PDA

View Full Version : AMCC Round 1, Race Report

Keystone19
27th November 2006, 18:35
It is with mixed feelings that I write this report. As you may have read on the other thread about Motobob, my team mate Paul was involved in a serious accident and it was very difficult to keep riding afterwards, but it was what he wanted and so here is the report:

Went out in qualifying with no real idea of what sort of times I would do. I had a good session and with the new modification to the seat of my SV being tested for the first time, I was stoked to be feeling really comfortable on the bike. In fact, so comfortable, I qualified 4th fastest and on the front row of the grid. You should have seen my jaw drop!! I couldn't believe it!!!

But, before the first race the accident happened and lining up for the first time on the front row was bitter sweet. My team mate wasn't there to see it.

I had a shocking start but got in some great laps and pulled my fastest ever time at Pukekohe - 1.09.83. I finished 6th but I was ok with that.

2nd race I got a much better start and pulled away in second place into the first turn. I managed to hold on to 2nd until about 2 laps from the finish when Logan shot past me. I tried to stay with him and pretty much managed to and finished in 3rd place. My first podium finish!

Both races were for Paul. It was hard getting out there but i know if I hadn't done it then, it would have been much harder in a few weeks.

Thanks to my pit crew - Gordon (hubby), Kevin and Gareth D.

And of course to my team mates Paul and Cleve.

I would never have done it without you Paul.

GSVR
27th November 2006, 18:43
Well done. Hope all goes well for Paul.

NinjaBoy
27th November 2006, 20:09
Well done Jill.. What's these seat mods then eh ?

Goblin
27th November 2006, 20:15
Congratulations on the podium finish Jill. Well done.:yes:

Quasievil
27th November 2006, 20:56
Good one Jill, glad your up the front, but hey guess what you better get on the gas abit more, lil ole quazi got a new toy on the way.......and IM coming to get you !!!!!!!!!!!!

:yes:

bugjuice
27th November 2006, 21:16
good on ya gal.. well done :niceone:

vtec
27th November 2006, 22:00
Jill, you're doing great. Improving all the time. Keep at it because motorbike racing is mostly about experience, the more you get the better you go you're just starting to realise your potential.

SuperDave
27th November 2006, 22:16
Good stuff Jill, must've been real tough to keep focused in light of the events.

Hoon
27th November 2006, 22:28
Great stuff and nice lap time. Almost a sec better than I ever did!!

Shaun
28th November 2006, 06:48
Well done Jill, and I know Paul will be proud of your efforts

Keystone19
28th November 2006, 11:34
Good one Jill, glad your up the front, but hey guess what you better get on the gas abit more, lil ole quazi got a new toy on the way.......and IM coming to get you !!!!!!!!!!!!

:yes:

I can't wait...............

skelstar
28th November 2006, 11:40
Good on you Jill for getting out there after Paul's accident. A podium finish is a great result...hope to see some of this action at one of the meetings Im along to in the future.

Rossi Gal
29th November 2006, 10:18
You GO GIRL!!! dam thats a fine job you did. I take my hat off to you..

loosebruce
29th November 2006, 10:59
You rock Jill :rockon:
Under the conditions you raced in you have done yourself immensly proud and i know paul is (so am I, that advice has worked a treat er).
If i dont' catch ya before the 10th i'll see you there. and 1.09s, way to girl, times like that you deserve to be up the front, keep it up.
And i have no doubt you'll put that quasi fella in his place good and proper!

babyB
29th November 2006, 11:02
way to go gal good on ya.
stay strong