.
Fourth race F3: Got yet another flying start and barged my way into turn 1 and tried to hold my ground but got passed by heaps and I dont think I managed to get passed anymore. Finished in 21st place.
Fifth race Classics: Pushed my way closer to the front of the grid only to stuff up the start. Was a really good race and I got to pass a few and came in 6th place.
Last race F3: Did the old get as close to the front as possible and charged off the line into the war zone that is turn 1! :love: Saw some swapping paint and dodging each other and let out a :woohoo: Managed to hold Gav off for 2 laps(I think) and was gutted to see him pass me. Was so much fun I didn't want the race to finish. For most of the last race I could hear a Motard right up my butt which made me try even harder. He eventually got past me and I came in 19th place.

I was totally blown away by the 32 starters in the Motard class!:gob: There were three riders who were in a league of there own though, Brendon Coad, Cody Someone #777 and one other who battled it out every race. Absolute pleasure to watch!

Great to see kickingzebra do so bloody well in F1:rockon: and it was great to meet your tiny...she's a real sweety. Also vtec, GarryH and Kyle who all raced really well. Sugilite who also turned up...all the best getting the suspension and tyres sorted before next time.:yes: And my fellow Rat Rider HDTBoy....Congratulations on the win and the bin! You did bloody well and are my favourite team mate!:niceone:
Good too see Meekey Mouse there checking it all out too. Thanks for your help in the pits.:sunny:

Matt Bleck
27th November 2006, 12:50
good stuff Kel, sounds addictive! :2thumbsup

emaN
27th November 2006, 12:55
...No doubt about the saying 'The bullshit stops when the flag drops.'...
and then it starts up all over again!

well done K! good to hear ya standing yer ground out there, on your bike!!
(did i hear ya blattin' around this morning?:innocent: )

HDTboy
27th November 2006, 13:26
Girl, you nailed me off the line every time. You had some good pace on the track too, just need more time a?

wybmadiity
27th November 2006, 16:06
Rotorua Rat Riders :

:rockon: Sounds like a fun day! Good on you for getting amongst it!

GSVR
27th November 2006, 16:14
Glad you had a good day. The bikes looking good now and will be even better when you get the lower fairing on.

Which side of the Motard and Rider laying on the track on the exit to turn one in the second F3 race did you take? I just about ran straight over the top of him.

Goblin
27th November 2006, 19:36
good stuff Kel, sounds addictive! :2thumbsup
Yeah, you not wrong! You think trackdays are addictive....racing is even worse!

and then it starts up all over again!

well done K! good to hear ya standing yer ground out there, on your bike!!
(did i hear ya blattin' around this morning?:innocent: )
Having fun trying...and it's even better now I own the thing. Wasn't me blatting around this morning:no:

Girl, you nailed me off the line every time. You had some good pace on the track too, just need more time a?
Cool! It's so hard to know who is who when you're out there doing it. Few more meetings and I'll be well on the pace I reckon.

:rockon: Sounds like a fun day! Good on you for getting amongst it!
Cheers Liv.

Glad you had a good day. The bikes looking good now and will be even better when you get the lower fairing on.

Which side of the Motard and Rider laying on the track on the exit to turn one in the second F3 race did you take? I just about ran straight over the top of him.
Thanks Garry...always good to see you.:yes:
I was well on the inside, right on the white line when the Motard went down...just caught it out of the corner of my eye. Glad you missed him though.

_Gina_
27th November 2006, 19:47
Awesome chick!!

Sounds like you are doing well and have the right attitude :)

Was out on a track today (first time since I met you at Manfield earlier this year) even had Aaron Slight showing me lines for a coupla four laps :rockon:

Can't wait to join you next year (fingers crossed)

Gg

saul
28th November 2006, 05:26
That sounds like a great day for you and gav:yes: brilliant

sugilite
28th November 2006, 16:39
Well done Kel! :yes: All the very best with the nxt round:Punk:

Goblin
28th November 2006, 18:29
Awesome chick!!

Sounds like you are doing well and have the right attitude :)

Was out on a track today (first time since I met you at Manfield earlier this year) even had Aaron Slight showing me lines for a coupla four laps :rockon:

Can't wait to join you next year (fingers crossed)

Gg
Was that the HRC day at Taupo?
I can't wait for you to join me next year too...we need more chicks out there to keep these guys honest. ;)

That sounds like a great day for you and gav:yes: brilliantCheers Glen.

Well done Kel! :yes: All the very best with the nxt round:Punk:Thanks Anthony. Will do my best:yes:

babyB
29th November 2006, 12:28
way ta go gal
cool rite up. sounds like another cool day. well done
sorry couldnt be there

kickingzebra
30th November 2006, 19:45
Well done lady!! loked bloody good out there... now to procure a 900cc injun to match the fairings...

ajturbo
30th November 2006, 20:31
wow .. sounds like you had a great day matey!!!
well done.. good to hear you been kicking some butt...
and yes, you will only get better now!!

Goblin
1st December 2006, 10:39
Well done lady!! loked bloody good out there... now to procure a 900cc injun to match the fairings...

Hehehe...cheeky prick! The fairing's just my tactic to scare the opposition...same with the scuffed leathers...look like a crazy bitch and they might give me a wide birth.(oops, that would make my eyes water...I mean a wide berth) Worth a try anyway.

wow .. sounds like you had a great day matey!!!
well done.. good to hear you been kicking some butt...
and yes, you will only get better now!!
Cheers A. See you on the 30th-31st.:yes:

sorry couldnt be there
No worries K. maybe next time eh.

ajturbo
1st December 2006, 14:12
[quote=Goblin;843884] just my tactic to scare the opposition... with the scuffed leathers...look like a crazy bitch and they might give me a wide birth.(oops, that would make my eyes water...I mean a wide berth) Worth a try anyway.

Cheers A. See you on the 30th-31st.:yes:

quote]

yep looking at your leathers the first time i met you, put the shivers down my spine.... ( i finaly found that i had one...)

but on the good side, i now know the truth and posted my entry away today!!!....
:Punk: